>>>>

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A little Needlin’ at Needles!

If you happen to pass through Wellsboro, PA – chances are that you will pass by on Main Street.

If you find yourself on Main Street --- you can’t miss seeing Needles Quilt Shop right there sandwiched between other historic buildings on the beautifully groomed avenue.

After setting up for last night’s trunk show ---three of us took a 5 block walk down the main street from the Cultural Center where the meeting was being held, toward the restaurant where we were having dinner.

We had about 15 minutes to spare – so we thought we’d drop into Needles and say hello!

PA_July2012 199

These two lovely ladies were so very welcoming! Mary is on the right --- and on the left, Tracy!

PA_July2012 196

No, this is not fabric – this is the wonderful tiled ceiling!

Needles is in a lovely old building…with tall, wonderful brick walls. My eyes did go immediately to the ceiling, I just can’t help myself.

PA_July2012 197

Yes there are lots of hanging samples! Yes there are batiks!

PA_July2012 198

There are beautiful samples hanging everywhere, and reproductions to whet your appetite!

PA_July2012 205

There was even a nice selection of 50% off fabrics…..and yes, I did indulge! Remember, Neutrals are ALWAYS a legal purchase! They are my staple, my mainstay!

I go through more neutrals than anything else. They are the bread to my peanut butter ---the tortilla to my taco. Something like that! Whatever it is, they hold everything else together for me!

My time in Wellsboro is nearly over. Today’s class is done. Tonight I’ve got dinner out with the guild ladies, and my last evening at Falling Stars Farm. Will I sew? Maybe. Will I sit on the veranda and watch the sun go down and just enjoy the quiet and read? Maybe.

Wednesday finds me on the road to HERSHEY which will be a whole nuther kind of chaos ----the biggest question on my mind? How to teach an all day workshop on Friday –along with a lecture/trunkshow luncheon on the same day ---HOW will I get the trunk show set up and all the books where they need to be so it’s ready for the 12:15pm show….and will I get packed up and be done and back where I need to be when class resumes?

If there was ever a time I wished for a clone --- this is it!

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:45 PM EDT

    I hope you bought some pink fabric too. I think pink will be flying through your sewing machine soon.
    Sandra K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:02 AM EDT

      My eyes went immediately to the small pink print. LOL Suzanne in Maine

      Delete
  2. Anonymous6:05 PM EDT

    Bonnie, there will be a line of women waiting to help you, just ask. We love to help one of our favorite teachers ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:29 PM EDT

    Quilters are born helpers. Betya a few ladies would be HONORED that you asked them to do something for you!!! Make their day and get the job done too? Sounds good to me.

    And NEEDLES looks like my kind of quilt shop - homey. Have to keep that one in my go-to book.

    Smilies
    JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice quilt store, love that ceiling, wonder if anyone has ever hand quilted that design?

    My grandparents used to live in Punxsutawney PA, I sat sit on the porch watch the sun set, watch the wildlife, we used to watch the deer, Im a city girl, then when the sun goes down, SEW!!

    I remember when we visited Hershey, I had plans to jump in a VAT of chocolate, but the strong chocolate aroma in the air satisfied my craving, I had 3 Hershey kisses you get after the simulated tour and one small piece of fudge. I wish I were with ya, I would even do the hauling and set up for ya!! Have fun! Im sure you can get some volunteers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So waht was the cost of the fabric? how much was the sale???? we might want to place an order you took such good photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I were nearby, I'd be happy to help. If you need help in Williamsburg, let me know... trying arrange to drive up on wednesday to relax a bit first

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:33 PM EDT

    Hi Bonnie, I will be at the show on Thursday and your lecture on Friday. In addition, my 26 yr old son who quilts will also be with me:-)so if you need help please email me at quiltmagic4@aol.com Look forward to hearing from you:-) Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. My sister and I love "Needles"! She has a "weekend" farm in Potter County and we often go up for mini-retreats at her house. We make it a point to stop in Wellsboro at the quilt shop. The ladies there are so helpful and so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! I thought that ceiling was quilting on a whole cloth quilt! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:47 PM EDT

    What a neat store and I love the ceiling! There are great designs on the ceilings of old buildings, I always look at them and of course I take pictures.

    So I wonder how many yards of fabric you bought per bolt??? Sometime tell us your recommendation.

    Barby in MH, ARK

    ReplyDelete
  11. janice dinse12:13 AM EDT

    I have a killer table to show you, is there an email that i send it to you? I just HAVE to show it to you!
    Janice Dinse
    jandinse720@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous8:08 AM EDT

    Bonnie, loved the pic of the pattern tin ceiling squares. It brought back memories of the ceiling in my grandparents coffee shop in our small west Texas community. Can't wait for your Hersey pic. We travel thru that corner of the USA on our way to and from Florida. Suzanne in Maine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Next time you need to come through the Gettysburg and/or Chambersburg area!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)