>>>>

Saturday, August 01, 2015

A Sneak Peek at Lou Ann’s Quilt Garden!

20150729_161757
Have you ever had a dream of owning your own retreat center?

There are ALL KINDS of different retreat situations out there, and this week I have come across not only one, but TWO places that have brought life back to small quaint towns, turning older neglected buildings ((But still with oodles of character!)) into gems, bringing folks into town ---you know how commerce works?  Bring people in and they need a place to stay!  They have to buy gas, food, lodging, and of course, they shop!

These small sweet towns are PERFECT retreat getaways..

And I absolutely loved my time at Lou Ann’s Quilt Garden and retreat in Oelwein, Iowa.

Favorite thing right off the bat?  Originial wood floors and rustic old brick walls.  The feeling of HISTORY updated.

 20150729_162037

And yummy goodies everywhere!

The shop is on one side of the building, the retreat center next door….with the work room for all of the sewing on the ground floor, and the sleeping quarters housed in converted apartment buildings above.  CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!

20150729_155155

So much wonderfulness!

20150729_155552

These stairs lead to the sleeping rooms!

20150729_155315

Comfy beds all with quilts!

20150729_160539

I’ll take this one, please!

20150729_160321

Wonderfully remodeled!

I don’t remember how many apartments are above the shop, but I think it is 5…each one with a bedroom, living room, dining room and kitchen…with all of the room spaces housing beds for quilters.

The kitchens retain all of the vintage charm of this building that has been standing here in Oelwein since the late 1800s.

20150729_155831

How cute is this??

I went room to room to room and took photos….and this post is going to get too long quickly, so let’s slide show the rest!  It’s a fabulous place to stay!

Click the image below if you are unable to view the slide show on your mobile device.  You’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing.

Lou Ann's Quilt Garden Retreat Center




If you are ever in or near Oelwein, Iowa – consider stopping in and checking out Lou Ann’s Quilt Garden and Retreat Center for yourself…and maybe you’ll find yourself booking YOUR next retreat there!  As for me, I’ll be back in 2017 when we do this all over again!  I already can’t wait!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh that is awesome! I think it would be so neat to move to a tiny town with an almost deserted downtown and buy old buildings to turn into a quilt shop, classroom space, and sleeping areas. Maybe I should visit these places and get inspiration......thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That place is amazing.I just love it. It was good to see that they kept the original fixtures when so many people want modern, i love the charm of this retreat centre. One day when I save enough money hubby and I will travel to the States.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would have trouble leaving! It looks like a perfect place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to RENT a place there... you bet, move in and enjoy everything about this wonderful place. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

    Smilies, JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:01 AM EDT

    I will be there this coming week for a retreat. Someday I will get to one of yours. It is on my bucket list. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:07 PM EDT

    I love the picture of the red kitchen. What a wonderful place for a quilter's retreat!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)