>>>>

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Quilt-Cam 2/25/2015

20150225_202834
Bins of Scraps, Baskets of Scraps…too many scraps!

NEVER TOO MANY SCRAPS!

This is the bin I’m working out of tonight in an effort to increase my stash of tiny string blocks.

How tiny?  3” finished!

How many? I don’t know!

I’m just sewing up with plans on using them in a quilt somewhere down the road.

I even thought I could use them with a crumb-centered star like this:

20150225_202655

Maybe?  I’ll need a lot of them!

But I have scraps a plenty!

20150225_203720

My APQ Quilt Along units in a baggie --

I had hoped that I would have time to find setting fabric amongst the stash for these today – but alas, it didn’t happen.  So they remain in their baggie, and even though I’ve been string piecing a lot with the spider web over the past several quilt cams ---It’s string piecing again tonight.

I’m sewing on my 1950s Singer 404A – a straight stitch machine only, but boy can she sew!

Are you ready to join me?  Click the screen below to start the feed.



And while you are watching – if any of you are in Florida, here is some info for a lecture I’m giving March 5th in Orange Park!  Come See me!

10997293_10153108606771649_696317266443168673_o

Bonnie Hunter presents: The Best of Quiltville - Lecture/Trunk Show 
Asbury Methodist Church - Orange Park, Florida
Hosted by Country Crossroads Quilt Shop
Thursday March 5, 2015
7:15pm
Doors open at 6:45pm
Tickets: $15.00 per person
-To insure your seat - Pre-purchase your tickets from Country Crossroads Quilt Shop, 799 Blanding Blvd. Orange Park - 904-276-1011 
-Tickets may also be purchased at the door while available.  - CASH ONLY (No Checks, No Credit Cards)   
Asbury Methodist Church
16 College Drive
Orange Park, FL 32065
(corner of College Dr & Blanding Blvd - across the street from Publix shopping center)


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

21 comments:

  1. Hey Bonnie,

    First time catching quilt cam LIVE!!!! YAY!!! I feel like a cyber stalker I have been reading your blog and watching quilt cams backward. I am quilting my first quilt sandwich tonight using a straight stitch and a walking foot and won't get to finish watching but I will hit the archive as soon as our appointment who is showing up late leaves LOL. Thanks for teaching me!!! Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that Mona is going to start on 9 patches. This reminded me that sometime ago (I think it was a quiltcam) you showed us how to lay out a 9-patch with strips and an extra square. When you get the chance, can you review this system. I have searched the tips section and gone thru some quiltcams and have not been able to locate it.

    Thank you for all that you do - I follow you religiously.

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie... i have been working on the goosey blocks.... love this little tidbit of a pattern.... and how is the 5 min purge going...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cannot wait until next Thursday for the trunk show and then sewing with you next Saturday!
    Watching and having late dinner!
    Jeannette in St Augustine

    ReplyDelete
  5. pronounced.. key-chi (Hungarian for little)
    Hi Bonnie !! finally got the computer set up in sewing room yay !! now i can sew along with you.. instead of just watching is soooo awesome to see you on quilt cam again i hope you are feeling a bit better after your fall.. Thanks again for everything you teach me !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:31 PM EST

    I just received a 1962 singer 503A. I haven't pluged it in yet. It was a gift from a friend of my husband. It needs a good cleaning, then I will need to learn how to use it.
    Thanks for quilt can!
    Tracy from Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Bonnie! I'm working on the Texas Tumbleweed quilt I started in your San Antonio workshop. That was a lot of fun and I'm loving this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go to color for a punch...RED my favorite :0)
    Thanks for quilt cam
    love it.

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bonnie! This is Kathi from Gainesville, Virginia. I am working on some fussy cut square in a square blocks for a swap. They are outer space themed. We are getting the same snow tonight! Just picked up my copy of the magazine for the APQ 4 patch quilt along. Thanks for fitting in Quilt Cam for us. Have fun in sunny Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Having a bad day, it is getting better thanks to you! Love watching quilt cam and learning from you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you suppose you could iron interfacing on the back of those gorgeous bow ties to give them support and strength?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Bonnie. I finished your Perkimon Daydream pattern tonight. There is a huge feeling of accomplishment. Thank you for teaching us on quilt cam you can get a lot done just sewing an hour a day, for many days. Paula in Omaha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for Quilt Cam tonight! And here I thought you were still on your snowy mountain. Glad you got down safely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous10:02 PM EST

    I'm having a great time finally off work on a Quiltcam night! Working on GIMQ and will finish my blocks tonight! Woohoo! I can't figure out how to post a picture here so will do it later in a open Studio.
    I so enjoyed being with you in Lafayette, Indiana in November thanks so much for a wonderful day!
    Blessings, Marci from Evansville, Indiana. BTW I LOVE snow hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoyed quilt cam. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous10:21 PM EST

    I'm especially enjoying quilt cam tonight! I love that you are sewing on your Singer 404! That was my first machine. I received it as a Christmas gift from my parents in 1960. We are still together and I still love her after all these years. I guess you could say we have become "vintage" together. I own other machines, but she is my favorite.
    Happy sewing!
    Brenda in Virginia
    Bbbuck@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much Bonnie for sharing the info about your Lecture & Trunk Show next week! We are sooooo anxious to have you here in SUNNY (thinking positive) FLORIDA!!!!
    Lynn In Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  18. In your first pic I saw some papers that you were using as a foundation for the strips. Can I ask what kind of paper it is?

    ReplyDelete
  19. nevermind LOL - I watched to video and seen what it was :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous8:18 AM EST

    Bonnie, Sad I missed quiltcam. I was busy sewing blocks from Grand Illusion. I was inspired by Lynn at Country Crossroads to work on it again. Lynn has a wonderful shop and her husband is a long arm genius. Yey! I am in your class. Welcome to Florida. Not so sunny today but warmer here. No busted pipes. Valerie C

    ReplyDelete
  21. First time I have watched QuiltCam and I love it! I learned so much! Thank you!

    I have question...behind your left shoulder is a beautiful quilt. It comes across as shades of grey and pink on my monitor. It looks like pattern might possibly be 9 patch set on point. Is it?

    Hoping to catch one of your classes the next time you are in Texas!

    Safe travels to Florida!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)