>>>>

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Holy Time Zone Change, Batman!

I just slept until 10am.

I know that is only 7am West Coast Time, and that is right on normal for me, but this whole flight home fiasco kicked my butt! I NEVER sleep til 10am! All I can say is I must have needed it.

On my goodness. Time to kick it into gear over here!

I want to share some of the other antique quilts that we saw at sisters.

While each quilt is a work of art in itself, I really love seeing them displayed next to each other in groupings. They have three beds that you can feel free to take a quilt off the rack, and display it on the bed to see the quilt better, so while people are doing that, there is someone always folding and re-hanging and the displays of quilts on the racks are ever-changing – I wish I could have a slide show of just those quilts changing position!

The one above I took of what was BELOW the princess feather in yesterday’s post. I love the simple broken dishes with red and green sashing, and of course the hand quilting on the blazing star quilt was fantabulous.

oregon2012 137

How about this display!

Ocean Waves, Evening Star, Irish Chain, 9 patch with 9 patch cornerstones, hearts & gizzards and a really cool drunkards path with white alternate blocks…don’t the colors make your eyes dance?

oregon2012 138

I fell in love with this simple 49-patch block! The alternate block has ONE cornerstone in each corner, so it has more of a snowball appearance than a chain to me. Oceans of double pink! YUMMY! How would THIS quilt work as a leader ender project?

oregon2012 139

Baskets seemed to catch my eye wherever I sawe them! I love how the scraps play in this one!

oregon2012 140

The flag quilt was made from cigar silks! And that 9 patch below with more double pink….do you see the rounded corners? This would be another great leader/ender choice.

oregon2012 141

Which one catches YOUR eye first? The applique? Or the broken star above it?

I had an interesting conversation with a newer quilter who didn’t know that the “tan” leaves on the applique were once really dark green!

oregon2012 143

The colors in this tulip quilt rocked my socks. And look at that quilting!

oregon2012 144

Such patience in hand piecing these tiny triangles!

And that’s it for today! This girl has book orders to get OUT!

15 comments:

  1. They're all so wonderful and inspiring, but that last picture, the green and white quilt, really caught my eye. Looks like a variation of Birds in the Air. I can figure out the pattern construction on my own (and use leaders and enders), but does anyone know the name of that block? Thanks for sharing, Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness such beauty.

    I really must practice my hand quilting.

    Happy Sewing and safe travels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh they are all lovely! I seem to be attracted to the ones with the tiny tiny triangles!! LOL
    Bonnie, (or anyone else who wants to chime in) I know you are beyond busy but I wonder of you could tell me if it is possible to free motion quilt on a featherweight please?
    Long story about my expensive Pfaff needing to be replaced but I really can't afford another mistake purchase :/ & FW's are really expensive here in the UK.
    Many thanks
    Lush
    London, UK

    ReplyDelete
  4. The one that I would have wanted to bring home? The basket quilt. Don't know why that one spoke to me the loudest, but I heard it calling me! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you are home and sending out more books. I order mine just before you left. I am hoping you send it out and I can get it before Hershey. I was going to wait and get it at the show, but I thoughe if I ordered it I would get it sooner... So please mister post man, get me my book before I leave... See you at Odyssey, next weekend....All my strips are cut and I am itching to sew...
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quilts! Think my favorite is the red, white and blue Ocean waves...don't show it to my DH though! yikes....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did a double take on the last picture too. I love the two colors and the tiny triangles. I't so fun to know the names of these patterns! Just part of the fun of taking my Sister to the Sister's Show. I could name almost all of them. Now I am trying to label my pictures with the names too. Still kicking myself that I missed that Antique Quilt Booth. I think it is nice to sleep in- you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my keyboard. I like the older quilts. Love the machines on display!
    I don't know how you survive the rigors of traveling so much. I'd want to adopt every goodie I saw, esp the old machines. I hope you are able to have yours repaired or replaced soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cindy, The Purple Quilter1:16 PM EDT

    Thank you for all the beautiful quilt pics and for "taking" us to the Sisters Quilt Show!
    Listen to your body and sleep!!!! :) You most certainly deserve it!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, my faves would have to be the 9-patch with double pink background and the "tan" and red applique, in fact i think the tan/red combo is really nice, the tan gives the eye a resting place for the vibrant red....hmmm, maybe....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sigh... I LOVE them all. I want to make quilts like these. Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful pictures with those of us who can't go to see them in person. I am inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just spotted windmills inside that Birds in the Air variation, too. Cool! Now I'm going to have to draw up the design for sure--don't want to forget it. What to name it...? Flying Windmills, Bird in the Wind(mill), Wingmills, Windmills of My Mind? (oops! That's taken.) Wings in the Wind sounds nice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. What a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you get some rest! Thanks for all the lovely pictures. My eyes went to the broken dishes first.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sigh, such quilty goodness.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)