>>>>

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Smith Mountain Morning, Bedford Style!

20150828_140408
It was a beautiful day in Bedford, PA!
I forget how much further north I am than my home in North Carolina..it was a brisk 55 degrees yesterday morning as we stepped out the door to drive over the American Legion hall where our workshops are being held this weekend.

I drove into town, feeling the cool of nearly-autumn on my skin – reveling in it.  Ahhhh!  Bliss!  I smiled at the low hanging foggy clouds clinging to the sides of the mountains to my right –this place also feels like home as it is nestled into a beautiful landscape.

When I arrived, there were 51 women unloading cars and hauling in machines and class supplies, eager to start the day!

 20150828_091153

Oh, it’s going to be a busy one!

20150828_103626

We were off, cutting and sewing in no time!

20150828_105425

Chains of progress!

20150828_105439

The laughter of friendship!

20150828_105652

A shout out to two sisters too far away to come!

Now here is a VERY odd fact for you to ponder – it has made me laugh all day!

Yesterday was my 34th wedding anniversary.  And here I am in Pennsylvania.  It’s not an odd occurrence that I would be working on this day – most people who are still of working age find themselves working on birthdays or anniversaries – the world doesn’t stop to mark such occasions,  and instead we re-arrange our calendars and choose a different day to celebrate to make up for it.  That’s how life is.  The Hubster had to work yesterday as well, his job doesn’t change because of birthdays or anniversaries --

There were FOUR of us in class yesterday celebrating our wedding anniversaries in the company of a room of quilters –can you tell where our priorities lie?? Hahaha!  We were in good company!

20150828_152431

They helped me celebrate!

20150828_152631

Thank you for the fabulous day, ladies!

20150828_152751

Fabulous blocks from wonderful folks!

The pattern for Smith Mountain Morning is from my book Scraps & Shirttails II. Signed copies can be found in Quiltville's Store.

Click the image below if you are unable to view the slide show on your mobile device.  You’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing.

Smith Mountain Morning, Bedford PA 2015



And today we get to do it all again with a Talkin’ Turkey workshop!

Let the string piecing fun begin!

Have a wonderful Saturday, everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

14 comments:

  1. Whoo Hoo! Will get my Smith Mountain Morning out to work on today! Can't wait to see the different color ways for Talkin' Turkey--still trying to decide what I want to do when you head this way in December/January. Have a great time in PA, your home away from home. Happiest of Anniversaries to you and your Hubster too! Hugs, Allison in Plano

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wished I could have been there this year! I see my spot is open! Miss seeing my quilty friends this year. Have fun!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary, great workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:37 AM EDT

    Wonderful fun. Love Smith Mountain Morning. Great quilters. Thank you Bonnie and Mary Koval. Mary's Quilt Shop is a must stop and then head over toBedford Candies and treat yourself to some delights. Happy Quilting, Mary D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some lovely blocks taking shape, I Spy some great scraps. Glad all you Wedding Anniversary ladies celebrated together so happily.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary to you and the hubster! It is not always proximity but love that quilts our hearts together and so be it with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed the announcement from Mary this year, but I hope that you'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got my Smith mountain out last week. It has been ready for the borders for about 2 years, but I couldn't decide if it was big enough. I decided to add 2 more rows so it will be king size. Luckily, since I was unsure, I kept the scraps that I was working with together, so it won't be too hard to add to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary to you and the Hubster. I think it is great that we can and do do this. I go to a retreat each fall and my anniversary is always during the retreat but that is okay because for many years DH was gone hunting during our anniversary! Enjoy your workshops!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun! Great work ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bonnie -- this is too weird!!!! We share the same birthday, January 23. And my wedding anniversary is August 26. We wanted to get married on the 28th but that year it would have been on a Tuesday, so we just backed it up to a Sunday afternoon. Enjoy your workshops and the cool Pennsylvania mornings -- we are still simmering here in Texas which is a good excuse to stay in and sew.
    jfinch at kingwoodcable dot net

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, my,yesterday was my 44th anniversary, and I spent the evening at a quilt shop for a class that met from 6p.m. to midnight! It was almost like a mini retreat. My birthday is January 24th, so we are close in that regard, too. I guess my quilt addiction is destiny.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bonnie, I really enjoyed this workshop! I learned a lot about piecing and much more. Thank you for being who you are and sharing so much of yourself with all of us! Hope to see you in another workshop someday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jackie Celestine7:02 PM EDT

    I had a great time at the workshops in Bedford! I learned a lot, thank you, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)