>>>>

Monday, February 09, 2015

Quilt-Cam 2/9/2015!

sigridgoosies1
Did you know that if you are NOT in my time zone you don’t have to get up at 4am to watch Quilt-Cam?  We have ARCHIVES!

Click the Quilt-Cam tab at the top of the blog – they are all linked there!

It is actually better to access and watch Quilt-Cam from the blog tab because the feed is embedded into the post telling you more about what I am working on, showing you photos of which machine I’m sewing with, and also gives you background story – like this photo I clipped from Facebook where Sigrid is showing how SHE loves the archives so she can sleep in past 3am!

She is also working on our Wild & Goosey block – a paper pieced block from my Addicted to Scraps column with Quiltmaker!  Click the Addicted to Scraps tab at the top of the blog and you can find the issue that this is in.

This little baby has taken our Quiltville’s Open Studio group on Facebook by storm..EVERYONE is doing them!  You too can join in because they use the ittiest of pieces!


Quiltmaker has even provided you the printable PDF foundations HERE!

As for me:


My Spider Web Layout!

All of my blocks are laid out on the living room floor – but I am still working on piecing the fill in units for this off set layout.  Isn’t it fun?

I used the String Spider Web pattern from the Free Patterns Tab, and offset half of the blocks which means I need half blocks on some of the ends.  Tomorrow I hope to sew them together.  I’m teaching this workshop in Alaska in May and now my students will have two layouts to choose from!

But tonight:

20150209_201215crop

More Four-Patches-On-Point to contend with!

Our last  Quilt-Cam was just last week, and here we are again.  And would you believe I haven’t touched these since then?  These 4-patches are going on point with triangles I have cut for that purpose.  That is tonight’s mission!

mygofourit

These are my units for the American Patchwork & Quilting Quilt Along.  You can read more about it HERE.  Pick up a copy of the April 2015 issue, choose your pattern (Or a 4 patch pattern of your own if you so desire) And GO FOUR IT!

Ready to sew with me? Click the image below to start the feed!

On your mark!  Get set!  Get stitching!




Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

33 comments:

  1. It's 1.02pm Tuesday, 10th Feb on a hot day in Melbourne Oz. Works for me & all Aussies :) Thank you Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, boy. Quiltcam! Woo! Hoo! Love, love, love, the spider webs the way you offset them. Very dynamic. And, you are to blame for getting me involved in the four-patch frenzy. Bought the magazine, and once I get everything done for our upcoming quilt show, I'll be starting on the four patches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning! It is 4am @ the bottom of Africa - lovely to meet you in cyberspace :)! Love all you do, though I think you have more than 24 hours in your day! Thank you for being so inspiring. Cala

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love quilt cam. It's raining here in the Great Smoky Mountains of western north Carolina.
    Question for you
    If you could own just one vintage machine which would it be?
    Thanks
    Cathie Langdale
    Waynesville NC

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great 31st birthday present. My first time to catch quilt cam live. I have to admit that I haven't been quilting in quite a while due to work and school I still love watching quilt cam! Thank you Bonnie for the great birthday present.

    Sean

    from Locust Grove, OK.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Working on my setting triangles for Easy Street tonight....feels like a continuation of the last weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love quilt cam! Just wanted to say thanks for GIMQ I had fun learning new things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Watching in East Texas, making my 4 patches . I bought the American Patchwork and Quilting Magazine and I am using 2" squares for my 4 patch block. Beautiful weather these past few days mid 70's. Texas has the light on for you, safe travels to San Antonio. Ana in East Texas

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Bonnie, you said you found Mona a featherweight....what do you consider a good price? I bought one on eBay two weeks ago for $300. With case, and all the extra attachments....love all you do for us!

    Hugs from SOUTHEAST Minnesota !
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous9:25 PM EST

    I'm like you...I love fabric lines,but I don't like to use them all together in one quilt. I love variety.

    Amanda in Kentucky

    ReplyDelete
  12. Watching from rehab for a knee replacement. Working on paper pieced indigos and shirting stars I was working on on the Ireland trip. Thanks for the distraction.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just finished working 13 hours and how do I plan to unwind ? By watching and listening to you! Thanks Bonnie for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh, looking at the pretty quilt on the long arm rail. Can you tell us about it? Jennifer in Idaho

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so happy to report I have finished my Grand illusion mystery quilt! My long arm quilter is picking it up this Wednesday! I will post picture when it is totally done. I really enjoyed making this quilt thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Bonnie, I'm squaring up Tumalo Trail blocks. Wish I could figure out how to post a picture... this pattern is so much fun. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous9:44 PM EST

    hello Bonnie, working on sliver trimming clue #3.
    i am loving the process of making the GIMQ..thanks for sharing tour time with us..i so appreciate it.
    Sara Stockton
    momstockton02@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like the quilt layout! Very innovative!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loving your Belize shirt Bonnie! What a great trip that was!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Bonnie, Wondering how often you oil and grease your vintage machines? Loving quilt cam tonight! Thanks!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Bonnie !! :D
    i am soooo happy to see you live for the second time this year.. !
    going to pick up a 1924 15-91 tomorrow, so i can get some more dog booties done for my Molly..then back to quilting and looking for quiltville messages..
    Thanks for all you do !

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am searching Pinetrest to look for quilt ideas. My husband is sewing his string pieced Quilt of Valor top together with his broken foot elevated. We love watching Quilt Cam, thanks for all you do. Dennis and Tanya Perretta Springfield, Missouri

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bonnie~ Love you :) Is that an APQS Millie in the background??? I have one too :) My first time on quilt cam x thanks for having us x
    www.crazyforpurple.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Bonnie - I'm so excited to be able to tune in on my lunch break from work in Seoul, South Korea. No sewing going on as I'm eating leftover homemade eggdrop soup and some lunch meat/cheeses before running back to the office.

    Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm finger pressing some flippy corners while I watch. I got the bonus triangles trimmed while I was waiting for QuiltCAM. Had to stop and make a Chocolate Pie for DH. I watched Ree Drumond make one for her DH on the Food Channel. YUMMY stuff! Thanks for doing QuiltCam on a MOnday night.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi
    I finished my grand illusion top but discover one of my colors bleeds if I wash so i need to change all the pieces of the color
    What a mess
    Thank you for every thing

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMG!!! I forgot about quilt-cam. making teddy bear vests for my cousin's school build a bear workshop. shes a teacher and she needs about 200 small, med, large and extra large sizes (each). its due in june...I think

    ReplyDelete
  28. How you know the color fast or not? please , you look like you use whatever in your basket of scraps that are from many sources

    Another question what is the best long arm for a home use.Thanks
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous10:54 PM EST

    Love quilt cam. I see you in Tampa FL on March 2. Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you for the info on the sewing table...I'm a new FW owner and would love to win one!! If not, I'll just purchase!! :-) fredpeg1@bellsouth.net
    Peggy Morrison

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you for the info on the sewing table...I'm a new FW owner and would love to win one!! If not, I'll just purchase!! :-) fredpeg1@bellsouth.net
    Peggy Morrison

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you Bonny, you quilt cam is great, I would love to be in the running for a free 'American Quilting. ' magazine, as I am in the UK watching you... And it is difficult to get the magazine over here..

    ReplyDelete
  33. jenni.merfyn.jones@hotmail.com


    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)