>>>>

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Garden Party, Vegas Style!

20150814_125910
Hello from three girls – All named BONNIE!

This may happen a lot to those of you who are Kathy or Mary or Susan or Michelle, but believe me….three BONNIES in one place is a force to be reckoned with!

I am so enjoying these gals!  And having the reaction when someone says “Hey Bonnie!” and we all turn our heads and say “WHAT?!” in unison…..I get it!  I get what it’s like to be a Cheryl or an Ann or a Theresa!

It’s fun really!

Yesterday was my workshop day here in Vegas at a retreat put on by Debbie Caffery and Charlotte Angotti of “Two Friends and a Quilt Retreat!” and so happy to be the third friend added to the mix.  What a fun time!  And what a great hotel/convention center!

 20150814_140605

Our room is HUGE!!  Group A Says Hey!

We fit all 75 ladies in here with room to spare!

((And the a/c is working just fine!))

20150814_140646

Everything is PERFECT!! Group B showing their stuff!

And we have two days left!

20150814_140722

Group C is not to be beat!

20150814_114215

Our project..Garden Party!

The pattern for Garden Party is found in the May/June 2015 issue of Quiltmaker Magazine -- it's the cover quilt!

20150814_164332

Blocks coming together already!  FABULOUS!

20150814_130751

Of course the most fun happens at the give away strip table!

20150814_151939

Shout outs to faraway friends happen too!

Click the image below if you are unable to view the slide show on your mobile device.  You’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing.

Garden Party, Las Vegas 2015



And since it is still early –and I’ve got 3 hours until class starts this morning, I’m off to catch a walk.

20150814_053657

Good Morning, from Vegas!

Happy Saturday, everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:24 AM EDT

    Great class Bonnie! Soo much fun!
    Becky John
    becajohn_50@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Vegas Bonnie. I wish I could have been at your retreat but health issues stopped that. It looks like we represented well. You had so many people..so great. We love you Bonnie. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm coming to the next Vegas party. ...ummmm... I mean quilting retreat. You're all having too much fun! Were machines supplied?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That issue of Quiltmaker is on my bedside table. I study it every night before sleep! It is the next one for me to start. Still finishing multiple other ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just watching QuiltCam from the archive this "hot afternoon" in Wyoming, and had to share a funny story. Earlier this week, a new smallish phone book was delivered to our front porch. I thought, "Yea, strip pieceing paper!!!!" I greedily opened it and was bummed to find this phone book had heavy shiny paper like in a magazine or brochure. Sooooo, the new phone book is going in the drawer, and I am stealing the older one, that has proper phone book pages, and taking it to my sewing room. No one will know! Shhhhhh! Don't tell! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. As another Bonnie I had to comment on your 3 Bonnies at retreat. For a while there were 3 Bonnies in my 40 member guild. For years I didn't even know there were other Bonnies in the world. Since the Internet I've "met" lots of them. Still, it isn't a common name, that's for sure. I've always enjoyed it and I know you do too. Power on Bonnies of the world.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)