>>>>

Monday, December 19, 2011

Mystery Monday Link Up! Part 5!

So here we are again.  I can’t believe how these posts are flying by one after another – you think a week is a long time and you have a chance to catch your breath before the next Monday post comes along but NOPE!

I’m really looking forward to seeing your Part 5 progress! And any progress on any step you have made over the past week.

There have been a couple of comments from people who say they are sick of this color, or that color --- All I can do is say, that’s the way it is!  You’ll be glad when you see it all together. It’s WORTH IT!!  And the yardage requirements should give anyone an idea on whether we are done with our black parts yet.

Hang in there a bit longer-- units will be taking shape by the next clue on Friday, and that’s all I’m going to say for now--

winstonways 008
As far as my best laid plans for my 4 patches from yesterday go ---I didn’t get very far!  It wasn’t but 10 minutes after I posted and got back to sewing that DH asked if I wanted to go to dinner.  I’m not one to turn down an evening out, so I turned off the machine, double checked that the iron was off…and out we went!

We hit the grocery store too, so by the time we got home it was around 9pm.  The desire to sew further was just not there, and instead I put groceries away, made a batch of rice pudding ((Love it hot off the stove with cinnamon and nutmeg!!)) and settled in to watch  some Law & Order SVU!

And then I remembered I needed to write this and get it set to go live tomorrow morning ---so here I am.

Let’s link up! If you’ve linked before, you don’t need the directions below, but because we have new people joining us every week, I still want to be sure they know what to do:

If you are a blogger, please link your post showing your Orca Bay Mystery progress on Part 5 ((Or any other part, no matter where you are in the mystery)) below!

Remember that we need the url of the specific POST, not just the address for your whole blog. To get the correct address in the linky –right click on the title/subject line of the post you wrote about your quilt progress. Chose “copy link address” and paste this url in the form when you link. You can also CLICK the title line of the post you want to link...and copy the url from the address bar at the top of your browser that way.

For instance, my blog address is http://quiltville.blogspot.com but that isn't enough. I can't link to the WHOLE blog, I need the address of the post. The address of THIS post is    http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2011/12/mystery-monday-link-up-part-5.html See the difference?

If you link to just your whole blog, I’ll have to remove your link and have you try again because I can’t fix it FOR you.


We'll leave this open for a week to give you time to write your posts! I LOVED seeing what links came in last week! If you missed those, you can find them linked in the Orca Bay Mystery tab at the top of the blog ---just look at the bottom of that page below the step links for the Mystery Monday Link-Up Links!
Happy Monday!


11 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:38 AM EST

    Oh my, it is too early to read blogs. For a second I couldn't believe an entire week passed, and a new clue was released. I hadn't even started on step 5. Oy, Time for coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:28 AM EST

    Well I posted a couple weeks ago that I was doing Orca Bay, but I was 4 weeks behind at that time....well I am working on it. I have done step 1 and step 3 and today I will cut a million wings to go on part 3. It is easier for me to complete something before I start on something else. Then I only have the strings to catch up on. Hopefully wil get a few of them done this week also. I can't post a pic as I am not a blogger, but look forward to seeing yours. So far this is great fun.

    mjthompson at gondtc dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:07 AM EST

    I can just smell the aroma of your rice pudding! How about sharing your favorite recipe sometime? Your mystery quilt has been perfect timing for me. thanks so very much.
    anita in abq

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love just skimming over the little thumbnail of each bloc post. They make such a pretty collage of little orcas. I love how this is going, the pieces are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving being able to watch everyone's progress and like MaryLu, by just 'skimming/skipping' over each thumbnail - some make me feel a bit sheepish since I'm not as far along as they are (but secretly, I admire/envy them for all their hard work and the progress they've made), others make me feel a bit better since I'm on the same page as they are ;-)

    Either way, I look forward to Monday morning link up and don't think I would be enjoying this Mystery as much without it.

    Good Luck EVERYONE - keep goin' til you get there, we're ALL of us in this together and pulling for You and each other, and PLEASE pull for me, too...Thanks!!
    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:26 PM EST

    I was wondering if the finished size 74.5 x 84.5 include borders?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:14 PM EST

    I am having such fun with this mystery! Can't believe I'm keeping up with the holidays and all, but this helps me relax so I do a little each day. Thanks so much Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Mystery is the Highlight of my holiday season. AND...I am NOT surprised by the number of participants. I can hardly sleep on Thursday waiting for the next clue -- there must be a name for this -- there must be others who suffer from this -- is there a cure? I hope not, because I don't want to get better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops, I guess I'm too late to participate! For some reason I thought I had until the end of today. Oh well! If anyone wants to see, here's my part 5 :)

    http://mishamichele.blogspot.com/2011/12/orca-bay-step-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so far behind everyone else, but I will get there eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too am behind as I couldn't start until after Christmas since I didn't know about it until 2nd week of Dec. Got my fabric and prepped it then got a few pieces of part one cut on Sunday before Christmas but that was it.
    Now I have pats 1 & @ all cut out and some of the pieces sewn and hoping to get some of part 3 cut out tonite. This is my first mystery quilt and first time doing it online. I can't seem to get the linky thing to work tho. Got my blog up and working but am lost on how to get my stuff to post here>????

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)