>>>>

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Sew Much Giving in Bedford PA!

My heartfelt thanks go out to Mary Koval of Mary’s Quilt Shop in Bedford, Pennsylvania and all of the wonderful ladies who spend their time gathering at the shop and making quilts for those in need.

They have named their club the Bonnie Hunter club ---not because they use only my designs to make quilts, but more the method of making those scraps and leftovers pull together into lovely usable quilts. 

No scrap is ever turned away!  The group uses the tips and techniques from the Scrap User's System so the pieces are easy to pull together into any pattern when they gather to sew.

Having scraps in usable sizes of  strips, squares, and bricks makes any scrap quilt a breeze.

While doing their own sewing, they use Leaders & Enders to make more giving quilts between the lines of sewing other things.

These ladies donate 100s of quilts a year to folks they don’t even know.

I am so honored and humbled that they have used my name for their club.  I wish I could do more.  If any of my designs inspires them to sew ---then maybe I had just a little part in covering those who need our thoughts and prayers and well wishes on their journey to recovery.

These photos are snipped from the video I will link to below.  I tried to embed the video, but it wouldn’t do it ---

bhclub1

Sewing away at Mary’s Quilt Shop!

bhclub2

I know most of these ladies as I have been up there the past couple of years – they are dynamos!

bhclub3

If a handful of ladies can turn out 200 comfort quilts in a year – how many more could we give if we each made ONE?


I am teary eyed after watching this little video that Mary sent of the group on the news.  It touched my heart this morning, I hope it touches yours too.  Please CLICK HERE to view the video!  Your heart will be touched!

I know there are so many bad things on the news these days, but believe me.....there is so much good!

Much love to you all from Grants Pass Oregon ---

Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

13 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I would love to get something like this started in my community. This made me tear up too. Thank you for sharing this Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't watch the video, but I know these ladies are doing a great thing. Don't ever worry that you need to do more, you are so generous and have inspired so many quilters. I work with Project Linus in North Alabama and have seen your free patterns used many times for the kids in our area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ministry. What a wonderful group of ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your patterns with all of us! Watching this video makes me glad to be a quilter and Mary is a hero! What an honor to have the club named after you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't this wonderful? What a caring group, aptly named for our Bonnie!

    As quilters we are all part of a terrific and caring tradition - making quilts for warmth, comfort and love. How many quilts were made and sent out in our own American Civil War to soldiers on both sides? "It is the right thing to do" as an older quilter (age 92 years) told me.

    Let's all try to carry on our tradition in some way in our areas.

    Super thanks Bonnie...and many hugs
    JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Tears in my eyes.
    Paula in KY

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful group! I've been able to contribute to comfort quilts and it's such a wonderful feeling to be able to help. Quilters are the most generous, caring people!

    Myrna in KY

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing! I do love to make and give my quilts to all kinds of charities, maybe I should think about starting a group like this.

    Thanks for the pictures and congratulations on being their inspiration, Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work of love and care. It warms your heart being their inspiration. Congratulations! Here in my country I work with Love Quilts Brasil, we make quilts with cross-stitched and patchwork blocks for very sick children. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful quilts made with love and care by ladies with beautiful hearts. A wonderful way to spend your time. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous9:27 PM EDT

    Bonnie, You should feel honored. Your gift of sharing your knowledge and techniques helps all of us to be motivated to pay it forward. Go Bedford Bonnie Hunter Quilt Guild! Please post an address if others can send them UFOs, strings, crumbs, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow... This is the third time today that I have been reminded of the quilt heart quilters have and the huge impact that we can make on the life's of others.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)