>>>>

Saturday, August 08, 2015

Lights! Camera! Action!

20150805_081847
I only took a few photos of my set up on the Quiltmaker Magazine set.

There just wasn’t time for much else –we filmed 3 segments for each of the 2 days that I was in Golden.

The crew was AMAZING!

They knew how nervous I was, and they did everything they could to break the ice, calm my butterflies and make it fun.

There were many many re-takes! 

The hardest part for me was talking to a camera, not having people's reaction in front of me, and tripping over my own words.

My brain was saying one thing…my mouth was saying another!  How does that happen??

20150805_081909

The view from behind the camera!

I will be posting the details on when this video course will be released.  It’s got to go through production, but we are hoping things will be ready to go in the fall.  October-November time frame.

My course will be running on Craft U!  Give the link a look-see and see what else is being offered.

You will find many of  the industry’s top authors and designers offering courses that will be right up your alley.

gudrun1

My friend Gudrun Erla is presenting a course on her Stripology Ruler.  You can enroll in her workshop now!  The course runs for 6 weeks from August 31st to October 12th.  Click HERE for more info!

patricklose

Quilt Binding Basics with Patrick Lose!

Take an awesome online course with Patrick Lose showing you several different ways to bind that quilt!  Great for beginners, intermediates, and advanced quilters of all skill levels.  This course runs August 31 –Oct 10th!  You can read more HERE.

20150805_081922

Taping my course—Scrap Quilting with Bonnie Hunter!

My course will also run for 6 weeks with 6 different lessons!  These are all based on quilts made with blocks from my Addicted to Scraps column with Quiltmaker Magazine.  After we have determined the dates the course will run, I will post more info!

The great thing about courses with Craft University?  You simply download your course videos to your computer and they are YOURS.  You own them, just like you own a book.  And you don’t have to be connected to the internet to watch them again and again and again.  They are yours to keep once you download them to your computer.

Courses are only available for a limited time, so you will want to sign up when registration opens ((I will let you know when that is and I will have a coupon for you!)) and you have 30 days from the END of the workshop series to access the online content and make sure that you have saved the videos for future use.

I’m very excited about this course being available globally to all of my readers!

20150805_083147

Oh yes, it was THIS MUCH FUN!



And it was awesome spending a couple of days hanging out with Carolyn Beam from Quiltmaker!

20150807_214605-1

Cabin Binding Stitching!

We made it up to the cabin just before dinner time.  I’m here for the weekend and I’m looking forward to spending a lot of time with my sewing machine over the next couple of days.

I have just a bit left to go on the last side of the binding for Lozenges, and then I just need to stitch the hanging sleeve down.  DONE DONE DONE!  It will be done this weekend.

20150808_074515-1

Foggy on the mountain!

Sadie and I have already had our 3 mile walk this morning.  We are breakfasted, ready for the shower and down to the machines we go!

Oh, and Mona is coming over to sew, too!  It’s been a long time since we have been here together and it will be great to sew and chat with a friend.

Have a terrific Saturday, everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

16 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to your class. Hope you and Mona have a wonderful time sewing together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than a job well done ending with a relaxing week-end at the cabin. Bonus to have a Quilting buddy to stitch with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great weekend Bonnie. Time to relax in the beautiful mountains with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just went to craft u to check it out. A lot of great courses starting at $20 so while a few were pricey most very affordable and if you compare to a 6 week course in a quilt store, very comparable.
    Good luck with your newest venture Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so looking forward to the classes on Craft U and I love that once they are downloaded I can watch them without being connected to the internet. That is going to be so great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOooohhh...too bad they made you use a plastic machine for your segment!! :-( BUT, you look marvelous, simply marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can we get a quilt cam in the next couple days? I finished my wild and goosed quilt and asked myself "what would Bonnie do? Now I am putting a checkered border with the other borders already attached. Looks like you've been having fun! Any never additions to the family?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you enjoy your weekend and glad you have the taping behind you! Looking forward to seeing your class on Craft U AND a discount or many of us wouldn't be able to buy it.

    I have a question. If it has been asked and answered before I am sorry. When you use the pages from telephone books, how old should the books be. I have two projects STARTED and don't want to tear any pages out of other books if not old enough. The one I am using I think is 2011, so that's 4 years. Thanking you in advance---and "thanks for all you do"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing but excitement in your post! Excited to hear about Craft U.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to Tuesday for Quilt Cam
    Quiltnrobin@nwi.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can we have a Quilt Cam and you can tell us all about your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is for LoAnn Trowbridge.
    Hi I have used pages from a phone book that was 1 years lig before
    when I made scrap blocks from one of Bonnie's free Patterson. It worked perfect. Hope this helps.
    Happy Quilting , Yoka B

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome that we could download the classes on the computer.
    Looking forward to The magazine.
    Happy quilting,
    Yoka B

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm puzzed by the comment about the age of a phone book. The only drawbacks to using a newish one is (1) you might need the information and (2) the ink might smear.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad for you that this class is behind you and you're home with your projects and sewing machine. I miss them so much when I'm too busy to just recreation sew!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)