>>>>

Friday, July 27, 2012

Evening Edition! When Size Matters!


When a student pulled out her HUGE dress shears today we all had a HUGE laugh!

I swear--- I’d thought I’d seen big scissors before, but this pair is GINORMOUS!

In her own defense she said ---
“But I never ever lose them! They are too big to get buried!”

Not only are they huge, but they are heavy!

Do not drop these on your toes!

We had to put them up next to some “regular” scissors, albeit small ones --- just to show you the size comparison --- take in to note the lines on the ruler, these are about 11” inches long.

And did I mention they are HEAVY!??

PA_July2012 356

Today’s lunch lecture was a hoot --- the cord kept falling out of the microphone…..The holders I had were volunteers from the house staff…..there was a lot of moving around on stage to get the 250 or so people in the audience a good view of the quilts ---it got funnier and funnier – it’s good that no one fell off the stage!

I got this shot of everyone before I went up on stage….does this make me nervous? Absolutely!

PA_July2012 370

This was only part of the crowd, just the part I could fit within the screen on my camera!

Blogger still won’t let me do iphone-o-grams. Not sure who/how to contact who I need to. Picasa must have a department that deals with this? I’m frustrated ----like my hands are tied behind my back. It’s not always convenient to wait for a laptop to make an update ---AUUGHH!

It’s not the end of the world, but I sure miss little updates here and there!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:04 PM EDT

    We miss them too! Hope they figure something out soon! :) Nell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are seriously scary dress shears, and perhaps belong in a murder mystery???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never, ever seen anything like it!!! hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look like those scissors used at ribbon cutting ceremonies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are pretty big. LOL

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)