>>>>

Monday, July 16, 2012

From The Mail Room!

I’m Home!

I’ve even had a nap. MUCH NEEDED!

Now I’m sitting in my basement with a stack of mail to go through and book orders to start filling tomorrow after I’ve had a good night’s sleep!

There are a couple of things to go over.

I know everyone is anxious and excited about their books, as I am – believe me! I want them out to you as quickly as is possible.

I have received several mails asking if their book has shipped and when they could expect it. I feel your waiting-pains!

I want to take this time to reiterate that anything that has gone out prior to TOMORROW is an EARLY DELIVERY.

When we started taking pre-orders I originally expected delivery Mid-July to Early August --- and stated so on the book order page and in the posts announcing the book release.

In the mean time, the books showed up the DAY before I left for Vermont Quilt Festival the end of June, a bit over 2 weeks early. I got out a batch that night, and we mailed them. I came home from Vermont and filled book orders Monday Night, and Tuesday, mailing those..and on Wednesday the 4th of July, I left for my family reunion in Idaho.

Yes, many have received their books but there are many more waiting. We are RIGHT ON TIME with the expected delivery dates of all the others that are still waiting.

I am home tomorrow and Wednesday to get out as many as I can. My next trip on Thursday to Pennsylvania is a driving trip, so my mobile office will be going with me and I will likely be filling and mailing book orders from all across the state of Pennsylvania, working on them in the evenings after my classes as time allows.

After the Hershey Show, I head to Williamsburg for the Quiltmaker Block Party! I will arrive a day or so early, because it’s not worth the extra driving time to go all the way home and turn around the next day to drive BACK to Williamsburg—so I will be filling book orders and mailing them from Historic Williamsburg as well!

I drive home from Williamsburg on August 4th. I don’t leave for Bali until August 20th. We WILL BE CAUGHT UP completely by early August!

And that is how things are running around here.

So please give me some time to get these orders out in the order that they were received. Before I leave for PA on Thursday, I’ll post the last invoice number that was filled along with the date the order was placed. That should help you find out where in the queue you are because I won’t have all my records with me when traveling, I’ll be unable to look up each and every order for those who want to know where in line they are.

When I get back home after Williamsburg I’ll be able to give an update on where we are invoice number wise as well.

If you sent in a snail mail order with a check – it takes 2 weeks for check orders to clear, and there is no invoice number to track those, so just be watching your own bank for your check to clear.

And on we go!

Now there is one thing I have to do, hate to do, but must do.

Each and every book out there can have errors in printing.

A couple of small ones have been brought to my attention in the past week or so and I want to make you aware of them.

At any time, if you think something is not right…please check the ERRATA TAB at the top of the blog. I will be listing known errors there.

Before emailing me to ask me a question about something, please check the tab first to see if it is already listed. If not, I welcome emails because there might be something that others need to know about that we may have missed.

Admitting errors is like hanging your undies out to dry for everyone to see in public.

Be gentle with me, I take it very personally!

Just know that things happen even with a team of 8 or more people working on a book.

One of the errors in String Fling is the numbers being scrambled on the paper foundation for Pineapple Crazy. I have no idea how that could have happened because it wasn’t that way before, but weird things happen.

So check the Errata Tab, print it, keep it with your books, and let me know if I need to add something to it.

All errors will be corrected in subsequent printings.

27 comments:

  1. Wow Bonnie, you schedule makes me feel tired. Your book sure has been popular. I can feel your pain regarding the printing errors. Please don't take it personally. Errata's pages are just for that purpose and every book ever printed has errors.

    Keep smiling and thanks for sharing.
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie I truly appreciate the time and attention you put in your projects,books etc. ...all while doing so many things!
    Everyone who is a cranky pants while waiting__hang in there the gal is doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bigs hugs coming your way Bonnie..... everyone needs a little kick in the patience department now and then :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope you have a good sleep in your own bed tonight :0).

    It's a book people lighten up :0)

    Happy Sewing and welcome home..however briefly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please ignore the rude and impatient people in this world who only think about themselves. I think you do an awesome job, I look forward to reading your blog everyday, and hope someday to meet you and take one of your workshops. There is just no excuse for the bad manners of some - please be assured that your fans LOVE you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheila Hebert9:37 PM EDT

    Just so excited to be getting another Bonnie Hunter book. Take time for yourself. This too shall pass.
    Sheila from Texas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Breath......I love the picture of the baby, I think it fits the post very well. As I always told my kids when they were little take your patience out of your pocket and use it.
    Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm always amazed at the amount of stuff you can accomplish in any given day/week/month - so people who think that you could do MORE than you already do should try it themselves - most wouldn't be able to keep up your pace - ;))

    But I also think that everyone is SO ANXIOUS to get your newest book - that they just can't stand it!! To which I say - people, if you wanted the book sooner - you should have ordered it sooner. Bonnie is TWO WEEKS ahead of schedule already - give her a break!! ;))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Once again, a post of your daily to-dos....and I'm exhausted reading it all! On more than one occasion, I have wondered 'WHEN does Bonnie have a time to create all these quilts in her books?!? She's ALWAYS bebopping here-there-everywhere."

    Welcome home! Enjoy YOUR bed tonight!

