>>>>

Friday, August 16, 2013

With Hexie Love from Grit in Germany!


I received a lovely email from Grit telling me about her current hexie project – I’d posted about her previous Easy Street photos in the snow….REMEMBER?

And now she has fallen head first into hexie crazy!

She writes:

Hi Bonnie,


my name is Grit from Germany,


I sewed your Easy Street in blue/red/white. You showed this quilt on your Facebook page.

I know you love hexagons. Please look on my blog Grit`s Life http://gritslife1.blogspot.com/2013/08/13500-hexagons.html


I posted my actually hexagon project  "La Passion".


Now I sewed 13500 hexagons size 1/2 inch. Just 3500 to finish my quilt.


I would be happy about your answer,when you take a look.

Sorry for my English, I hope you understand.

Greetings from Germany, Grit

DSCN8193
 
The couple of photos I am showing here are courtesy of Grit’s blog…click the link above to go see the rest and read her story!

You can click the "translate" option at the top of the blog to read the post in English instead of German.

Isn't this spectacular?
 
Thank you Grit for Sharing!
 
As for me….I am on a plane to Seattle via Atlanta today!  I hope to have enough connectivity on this trip that I can post updates now and then.  I ran out of time to write posts ahead –but I will do what I can!

Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!





24 comments:

  1. Wow!! That is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing her quilt with us. That is some great inspiration to get started on my hexie project - I keep seeing it in my head. Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm--I am speechless!!! or in awe or something! I want to meet this woman! 1/2 inch--my personal favorite size next to one inch! ok--I gotta go read about her ...I just dont know what to say--thanks for passing along the info! *~*CAROLE*~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's beautiful and amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! I cannot even imagine attempting this project. I also visited Grit's blog and am now following. Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been following Grit for months now. It has been amazing to follow the progress on her hexies. For you dog lovers, she has to beautiful white dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow I'm impressed and in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No language barrier here WOW!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous ... I may need to rethink my reluctance to make hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many thanks for show my "La Passion".
    Hugs Grit

    ReplyDelete
  10. This quilt is so amazing; thank you for sharing it. Grit, your english is fine - I hope you'll continue to share your quilts and knowledge with the quilt world.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How do you say HOLY COW in German?! This is AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing says it all and I love the colours they look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful quilt in gorgeous colors. Way to go Grit!!!
    Smiles
    JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  14. Incredible Grit! Of course, these are my favorite colors so that helps! What a beauty - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I found Grit's blog some months ago. She is so talented. She tempted me, and other quilters, to start La Passion. She will make a blogpost to present us all in September. You can find my La Passion on the side bar of my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been following and think I am going to try! Eeeeeeeeek! I have never done hexis but hey if your gonna do it...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Picking my jaw up off of the floor..... lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I saw this on line a few months ago and printed it for inspiration. Too beautiful for words. Fantastic job Grit!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This has to be the most beautiful and visually stunning hexie quilt I have ever seen. Absolutely fabulous!!
    Thanks for sharing Grit, you are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing, simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. nice post here
    i also love your style of blogging here on quiltville.blogspot.com :)
    you see, there are 2 blogs that i've found so far to be very helpful and have something interesting for me whenever i visit, this one and http://danieluyi.com
    Keep it up. I will be visiting again.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)