>>>>

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Lunch Time Edition! Just Us Crab Apples!

So I’m back in my room for a few ---

I had enough of my dinner left from last night out that it became lunch with the addition of an apple and a beverage.

The little cafes and places downstairs are MOBBED with quilters all trying to have lunch at the same time! I’m thinking tonight’s dinner better come with a doggie bag too, because who wants to waste half or a lunch period waiting in line?

As for ME? I’d rather be back in my room sewing! ((Which I’m going to do as soon as I post this))

It’s not the APP for my phone that is causing the problem. Picasa Web Albums is the problem. And I bought more storage, but it somehow still isn’t letting me post by phone, and I don’t want to see the iphone-o-grams become a thing of the past --- do you? It doesn't matter which app I use, it still says I have "exceeded limits".

I’m looking for info. Maybe it just takes time for my account to reflect that I have bought extra storage.

So here we are, all sewing our brains out! This is a stress-free class…we spent the morning making 9 patches and checkerboards. We talked about cutting. We talked about seams and how to adjust them. My hope is that these little persnickety things we have to do to get our units to turn out the right size to begin with will be something that will help the quilters in the future on OTHER quilts.

These things don’t just apply to THIS quilt – but to everything we piece from here on out!

PA_July2012 314

These gals are a room full of fun! The strips are flying and there is lots of laughter and chatter overriding the hum of the machines.

PA_July2012 315

They are even having fun at the ironing stations!

((And luckily they are not setting off any heat detectors in the ceiling!!))

So anyway ---I’ll keep trying to figure out what to do with the iphone-o-grams. I loved their convenience for instant posting. I don’t really want to go back to just one post a day ---sometimes those “gotta have Ben & Jerry’s NOW!” posts from the phone just have to happen.

In the mean time – looks like it’s going to be a quicky lunch time update like this one ----and hopefully you will still feel like you are here with all of us, just piecing away!

And for the next hour and a half, until class resumes at 2pm – you can just imagine me sitting HERE piecing away!

PA_July2012 310

Happy to just BE with BEA!

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:26 PM EDT

    Try turning your phone off!! Sometimes computers need to be turned off to recognize new stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking a lunch Break to share. I had t buy Picasa storage too. I blog by home Computer though. I could Blog from my previous phone, not an I-phone, but my new Droid is different. Gotta figure it out some more. I'll have to ask one of the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can you not have fun at Hershey?? Free chocolate in the classrooms screams fun! See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I sure hope you are able to figure it out. I love the iPhone o grams! Sew away my friend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:02 PM EDT

    Bonnie, anyway we can get your posts, we love them. Workshops look like so much fun. Please come again to East TN!!! Pretty please...any workshop. Heck a workshop on nothing would be good enough lolol
    Come visit us soon ;)
    JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like everyone is having fun. Hoping your classroom is easy to find :o) Should I bring my little board and dry iron????

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Picasa upgrade took at least 24 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, gosh, Bonnie. I hope it just is a matter of timing. I LOVE your iPhone-o-grams. Makes me feel like I am there--the spontaneity makes it just like being part of the "event," and in the case of Ben and Jerry's or Tastee Freeze, the fun without the calories!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bonnie, When I have trouble with an app, I delete it. Turn your IPhone completely off for a few minutes. Turn it back on and reload the app. That usually fixes the problem. If not, I'm sure others are having the same issue and it is not long before the app people put out a fix for the issue. Good luck, Mary. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous6:33 PM EDT

    Please don't ever stop the blogging. There are some of us who can't leave the house and who depend on these blogs for tremendous pleasure. I love all these and enjoy looking at your old ones.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)