>>>>

Sunday, July 01, 2012

iPhone-o-Gram! Show Shoppin'!!

It's 3pm and the show is closing.

The last of the busses are loading up--quilters with bags and totes and arms full of treasured purchases are sure to be having bus show-and-tell all the
way home to wherever home is.

I've had such a good time visiting with friends who have booths, work in booths or student-friends who stopped to chat and say hello and goodbye.

Dover booksellers has sold out of all my books! I stopped to thank them for carrying them.

There was something I would have bought if I had a car---the show boutique had an electric Wilcox ang Gibbs chain stitch machine for $100.00. I thought of you, Diane in TN!! But they wouldn't ship and my luggage is already at weight limits.

I found the Hmong appliqué folks--remember I fell in love with on of their turtle pincushions at the Somersu Quilt Show in May? I just am so in awe of this work that I found a wallet I needed to have.

Take a look at the eensie prairie points!! Oooohhhhh---and yes, that is an hour glass unit about the size I'd 1/4 my fingernail!!

It's got all kinds of sections and pockets inside and I'm so happy to have found it.

I've hotfoot an hour to kill before I can pick up Pineapple Crazy--so several of us are hanging out at the picnic tables in the shady area outside of the expo center. Feels good to sit and visit!

Vendors are tearing down---another Vermont Quilt Festival has come to a close---it's been so very very memorable!

See you again in 2015, Vermont!

.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for gracing New England with your cheery presence. I'm looking forward to 2015 but I hope that you have plans for better accommodations then, rather than the little cell on campus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that wallet is amazing. I've seen that sewing machine on ebay in the past week or so. I don't think it has sold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:50 PM EDT

    Omigosh! That's a great price for a W&G! Darn - I would have snapped it up in a minute. :) Diane in TN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible little pieces in that wallet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be careful with that wallet...someone might be eyeing it not for what's inside! Sandi

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)