>>>>

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sunday Show & Share!

I’m at the airport already – no time last night to write a blog post to go live this morning so I am tapping this out quickly!

It’s going to be a long day to Oregon, so I thought I would share some lovely photos sent in by readers  --you all do such lovely work!

Our first quilt is from Wilma in the Netherlands.  She writes:

Hello Bonnie,

I am Wilma nooij from the Netherlands and I made a quilt from your book adventures with leaders and enders.
I send you some pictures of it to show you my quilt and to thank you for the pattern and the nice way to make this quilt
And thank you for the book.

Greetings Wilma nooij

wilda1
 
Blue Ridge Beauty is found in Adventures with Leaders & Enders.
 
Don’t you love her selection of blue and neutrals?  I just love a blue/neutral quilt!
 
Next up is Victoria and her Easy Street Quilt!
 
victoriaeasystreet1

She writes:
 
Dear Bonnie,
Thank you so very much for the Easy Street mystery pattern! And also a special thanks for including the encouraging words in the Introduction to the mystery that it would work well with Civil War reproductions. That gave me the courage to proceed with my huge stash of Civil War stuff.
http://victoria-carroll-parkhill.blogspot.com/2013/09/easy-street.html
You are so busy that you might not recall the Manchester, New Hampshire workshop (It was Midnight Flight) where I had brought this, then-just-finished flimsy to show'n'tell. Well, now it is quilted in Baptist Fans by me on a rented longarm and bound, too. I just love it! Thank you so much!
Vic in NH


I love it, Vic!  Your colors and fabrics are so great!  Isn’t it fun to see how different a quilt can look just by changing the colors and the style of the fabrics?  Wonderful job!
 
And look what Elena has been up to:
 
Elenacrumbs1
 
Crumb Strips sashed and bordered!  Whoowhooo!
 
She simply says: 

Final product of the crumbs. I love the way I decided to put it together.

I do too!  Love what the black does for the multitude of colors going on…fabulous!

Kathy has been busy with Quilts of Valor…this is her latest:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Kathy used the String X pattern found under the free patterns tab at the top of the blog…have you tried this one yet?

She writes:

Hi Bonnie, here's my most recent Quilt of Valor.  I love your patterns.  Kathy.
Kathy, thank you so much for remembering our soldiers and service men and women!

The next two are from Brenda!

brendabricksstones1

Brenda’s Bricks & Stepping Stones….another from the Free Patterns tab!

She writes:

Hi Bonnie,
Here is a picture of 2 of my finished quilts using your patterns.  Thank You for letting us use them.  The Bricks & Stepping Stones went to my son and the Carolina Crossroads went to QOV in my local guild.



Just as soon as I finish my UFQ's I'm starting the last Mystery of 2012.

brendacrossroads1

Carolina Crossroads is found in Scraps & Shirttails!

Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful quilts with all of us!  Keep those machines humming!!

Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

12 comments:

  1. These are all beautiful! Thanks for the Shoe & Tell! It's always inspiring!!

    Cindy
    Bedford, PA

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caught your quilt cam late last nite and loved it! Love what you are doing with your UFO.. it inspires us all to rethink those left behind blocks not finished :) I have just finished hand quilting a quilt for my bff.. she pieced it 13 years ago and finally just brought it to me this summer to quilt... I finished it up in 2 months! So excited... now working on the next in my stack and hoping you have safe travels to Oregon :) Kathi
    P. S. As far as camera angle I really liked it and loved learning foundation piecing an easy way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. More inspiration, thanks Bonnie for giving and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love that quilt of Elena's

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the Show and Tell! Such fun versions off the patterns.And seeing Brenda's quilt,gave me an idea for a,pile of scraps in bright girly pinks and greens!

    ReplyDelete
  7. they are all stunning! kudos to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of today's quilts are beautiful, but Victoria? Of all the photos I've seen of Easy Street quilts done in something other than Bonnie's original colors, yours is one of the loveliest.

    Well done, Ladies! Thanks for sharing w Bonnie, and Bonnie, thanks for sharing w us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful, wonderful quilts--every single one. It is inspiring to see other people's take on a familiar pattern. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved catching the quilt-cam late last night (was at my guild meeting when it was live) --- listened and watched you while I was sewing our blocks of the month supplied by another of your fans, Kathy G. My leader and enders were the triangles rescued from others cast offs from their HST - these measure at 1.5".

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the show and tell. Can't wait to see you on Thursday at Emerald Valley Quilt Guild.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to all those featured! Elena's crumb quilt is amazing ... as you said in one of the quiltcam's Bonnie, triangles really grab the eye and add interest. Fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)