>>>>

Friday, December 27, 2013

Crochet a Snowflake Spool-pin Doily!

snowflakespoolpindoily2
This post comes as a special gift from Cheryl who wants to thank us all for her new-found love of vintage machines!

I’m not so sure her hubby thanks us, but she is having a ball, and wanted to share her directions for a delightfully delicate spool pin doily with us so you can ditch the old red felt circle and dress up your vintage ladies the way they love to be adorned!

I love these in white, but I think they’d be equally fun in whatever color of crochet cotton you wanted to dress up your machine with!

There are only 4 rounds to each snow flake, so they should work up quickly for you.

snowflakespoolpindoily1

Cheryl’s instructions are as follows:

You will need:
  • size 3 crochet thread (I used a glitter white color, Red Heart)
  • #5 (1.90 mm) metal crochet hook
Round 1
Chain 2, sc 8 into 2nd chain from hook.  Join with slst into first sc.


Round 2
work 2 dc into each stitch (16 dc) join with slst.

Round 3
Chain 7 *skip next dc, work 2 dc into next stitch chain 4** repeat from *to **.  Work one double crochet in stitch next to the 7 chains join with a slst into 3rd chain. (this makes 8, dc 4chain loops.)

Round 4
*sc 3 into chain 4 space, chain 3, sc 3 into same 4 chain space** repeat from *to**.  Join with slst into first sc.  Tie off thread, and weave tail into snowflake to finish.

Abbreviations:
dc-double crochet
slst-slip stich
sc-single crochet
Thank you Cheryl, for the cute tute!  I’ll be adding this to the free patterns tab above as well.

We are headed back home –it’s been wonderful being up in the mountains since Monday.  The time flies so fast!  Next time you hear from me I’ll be back in my basement studio.

Have a great afternoon, Everyone!

Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

You do not need a Facebook account to read the Facebook posts - They are viewable to all! Feel free to read & quilt along with us!

6 comments:

  1. Darling little project! I'll have to go find my size 5 metal crochet hook so I can make 1 or 2 or 20. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pinned this, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one that I was gifted, and it is one my 1954 Bernina. But I just got a featherweight for Christmas, so maybe I need to make another. My meager crochet skills may actually be able to handle this. Thanks for posting it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! I've saved the directions and will ask a friend to make one for me. I wish my grandmother had taught me how to crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this very cute pattern. It will be a darling Christmas gift for my friends with Singer Feather Weight machines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the pattern Love them

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)