>>>>

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Cover Colorado: News from the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum!



Cover Colorado: Quilts for flood victims
 
The following was emailed to me, and I feel compelled to pass the info on to you. 
 
If you have any questions, please contact the  Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum at the phone number listed below.
 
flood1
 
Even though many of us can’t physically help the nearly 1,800 Colorado families whose homes have been destroyed by the recent flooding, we can provide some comfort to those in need with the generous donation of a homemade quilt.
 
flood2

The Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum is asking for help from the quilting community—quilters, quilt guilds, and quilt shops—to provide quilts for flood victims. We are asking for donations of new quilts, made of 100-percent cotton fabric, in twin, full, and queen sizes. Although we would prefer finished quilts, we will accept tops and work with local longarm quilters to finish them.
 
flood3
 
Please drop off  or mail your donation to: 
Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum,
1213 Washington Avenue
Golden, CO 80401
(Monday- Saturday 10 to 4; Sunday 11-4) or the museum office, 651 Corporate Circle, Suite 102, Golden (Monday-Thursday 9:30-4). Please call the museum office at 303-215-9001 if you have any questions or concerns.

flood4

Quilters always pull it together when the going gets tough.  And the going ALWAYS gets tough.  I know it seems like we just come out of one crisis before we are in another. 

Can you make a quilt? Can you send a quilt?

I know you can!

I also ask you to PLEASE link this post on your news groups, your flickr groups your email lists and facebook walls.  Wherever quilters gather -- please help us get the word out.

Thank you.

Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!








6 comments:

  1. They say 'drop off your quilt' but no info if you were going to mail them. I have a couple that I could send and probably my church group as well but I can't drop them off since I live in TX.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there;

      The sent to is:
      Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum1213 WASHINGTON AVE
      GOLDEN CO 80401

      I can not imagine such a terrible mess. While Okla. had that horrid tornado, this is the water version of that one. Bless their hearts.

      JulieinTn

      Delete
  2. Very sad. Thanks for calling this to our attention. I'll do my part to help increase awareness. I think many quilters have been waiting to see how we might be able to help in this manner. And, we appreciate the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum helping to be a source for us to send quilts to.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending a quilt and a top.

    The ZIP OCE for the Museum itself:
    1213 WASHINGTON AVE
    GOLDEN CO 80401

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm grateful my Daughter wasn't int he worst of this storm. The rain got into her basement only. I'm planning to visit the Museum soon so I can drop some off. I will ask my quilt group if they have any to donate. Linking back with my next Blog Post, too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:40 AM EDT

    Shared on my blog. Digging through the UFO's in my sewing room that just need layered and quilted.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)