>>>>

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Smith Mountain Morning, Class 1!

We have Smith Mountain Morning twice this show --- yesterday – and coming up again on Sunday. The class sold out so fast, and had enough of a waiting list that they could fill it again, so we did!

I really have to thank the staff here at Quilt Odyssey --- with a crazy luncheon lecture & trunk show starting at 12:15pm after class lets out for lunch at 12pm ---I needed a way to get things set up before our morning class session even started, taking much of the stress of logistics off my plate.

I was met by my staff helpers at 8am at my classroom. we loaded the body bags of quilts onto a rolling cart, and she proceeded to pull that cart up the ramp and across the hotel to where the lecture luncheon was being held….I followed pushing a cart full of cases of books….huffing and puffing all the way. Nothing like getting your metabolism all ramped up first thing in the morning!

We got everything set up ready to go, and I returned to class to get down into the nitty gritty of specialty rulers and making stars and log cabin blocks.

PA_July2012 359

So much fabric, so much fun!

PA_July2012 362

Don’t these gals look like a fun bunch? They are!

We sewed and sewed and cut and laughed and stitched and unstitched and stitched some more!

Oh, and did I mention that we are supplied a bottomless basket of Hershey’s Kisses? And they refill it every night?! Oh Boy!

Take a look at these blocks – they are fabulous! So many wonderful color combinations ---makes me want to just chain myself to my machine and SEW!

Today is “Tumalo Trail” day! We’ll be doing more pedal to the metal sewing!

8 comments:

  1. I'm in class next door today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! And what a lot of work for you and your helper bees! Glad that all went well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful !!! This is going on my list of quilts to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like I'll have to add this quilt to my list of 'to dos'. Love all the colour combos. And having just been to Oregon, Tumalo Trails has way more meaning for me, having seen the road signs for Tumalo. I'll be watching for those photos. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is definately on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your slideshows! They always make me feel like I'm right there with you and all the gals, quilting up a storm! Thanks Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! Had to go dig out which book this pattern was in (Scraps and Shirttails II for anyone else who is wondering). Have to add it to my 'want to make' list after seeing all those gorgeous colourways :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this pattern in the brights and the batiks, such a different look from the original colors (which I also love a lot). That group looks like they were really having some fun!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)