>>>>

Sunday, July 01, 2012

String Fling Winners–Come On Down!

It’s Sunday evening! The show is over, everyone has dispersed – there are just a few of us left with far enough to go that we are not leaving to catch our flights until the morning.

I almost FORGOT that we are drawing for winners this evening ----but I’m so excited to do so.

The response to String Fling at the show has been so positive and overwhelming! I want to get these names drawn so that I can get them bundled up and sent out with as many as can go out before I leave for Idaho ---

Sooooooo…Let’s do this, shall we?

We have 1,275 comments!!! This just blows me away!

Our First Winner ---- Debbie S!

She writes:

My strings are so excited about your book and how you have expanded our quilt knowledge to include them with their fellow distant relatives, the Blocks.

They have been just screaming to Fling themselves out of their drawer to play with the designs in your new book.....really they promised to behave and not multiply too quickly if they can see daylight and be in one of your new quilt patterns.

Cross their threads (their version of pinky swear).

My STRINGS and I thank you for the possibility of being able to win your book.

Congratulations,

Debbie

Our Second Winner is Lisa!

She writes:

Oh Bonnie I'd love to have a Fling with you (String Fling that is).

Congratulations on the new book, I'm sure it is fabulous, and I hope you sell lots and lots of copies.

Lisa

Congrats to Debbie and to Lisa! I’m sending them each an email to let them know they won. Please send me your snail mail addresses and I’ll get these into the queue waiting for me at home and get them mailed to you ASAP!

Thank you Thank you everyone for participating! I can’t believe the number of comments you left, and it is so nice to have so much support and excitement built up over this long awaited book!

For those wanting to order, you can click HERE to preview the quilts in the book, and then head over to my online book store to order.

To celebrate, my two Vermont Quilt Festival roomies and I headed into downtown Burlington to treat ourselves to a local Vermont Icon --- Ben & Jerry’s!

vermont2012 300

I do have my favorites, so on this beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon --- it had to be:

vermont2012 301

Chunky Monkey and Cherry Garcia!

Tomorrow Judy and I will make our way to the airport via a shared taxi – we warned them there were 6 bags between us luggage wise ---they said they could handle it no problem! ((Famous Last Words?!))

Peace, Love & Ice Cream, Y'all!

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Debbie S. & Lisa. If they've read the post they are jumping up & down in excitement right now. :) I still need to get mine ordered, procrastinator that I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to order the book on line but I was not able my pay pal was a acting up now I have order mail !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Cherry Garcia! Wish I had some now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new book is the best yet. Mine arrived yesterday and I encourage other to order quickly! Wish I had more scraps as I love all of the quilts in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:34 PM EDT

    Congrats ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello - I ordered the book in pre order... and I hope to receive it soon !!! I'm living in LA REUNION near Mauritius island in the indian ocean... I'll be so happy to see it !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was delighted to buy the book in person at your workshop class(saves shipping plus your discount) and I just love all the designs in it! There are so many that I want to make! Thank you for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie S was so clever with her comment. I know you enjoyed that treat! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to get my grimey-thread-covered hands on the book!

    Make sure you bring that Braum's card...I've been keeping them busy so they'll have fresh ice cream for your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:54 PM EDT

    Congrats to the winners. Just broke down and ordered the book. And since I fell off the "no buy wagon" I ordered Leaders & Enders also. Lovieball@att.net

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)