>>>>

Monday, December 01, 2014

Mystery Monday Link-Up, Part 1!

quiltvilleday9
Get a load of this CAKE!

Oh, this CAKE!!

Our mystery quilters in Chandler, Arizona are at it again for their SECOND year in a row – the Saturday after Thanksgiving has become their “Sew Together” day to kick off the year’s mystery!

This year, it is Grand Illusion!  ((Why do I keep on wanting to type Celtic Solstice?!))

Andee sent along some photos to share of their day along with explanations of what is going on in the photos.

She writes:
 Bonnie,
Today was our Second Annual Quiltville Mystery Kickoff!  We got going on Grand Illusion in style!
quiltvilleday5

We doubled the amount of folks participating in our party this year too!  We held our party at the Chandler, Arizona Police Station--no quilt police in sight though! 


quiltvilleday6



We spent the entire day gabbing, cutting, sewing, getting opinions, laughing, planning and just plain having a good time! We had folks doing scrappy, yardage, civil war, modern, batiks and everything in between! Some did your colors and others changed it up--all will be beautiful! 

quiltvilleday3


We had a show and tell of last year's Celtic Solstice and wore them like capes, then posed with duck lips--can you tell this is a FUN group? 

quiltvilleday4

One gal didn't get in the group shot with her CS so I got a shot of her on her own with her longarmer (Kathy and Barb).

quiltvilleday10

One picture is a hodge podge of blocks from most of us!

quiltvilleday7

We managed to get a group shot before lunch too:

Top row:  Ashely, Candy, Ann, Sheila, Celeste, Kelly, Kathy, Laura, Marguerite, and Ros.

Bottom:  Terri, Angela (me), Jeanette, Laura, Kathy, Jennifer, Andi, BJ, Andrea and Limbania.  Not pictured:  Barb who came later and Karen who took the pictures.


quiltvilleday8

Each guest was gifted with a quilt label for Grand Illusion and we had a fabulous cake with Bonnie's Grand Ilusion picture on it!  We are all so happy that our love of you and all things Quiltville has brought this group of diverse women together! 

quiltvilleday1

We all made new friends today and strengthened bonds with the old ones.  Many of us our looking forward to your visit to Nimble Thimbles and AQG in January and two of us have plans to go to Italy with you! 

Thank you Bonnie for your generosity, talent, and beautiful quilt designs and for bringing us all together!
Andee in AZ
What a fabulous day they had!  Doesn’t it look like fun?  Wouldn’t you like to be in a group like this?  START ONE!  Oh, and if you want more info on the Italy trip?  Click the Tuscany 2015 tab at the top of the blog!  It’s filling fast –reserve your spot now!

I know you guys are here looking to see what is going on with everyone’s progress for this week’s Grand Illusion, Part 1.  I’ll get to that in a minute.


I just wanted to remind everyone of the Super Cyber Sale that is going on over in my book store right now.  It’s only good for a week, and all books and even seam guide rulers are 20% off.  Click HERE to learn more.

Let's Link Up!
If you have never participated in a Link-Up before, the first thing I want you to do is to read the entire tutorial I wrote about Link-Ups HERE so you can know a few things before you dive in head first.
 
There is a lot of good information there that will help you understand things like WHY we need the address or URL of your individual specific post, not just your main blog address.  It will show you how to FIND the correct URL and link it correctly.
 
Remember, if you link to your main blog, and not the specific post I will have to delete your entry and have you try again because I can’t fix it for you.
 
To find the URL for the specific post, go to your blog and click on the title of the post you want to link.  Look in the address bar at the top of your browser.  The address of your post should end in .html  NOT .com!
 
PLEASE LEAVE OFF the http:// part at the beginning of your blog address when you fill in your info below . The form auto-adds that for you.   If I were linking, my address would start with Quiltville.blogspot.com/, not http://Quiltville.blogspot.com/

Also: If you are linking from a mobile device -- delete the last /?=m  from the URL before posting! Those of us on a computer will get a really awkward looking page if you post your mobile URL from your tablet or phone.

*NOTE* Your blog address does NOT include the @ symbol!  That's for email addresses only, and that won't work in the linky either!

Your blog must be view-able to ALL, not just a handful of people that you have invited.  If your blog is private, please don't link up.  It's frustrating to those who click to view and are told they can't.

