>>>>

Monday, August 03, 2015

Midnight Flight at Moonlight Stitching Studio!

IMG_6929
Oh my dear ladies, I miss you all already!

Today was our second workshop day at Moonlight Stitching Studio and Sisters Retreat –but these gals had been sewing away, some since Wednesday evening when the retreat first opened!

Their first two days they were taught by Jo Kramer and Kelli Hanken of Jo’s Country Junction while I taught another group down in Oelwein for THEIR first two days..and then on Saturday we teachers swapped locations!  I stayed with this group in West Union while Jo and Kelli headed down to Oelwein!  It has been the best retreat fun ever.

We’ve made lots of memories, chalked up loads of giggles and out right belly laughs, and even sang and danced to the music along the way.

As much as we love the quilts, and the quilting is what brought us together – retreats like this turn out to be more about the PEOPLE and less about the fabric…and we will carry a bit of each other back to our homes, hoping that our paths will cross again down that quilty road.

 20150802_085144

West Union this morning about 8:45am!

Look at that Iowa Blue Sky!

20150802_152530

Blocks!

Mary from Canada is so thrilled, can you tell??

20150802_152927

More Blocks!  Loretta from Nebraska!

20150802_152239

Blocks!  Val from Minneapolis area!

((And Kayla photo bombing in the background!))

20150802_152815

Deb’s in Oranges and reds and brows and golds…awesome!

20150802_103625

Loads of fun stripping four patches!

20150802_103652

Just call us the West Union Strippers!

You'll find the pattern for Midnight Flight in my book MORE Adventures with Leaders & Enders.  Signed copies are available on my website HERE.

Click the image below if you are unable to view the slide show on your mobile device.  You’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing.

Midnight Flight, West Union IA 2015


I’m off to the airport this morning – Cedar Rapids to Minneapolis to Denver – arriving in Denver around 3:30pm.

I’ve had a great time, Iowa!  Hopefully we will all meet again!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

9 comments:

  1. I just saw your post and you are arriving in Denver by now. I'm up reading Blogs because I took too long of a Sunday Nap! Glad you could have so much Retreat FUN. I am planning to be with you in a Retreat in 2017 with the Washington Quiltville Fans. That's still 2 years away. I wonder which project we'will be working on? Probably something from your book that comes out between now and then. Give the QM gals a big hug for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a safe flight. The weather has been wonderful around here (I'm just north of Denver), but hot. Much dryer than you are use to, but I know I'm loving my AC right now. Enjoy your trip to our beautiful state. I love downtown Golden and it's historic charms. I know that there is a gluten free bakery downtown too, 5 Star on 12th street. We had lunch there last time I went to the quilt museum. Enjoy your stay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had so much fun in your workshops this week and learned new things, too. So thankful I was able to get in! Bonus was being able to spend time with my family, too. Thank you, Bonnie, for all that you do for quilters and for just being who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see Mary got there from Canada. I remember her fondly from the collaboration in Winston Salem and her HUGE scissors! Love the sweet, familiar face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to scroll through my bog feed and see your post! Especially seeing my friend from California in your workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're going to MN in October and I looked up Olewein. 120miles from Rochester. So while my daughter slaves away, we're going on a little road trip. I want to drive the Trail of Quilt Barns. Both towns look charming. Read that there might be a repeat of the retreat in 2017.Love Iowa and can't wait to drive the rolling hills and back roads.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a question about the tumblers project. Some of my neutrals have a light tan background, can I mix in some of the grayish neutrals? I've never done this type of quilt and unsure . Thanks for all the tips and patterns. Sjtaylor.ok@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was at the retreat and we had a great time. Even tho I wasn't feeling great. The fun we had was!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous blocks iT sure does not look easy. Just awesome.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)