>>>>

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Tumelo Trails in Hershey!

Someone somewhere chose the right class for the right day!

I had several ladies for ALL classes Thursday, Friday & Saturday – that’s THREE BIG QUILTS started in one weekend….oy!

Can you imagine the cutting! My hats off to them…..and I can understand why by the third day we were all moving just a bit slower….LOL!!

Yesterday was just a sew at your own pace day ----we made 9 patches in the morning. We did half square triangles and started putting blocks together by afternoon…no rush, no worries…just sew up that fabric! The blocks were turning out so good in all the various color ways they chose to be working with.

I don’t know about you --- but I love seeing students get all comfortable within their own corners of organized chaos! Do you see all the various 9 patch parts just waiting to be mixed, matched, and assembeled on this table? Whooowhooo! This makes me want to sit down and sew for myself!

Yes – they came with scraps all neatly organized, but within a very short span of time we had strip explosions:

PA_July2012 406

Oh goodness! I think even those BIG HONKING HUGE SCISSORS would get lost in these piles!

PA_July2012 407

Uhuh! Will she be able to fit all this back into that bag? They’ve FLUFFED to twice their original size!

Sometimes simple blocks are just the ticket after two previous days of power sewing and late night girlfriend time ---and we’ve got lots to show for our day yesterday!

Today? Another Smith Mountain Morning Workshop!

For those asking, Smith Mountain Morning is found in Scraps & Shirttails II and can be ordered by clicking the book cover found in the left side bar <-------

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

15 comments:

  1. I so love your slide shows ... click through them once and go back and click through more slowly ~ appreciating the fabric selections and combinations that result. What fun!! I am inspired ... but having just moved I am still shoveling my way through the household stuff to get settled. My "reward"? An organized quilt room and endless time to sew! YAHOO!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do I find a pattern for Tumelo Trails?

    Fuzzy9291@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tumalo Trail is also in Scraps & Shirttails II, on page 28...

      Delete
  3. Where do I find a pattern for Tumelo Trails?

    Fuzzy9291@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:25 AM EDT

    lOVE THE BLOCK AND-OOPS-CAPS LOCK IS ON! This one looks like one I should put on my tub list (a bucket is too small to hold all my "to do's") Like trying to find fabrics that I recognize in the photos! Thanks for the love and devotion you show to your blog! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had SUCH a great time this weekend. You are a great teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just returned home from Hershey. The "Green Shirts" had a blast and can"t wait to sew with you next year. Thanks Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just fantastic! Thanks for sharing all the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also love the slide shows with the variations in colorways and fabric choices. So inspiring! And I dug out all four of your books yesterday, found Tumelo Trails, which is now on my 'to do' list and also found Bow-Dacious. OMG!! Love that quilt and pulled out my 1 1/2" strip scrap bin and started that as a leader/ender yesterday whilst completing another project. Feeling very inspired thanks to you Bonnie Hunter! AND BTW, I've forwarded your blog URL to a visitor to our B&B who wants to get back into quilting after a divorce. So I expect you will have another fan in short order. Thanks again for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your slide shows, everyone looks like they are having fun, and I notice some are SO busy they can't take time to wave! I would really love to take another class from you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tina in NJ2:57 PM EDT

    I'm with Marcia: Where's the pattern for Tumelo Trails? Lovely pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here is another Bonnie quilt to put on my to-do list. Looks like a great leader/ender project.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love every single one of the photos! I want to make each of the different variations: the 30s, the Christmas, the pastels..... Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous12:37 PM EDT

    I have this book and can't find the pattern, is it called something else in the book & what page can I find it on. Anyone who can answer my questions I will greatly appreciate it.

    Thanks
    Judy

    judyquiltz@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tumalo Trail is on pg 28 of Scraps & Shirttails II

      Delete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)