>>>>

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

San Antonio and Sewing Time!

20150211_165047
Hello from Irene’s in San Antonio!

I had a quick uneventful travel day, and arrived here at lunch time and we have been settling in since.

It is so nice to have a friend where I am teaching ---I’ve been back and forth to Irene’s house several times over the past year, and it does feel like going home!

We unpacked the projects – we are sewing away and chatting as much as we are sewing and watching whatever we want on Netflix.  Or more like not watching, really!

I love the openness of Irene’s sewing space….we are set side by side and the light from the windows is awesome…


20150211_170849

Say hi, Irene!

My project for the week?

My APQ Quilt Along project with American Patchwork & Quilting.  Remember those 4 patches on point?

Last night while packing up everything I would need, I was digging for more charm squares to use for the corner triangles and I came across a set of vintage bow tie parts that I had been gifted.

Awesome fabrics from around 1900!

20150211_165852

How cool are these fabrics??

20150211_170106

Awesome indigos, blacks, mourning prints, a few reds and double pinks!

20150211_161307

Hooray for repurposing!

20150211_160247

Not a lot of waste when I trim them up!

20150211_170837

I’m so excited about these!!

For more info on the APQ Quilt Along, click HERE.  Are you playing along?

I’ll be staying here at Irene’s for the next few days before moving up to Kerrville on Sunday afternoon for my time with them.  I’ll be back to Irene’s Next Wednesday evening before flying back home on Thursday! 

She’s provided me a very homey place to land ---awesome!

I understand there will be some quilt shop hopping tomorrow – lunch out is on the agenda!  Teaching time starts Friday!

Have a great evening, Everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!


Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

16 comments:

  1. I'm playing along...with my 4-Patches Revisited (your pattern). I think I've gotten all of my 4-patches done, now to cut the setting squares and start piecing the center section together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just in Texas 2 weeks ago. I am moving there in May. I went to the quilt shops in San Antonio and to Kerrville. Loved the shop there. I hope I can go to one of your Texas workshops in the future. Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your down time and your teaching time. I really enjoyed your classes in Pigeon Forge, TN and Sault Ste. Marie, MI. I have both of my tops done and am looking forward to quilting them

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have been able to eat some BBQ and some Mexican food while in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew you were the perfect person to have those old bow tie pieces. I tucked them in with your socks and hat when you were in Lafayette, Indiana, in November. Delighted to have the opportunity to see how you used them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:10 PM EST

    Hi Bonnie, can you advise the name of the rotary cutter or where it was purchased? Kim from Canada
    email askmclellan@shaw.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would love to play along. But HAVE to do something about the UFOs in my life lol --- I have a plan. One of my favorite UFOs is going to be a wedding quilt for 'someone' in our family. We have 3 yet-to-be-married grands... Have to be sure to make each a quilt. Told everyone MY CHOICE FOLKS!!!! My money, my choice of fabrics etc. They really have no idea how much making a quilt can cost...and for this I am glad.

    Looks like you are having a super time.... ENJOY

    Smiles, JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Kerrville! Wish I could be there with you. If you get a chance and you are really hungry, go to Billy Gene's restaurant on the river. Awesome food (and lots of it) of the Texas home cookin' variety.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like Irene has a quilt shop in her studio! Have fun....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:11 PM EST

    Don't forget Las Colchas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:05 AM EST

    Can you comment on your experience with the martelli rotary cutter that was in your post tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have that Martelli rotary cutter after reading on of Bonnie's posts a couple of months ago and I love it! The first hour was definitely a learning curve to find the balance but wow it is so nice and smooth to use. My hand fatigue is almost all gone and my elbow and shoulder too. There is a video on their website I found very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun! Looks like Irene is also a sewing machine collector. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love Kerrville - lucky you! Now skip over to San Antonio for Las Cholchas - you are in prime quilt country!!
    Keep stitching those four patch squares - cannot wait to see what they turn into !!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think it's wonderful that you have such a great friend to play with in San Antonio! I know the teaching is fun for you so this is double the pleasure!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Irene's studio appears to be a quilt shop where we could find many interesting pieces to purchase.

    Glad you two are having a fun time quilting and eating. Hooray for good friends who quilt with you.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)