>>>>

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Time in the Love Shack, Kerrville Group 2!

20150218_103609
Group Two for our Love Shack Workshops in Kerville, Texas showed up eager and raring to dig in and get sewing!

Missed my post from Group One?  You can catch that post HERE.

Group Two brought with them their smiles, their sweet personalities and their eagerness to learn the basics of some improv piecing –along with their machines, their tools, their notions, and most of all – THEIR SCRAPS!

And oh – there were scraps!

Big, small, odd sized and neatly cut – it didn’t matter – they brought them all.

This bag was recently purchased at a guild auction night, and it came back to play a big part in our day:

 20150218_133636

PILES of scrappy wonderfulness and possibilities to be!

20150218_103531

My demo star!

The text fabric was from a pre printed panel for sewing something – these were the assembly directions left after the item had been made ---it’s cotton, it’s fun – so why not use it!

20150218_144446

Yeah, we had an awesome time –such fun little blocks!

20150218_150813

Look how they are coming together!

Soon they will be this:

20150218_150609

Love Shack!

Love shack is a workshop exclusive pattern, but you can make your own through the various tutorials found under the Free Patterns tab.  This is a compilation of Happy Scrappy Houses, Maverick Stars, Wonky Hearts!  You can still pick up a copy of Tonya Ricucci’s Word Play Quilts in Quiltville’s Book Store to learn everything you want to know about free hand piecing of words.  Upper case letters, lower case letters, numbers, and loads of inspiration in the gallery section.
 
Click the image below if you are unable to view the slide show on your mobile device.  You’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing.

Love Shack, Group 2, Kerrville TX 2015


 
The sun is shining brightly in San Antonio this morning as I pack up the last of my stuff and head home to North Carolina.  I’m looking forward to being home – but it will be just for a few days as I travel to Florida on next Wednesday!  I hope they keep the WARM on for me, as it certainly will not be warm back home.
 
However, I have a weekend at the cabin planned ahead ---and it can be as cold as it wants, I’ll be sewing away and enjoying some R&R up at Quilt Villa!
 
Tonight ---when I get in, we have our drawing for the winner of the Sewing Mates Feathermate table.  DID YOU ENTER ?? 
 
Got my thimble, got my hexies – I’m ready to fly!


Catch you from home ---


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

7 comments:

  1. Have a safe trip and enjoy your time at the cabin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe trip home and I will see you on Tuesday March 3rd in Tampa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always on the lookout for white fabric with words--never thought about using panels. Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is the funniest quilt,your workshop has to be just all smiles. Safe travels & R&R at Quilt Villa.
    Lou Wolf,Michigan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be sure to pack your woolies to take to the mountains. The low tonight in the Charlotte area is suppose to be 3 degrees…Yes I said 3! Breaking a record from the 1800's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Travel Safe! Enjoy your weekend & stay warm. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:42 PM EST

    I love the shops in Kerrville and Fredericksburg, Texas. Some of my favorites. I know they showed you a great time. I have a Featherweight but would love to have another one. You can email me to let me know I won at winsteadpab@sbcglobal.net - Cheryl Winstead from Texas

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)