>>>>

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Pink Blooms for Valentine’s Day!

20150213_073743
Spring is in bloom in San Antonio Texas!

Irene had to stop the car for me on the way to yesterday’s workshop with the Greater San Antonio Quilters –pink blooming things are my absolute favorite!

HOORAY!!  There really IS an end in sight to this winter!

I’m sure those folks in the frozen North East are thinking it can’t be true at this point – but eventually – things WILL bloom again!

As for you folks up in Maine – I’m headed your way in late March – please tell me that blizzard conditions will be over by late March?? Ha!

We left Irene’s yesterday morning planning ahead for much of this kind of thing on a Friday commuter morning:


20150213_075620

Oh yeah, welcome to San Antonio rush hour!

But still, this lovely morning held the promise of a gorgeous day that delivered just that – and more!

It brought a sold out workshop together and we spent the day sewing away on our Texas Tumbleweed blocks!

20150213_113135-1

It’s always fun to teach this one in Texas!

Texas Tumbleweed appeared in a past issue of Quiltmaker Magazine and is also found in my book MORE Adventures with Leaders & Enders.

20150213_151840

It was a fun and scrappy kind of day!

20150213_113007

Bundles of blocks coming together!

20150213_151549

In all color ways including this one which will be a wedding gift.

Gorgeous!

20150213_151429

Photo op of all our blocks!

20150213_151436

Such variety!

It was a great day and everyone had a good time – I know I did!

Click the image below if you are unable to view the slide show on your mobile device.  You’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing, but personally I think the slide shows are best viewed on a REAL computer, so go find yourself one!

Texas Tumbleweed, San Antonio, TX 2015



Last evening was filled with much more of this:

20150213_223238-1

Another stack ready for trimming!

I have gone as far as I can with the small little kit I bought at Las Colchas on Thursday morning.

And I realized something.  If I buy fabric that is going RIGHT into a project – and not being stashed, it doesn’t count against the stash total, right?  It’s guilt free!

I understand there is a great quilt shop not to be missed in Kerrville –I might have to find something MORE that I can sew in right away, thus remaining guilt free!

Today is a double duty day – morning guild meeting presentation for the Greater San Antonio Quilters, followed by a half day Scrap Crystals workshop. 

Loads of Easy Angle half-square triangles and a fun afternoon ahead ---

Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

8 comments:

  1. the blizzards may have stopped bonnie but cannot guarantee the snow mountains will be gone....bring your woolies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day to you Bonnie. Enjoy your day and guilt free shopping at the quilt store!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy valentine's day to the quilt queen. love this quilt, BUT those diamond units are scary. they were a definite intimidation for me in the MQ. flash backs!! have a good day in TX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda Wilkinson, WL, BC10:28 AM EST

    Happy Valentine's Day, Bonnie et al. My Valentine baby turns 30 today, and my groundhog baby turned 26 this year. I can hardly believe they are that old! I don't feel I aged that much! Anyway, happy guilt-free hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Creations in Kerrville is one of my very favorite quilt shops! You will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love Texas and Texans!!!! All that I have met have open hearts as big as the state they live in!

    This is one of your patterns that has stayed on the top of my to-make list...since I saw it.

    Have fun and happy St. Valentine's Day. EAT YOUR WAY THROUGH TEXAS. ohhhhhhhh yum!

    Smiles, JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  7. We were in San Antonio fall 2013 on a Country Heritage Quilt Tour. They took us out to Kerrville & Fredricksburg one day. I'm sure we spent at least 1.5-2 hours just there! It was amazing & I filled 3 flat rate postage boxes with fabric & notions just in that stop to ship home...lol. My favorite notion was the Texas wooden finger press. The staff there are super friendly too! (Though, I have yet to meet a rude quilter.) Boy I learned so much on that trip in the least expected places! Quilters are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a wonderful time in your class! You are such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)