>>>>

Monday, December 05, 2011

Mystery Monday Link-Up, Part 3!

I can’t believe how fast we are rolling into December! Can you believe there are only 20 days left until Christmas? I’m in complete denial.

It’s not as stressful as when the kids were young. Now that they are grown, and we’ve had to help them financially quite a bit over the past couple of months, it’s pretty safe to say that both of their birthdays and Christmases have been taken care of this year!

But I still long for that festive holiday feeling --- the Tastes, the Sounds, and the Smells --- and the FEELING. And it’s slow in coming this year for me. Maybe it will kick in by the 15th or so??

Do you need some help getting kicked into gear? Sew Cal Gal is hosting a Christmas/Winter virtual Quiltshow on her blog!


Check it out HERE!

There are lots of wonderful entries…..click them in the linky there to see what everyone else is showing.

As for MY Christmas Spirit? Viewing the quilts inspired me to put some Holiday Cheer on my OWN bed!

house 077

It’s my Carolina Christmas! I love how this one FITS the bed…The antique pillows look really fun with it. I love how just changing out the quilts changes the whole room!

The pattern is featured in Scraps & Shirttails II for those of you who didn't participate when it was our 2009 Mystery.

There are a few other Red/White or Holiday quilts that I can dig out and decorate with. I might get around to that, a little bit at a time. A few table arrangements, some stockings at the hearth --- and I think that will be it. I don’t plan on putting up a tree this year, no one else seems to really care if we have one or not, and that is one stressful thing I’d rather avoid.

Anyway--- How are you coming along on your Part 3 units? I was amazed just yesterday, one day after the clue was released…that several of you had already FINISHED! This year I tried to divide things up into more “easy-to-swallow” chunks…so that meant a couple extra weeks to break steps down into smaller portions, but hopefully it doesn’t add stress to YOUR holiday either.

If you are a blogger, please link your post showing your Orca Bay Mystery progress on Part 3 ((Or any other part, no matter where you are in the mystery)) below!

Remember that we need the url of the specific POST, not the address for your whole blog. To get the correct address in the linky –right click on the title/subject line of your post you wrote about your quilt progress. Chose “copy link address” and paste this url in the form when you link.

For instance, my blog address is http://quiltville.blogspot.com but that isn't enough. I can't link to the WHOLE blog, I need the address of the post. The address of THIS post ishttp://quiltville.blogspot.com/2011/12/mystery-monday-link-up-part-3.html See the difference?

If you link to your whole blog, I’ll have to remove your link and have you try again because I can’t fix it FOR you.

We'll leave this open for a week to give you time to write your posts! I LOVED seeing what links came in last week! If you missed those, you can find them linked in the Orca Bay Mystery tab at the top of the blog ---just look at the bottom of that page below the step links for the Mystery Monday Link up Links !

Happy Monday!



15 comments:

  1. Love your Carolina Christmas quilt! Just beautiful - and yes, it's on my bucket list... Thanks for MM link #3, still keeping up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought id stop by and say hello. Richard from the Amish community of Lebanon,Pa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am using my rendition of your Carolina Christmas on my Quilt Ladder in my living room. It is the first thing one sees as you enter our home. I love how it is so happy looking. Merry Christmas, Bonnie!
    Sandi in Chattanooga

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie, we have an antique bed just like yours (same high headboard, same wood, same wood decoration at the top)that my DH's grandfather refinished for us. Right now it is living at my sister's house. When our boys move out, it will come back home. DH was just telling me not to give away my RRCB quilt because it would be perfect for that bed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've watched and printed patterns and thought about your mystery quilt marathons for the last 3 years (I have all your books and read your blog daily). This year I printed out the directions and - just for fun - started digging through fabrics - then printing out some triangle papers to see how big they really were - and yesterday I made ONE string block to see how that goes. Yeah - I'm hooked. I've read and re-read the directions so many times that now I'm comfortable with it all - and off I go! The links and photos really encourage me when I obsess about the colors or the amount of print in a "light" or anything else that might give me an excuse not to join in. Thanks Bonnie! I'm really excited to do this now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt looks very festive on your bed.
    I've heard of folks who have their tree on wheels. They leave it decorated and just roll it into a closet when the holiday is over. Wish I had a spare closet! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Carolina Christmas on your bed! I really didn't have the time to start this new mystery, even though I was dying to dive in (don't have much black either) so I comforted myself with making some progress on roll, roll, cotton boll.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love my Carolina Christmas quilt - I made it in blues and browns and use it all year long for my afternoon naps! Don't forget to check out the pictures on the Quiltville Yahoo site where we non-bloogers are faithfully posting pictures, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:47 AM EST

    I just love that quilt on your bed with those antique pillows ... fantastic!

    sao in Midlothian, VA

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to make a Carolina Christmas quilt..it is very beautiful! More strips to cut...maybe after OB is done, so I won't suffer from Bonnie withdrawal.LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who hasn't already got all their Christmas decorations up. I must admit that my Thanksgiving stuff is still out. Maybe this week sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Carolina Christmas quilt has been a long-time favorite of mine since I first saw it in your Scraps & Shirttails II book (and it's nicely autographed, too - Thanks!) - just gorgeous. With the confidence I've gained so far with this Mystery Quilt, I think I'll give it a shot (once we're finished with this one, of course - don't think I could handle two of these piece-happy quilts at the same time ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your bedroom has a real Christmas feel to it now! thanks again and again for a fabulous mystery, it is the first for me and I am thoroughly enjoying myself. I have to have self control because I have step one on my ironing board 'looking' at me but I must work on my customers quilts first!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous8:23 PM EST

    This is my first mystery quilt and was just recently introduced to Quiltville and Bonnie Hunter by a fellow quilter. And I must say I am excited to get started. I am printing the patterns and I have material purchased for the Orca Bay Mystery. Just have to finish quilts for my grandsons first.

    Bonnie your Christmas Quilt is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    Angela in Arkansas

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your Carolina Christmas quilt. I am going to give it a go in the new year. Thank you Bonnie, for all the patterns you so generously give. I have all three of your books and am waiting for your fourth!!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)