    You are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:07 PM EDT

    Well, I was afraid no one had told you that you are amazing with your positive attitude and the energy you have, but I see Amy told you! But I'll say it too...YOU are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Bonnie -- I'm so sorry that you came home to ugly impatient mail! All I can say is "ditto" to all the things that have been written previously to my comments. I hope you can find some time for yourself amid
    all the mailings while you're teaching and traveling! Maybe you could find another Ben & Jerry's?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you get some rest. I'm a fan, and love your blog. You work very hard and success is your reward.
    Please look at what is happening as an outcome of your success. You are an organization and a business (as well as a person) . Meanwhile after you get some distance, maybe the feedback can be viewed thru a business lens, and you can make some adjustments as a business to take care of the book mailings. These are business growing pains....and the emails are feedback about your book business policies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous1:18 AM EDT

    I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE PICTURE OF THE BABY!!!!HAHAHAHA "Momma said there'd be days like this, there'd be days like this, my momma said!!"

    Bonnie you are so fabulous, where do you find the time? And to all those impatient ninnies....try this on for size -- Bonnie K Hunter decides to never make another quilt, or post another blog post or write another book! She is just plum wore out! How ya like them apples!!! Life could be so much worse than having to WAIT A FEW DAYS for the book you ordered!! Just be patient, Bonnie has a life which is way busier than any of the rest of you people -- get a grip!
    I am down off my soap box now and wishing safe travels over the next weeks, your schedule is unbelievable...but wait, you are going to BALI!!! So excited for you.
    Be safe, my friend, do what you can, don't let it fret you and keep on stitching.
    Faye in Maine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bless your heart! Maybe you need to slow down a bit? I'm a nurse, and there came a time in my career that I became frustrated. Seemed like the patients were getting more demanding and harder to care for. Then I realized is was me. I needed to slow down and enjoy the nursing. I'm a much less frustrated nurse now. Maybe you need to slow down and enjoy the quilting. Your schedule is really demanding and one person can only do so much! Hugs! Get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  15. On a lighter note: That is the prettiest letterbox!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bonnie, I pre-ordered my String Fling and was OVER THE MOON when it arrived much earlier than expected!! With your busy schedule, I was shocked that you managed to mail a few orders before leaving on one of your many trips. I certainly didn't expect it, but I very much appreciated it!
    It seems that we live in a "I want it now" culture these days...but let me tell those people who are anxiously waiting for their copy to arrive.....BE PATIENT, STRING FLING IS WORTH THE WAIT!
    Have a Great Day Bonnie...and again, thank-you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bonnie - no worries. You are way ahead of schedule with getting books out already. I have no clue how you get so much done with all the travel you do! Enjoy sleeping in your own bed and safe travels to you next week. I agree with Faye in Maine - everyone needs to take a deep breath and let it out slowly. The books will arrive when they do, and just enjoy checking the mailbox each day until it arrives. It's like Christmas - the waiting is part of the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OK. A bunch of people have said it. You're amazing. You really are. When I get my quilting room in the next few months, I think I am going to make a "I want to Quilt like Bonnie" sign. OK, maybe that's a little too "stalker weird like", but seriously, I feel like I get a lot done, and I am impressed by your abilities.

    Shrug off the complainers. Unfortunately, they will always be around.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hmmmm....reminds me that I want to put in a book order. :))
    Breathe and remember, you're doing the best you can, you're ahead of schedule and not responsible for the impatience of others.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think you need an administrative assistant!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous10:07 AM EDT

    I know it is a hard thing to ask but please ignore all the cranky pants and impatient ones. They should be in your shoes with your schedule for just one day and then they will know what it is like. If they are that impatient tell them to come help.

    judy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Bonnie, you are only human. People need to understand that your doing all you can do! I appreciate the you that you share with us every day of your being.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous10:36 AM EDT

    GLORIANA! Anyone who does as much as you do Bonnie, deserves to enlist an army of Elfs to live in the basement!!!! Folks who have ordered have to remember, like Judy just said, YOU ARE ONLY HUMAN. Besides that, chill out folks!!! IT IS A BOOK! And Bonnie, being an honest woman, who get it to you asap! GEJIMY!

    Bonnie, just get a huge chilly Frappe, put on some James Taylor and cruise through what you have to do ... and remember Bonnie, ENJOY YOURSELF.

    HUGS JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  24. This blog brings to mind a rhyme that my hubby's grandma used to sing to us when we were impatient. It goes like this:

    Patience is a virtue,
    Possess it, if you can.
    It's often found in a woman,
    But never in a man.

    No offense is intended to the male gender, but it still serves as a reminder to be patient...we don't always know the whole situation.

    Bonnie shares so much of her life, and we should appreciate all that she does for her fans and friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The other day at work a little guy and his mother were being waited on at the register and the little one wanted to go do something else. His mother urged him to have patience and I asked if what "patience" was. The 3 year old looked me in the eye and said "a virtue"! :)

      Delete
  25. Anonymous8:00 PM EDT

    Bonnie I read you blog every day and pre-ordered your book, well I was amazed when it arrived this week in Australia. A lovely old lady gave me this quip hope it puts a smile on your face " Don't get out of your pram love I'll pick up your dummy"
    Have a great day and wish I was going to Bali with you

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for the update. I can only imagine what precluded it. I think sometimes folks expect you to be a factory instead of a person. Personally, I intend to write the corrections right in the book so they'll be recorded forever. A permanent reminder that publishing a book is hard work. Be well. Travel safely. Lane

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)