>>>>

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve!

Here’s poor Sadie Jane, wishing everyone a MERRY CHRISTMAS---while in the process of being completely humiliated by Jeff putting blinking antlers on her head.  It’s worse than the “Cone of Shame” --- she couldn’t wait to get that thing off her head!

It can’t possibly be Christmas Eve!  Part of me is a bit bummed that this month has flown by so quickly!  I’m headed to the Dallas area next FRIDAY – how can that be possible?  And the other part of me is happily willing to relinquish 2011 to the archives and start 2012 with a brand sparkling new slate!

Karen, Lisa & I have plotted and planned to celebrate the passing of Christmas, and the survival of another Holiday season by getting together at Karen’s house on the 26th for a SEW DAY!!

I am so happy to be doing this…..this way my crazy family won’t drag me out in the “Day AFTER Christmas shopping mayhem”.  It was bad enough that we had to go out YESTERDAY for a couple of last things --- I needed a few groceries for Christmas dinner, and to pick up a couple things for Jeff --- and----- who’s big idea was it to go out at 4:30 in the afternoon 2 days before Christmas? Never mind --- it’s done.  And I’m not leaving the house for a while!

studio 010

Instead of baking cookies….I’ve got piles of triangles cut and ready to sew.  Cookie sheets can be handy in the sewing room, too, ya know?!  These will most likely be going to Karen’s with me for the 26th Sew Day --- that is unless I get some time to sew them here first! 

Oooooh!  Do you see in the bottom left of the yellow section? RUBY RED SLIPPERS?!  Those came home from Kansas with me ((How fitting!)) and just next to it is the Yellow Brick Road fabric! I found a quilt for them to go in! Yeah!

And you know what?  There *IS* no place like home -----


20 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Thanks for all that you do for quilters everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every family needs a Jeff to keep things lively and humorous. Thanks for the tip about the cookie sheet. I'll have to keep a look out for after Christmas sales. Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:23 AM EST

    Hi Bonnie, I have those ruby slipper and yellow brick road fabrics in my collection also. I have another Wizard of Oz fabric with a blue background that is in my Orca Bay mystery. Sandi in NY

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I was at the grocery store yesterday afternoon, too, with my husband. I'm not sure how it went from him saying, "I'll run to the store and get whatever we need" to my driving him there. How does that happen?!?!?!? The stores were a zoo and parking lots were worse. But we made it and I'm baking all day today. No after Christmas sales for me, either.

    Merry Christmas to everyone - be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas!! Can't wait for Monday...we're going to have a BLAST!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i sewed last night too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just a quick question Bonnie. I see that your HST's don't have any pointed ends. Do you trim the 2nd end right away or am I doing something wrong? Could you please explain your method sometime? I love the easy angle ruler but do struggle with the flopping of it. Merry Christmas. Looking forward to your 2012 blogs. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonnie-Merry Christmas to you and your family. Have a joyous holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will be doing my best to see you while you are here!! Cant wait. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maureen in Portland1:13 PM EST

    Merry Christmas, Bonnie. You are a gift to us all year long!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merry Christmas, Bonnie! I'll be joining Sandy (of Quilting for the Rest of Us) and others in a Boxing Day Sew In and working on my Mystery Quilt. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bonnie, I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and I know you'll have a great sew day with your buddies! Let's plan on doingour sewathon again sometime when you're home in the new year. p.s. My cookies haven't arrived yet..haha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merry Christmas, thanks for all you share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmmmmmm home!! happy days to you bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Couldn't Jeff wear those antlers instead of poor Sadie? I think he would look cute in them!

    Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I spent most of Friday shopping and was surprised that the afternoon traffic and shopping lines were so much worse than the evening. DH was going to do those errands for me, but ended up sick in bed. Perfect timing. : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. My little dog has a smaller version of those antlers. He is not happy when DD puts them on him.
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Merry Christmas may Santa bring you more ways to use more fabric. Thanks for always sharing your wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute pic...Sadie Jane and our Maggie could be related! LOL - Lucky for Maggie I did NOT find her "antlers" until earlier this evening...she was spared the photo session..this year..but there is always next!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)