If you don’t have a blog you may link to your Flickr photo or Grand Illusion Album that you have created (Not your whole account, please make it specific) Or a photo you have posted on Pinterest  sharing your progress ((Also specific, not your whole profile))  You can not link to facebook.  Any posts linking to a facebook profile will be deleted.

You can link ANY progress of ANY step on any of the Link-Ups.

For instance, if we are on a Link-Up for part 4 – and you are just on part 1, you can still link that.  Just SHARE where you are!

In your post – PLEASE include a link back to THIS POST  http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2014/12/mystery-monday-link-up-part-1.html not just to Quiltville.blogspot.com.  I post more than once a day, so if someone clicks a link on your page to just my main address – they likely won’t find the link-up. That will only take them to the most recent post on the blog.  They won't find any of the other links that people have taken time to place on this page.  It will be a dead end street for them.

Don't BE the DEAD END STREET!

Make your links (Both yours and mine) post specific.
New links can be added until Thursday, December 4th at 11:55pm EST.

Have at it, Peeps!  I’m anxious to see what you've been up to!

OH!  And there WILL BE Quilt-CAM Tonight at 9pm EST!  See you back here then!




Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

19 comments:

  1. Slowly getting my units sewn. Bonnie, thanks for yet another fantastic start of your yearly mystery! Black Friday wouldn't be the same without it.
    Happy sewing everybody - it's not a race: enjoy while you are at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm home now so I can work on my Clue 1. Had too much Grandbaby fun last week. I have a few guild friends working on it and maybe we will get together some time during the Mystery. Thanks foe the eay first clue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bonnie, this is my premiere in Mystery quilting. Thanks for sharing another pattern for free and thanks for you never ending enthusiasm and all of your manuals and explanations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's crazy at Quiltville venues right now! I hope I finally did the linkup correctly. Thanks for all your generosity and help Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally new to this linkup business. Made sure I had a Pinterest GI Group to link to. Is it possible to change the picture linked (before Thursday)? Is it possible to change the text displayed( before Thursday)? If you plan to talk about this tonight in Quiltcam, I'll catch answers then. Thanks for this adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yowie kazowie, Bonnie -- you have half the quilt world working on the mystery and the other half is watching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for this super fun quilt-along!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the photos from the group! Looks like they have lots of fun! Our weekly group meets in our local police community room, too. Lots of space, lots of tables. The chief stopped by one night to see what we were up to, but no arrests or confiscations occurred! LOL Police and fire stations sometimes have rooms that groups can use. All in our area are free!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Bonnie, for the link up party. I love clicking on the thumbnails and seeing all the variations of what will be "Grand Illusion."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank You, THANK YOU, Bonnie for this Grand Illusion Mystery quilt project. Each year I participate (except for last year, unavoidable but, I printed the patterns so I'm good to go 'whenever' ;-) and already have my children fighting over 'who' gets this one! For now, it's going to be ALL mine.

    Love this time of year and these mysteries. After ALL year long of lovingly creating and quilting for others, this is 'my time' to rewind/relax/refresh for the New Year.

    Back to trimming and sewing - Thanks again,
    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not able to link in.
    I get a rotating daisy that is endless.
    I can get to the linked in page, but not the form I need to fill in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving the link up today, it is very inspiring.
    Todays clean out was the DVD cabinet. I was looking for my DVD of Somewhere in Time and since I had to take out most of the DVDs out of the cabinet, I decided to see if I could get rid of some. I was surprised to find some duplicates that we have. I organized my DVDs into action (for the husband) and TV series and then my DVDs. It is nice to have them in order for at least a short while. I also found the Christmas DVDs!
    I'm still quilting my Easy Street. I believe I am half way done. I find it very calming to take some time and just quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darn! Can't go to Italy w/ you but think I should consider moving to Chandler, AZ!!Now they seem to know how to quilt & party!! Thank you for being such a generous quilter & I especially thank you for always sharing beautiful & often just fun inspiring pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Bonnie for this opportunity and endless tutes you add to our knowledge
    A new free pattern, clear explanation, patience and enthusiasm
    my picture number is 160

    ReplyDelete
  15. SORRY
    here is my post not my number is not 160 among the pictures


    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow this is just amasing, 264 links so far, the biggest quilting bee world wide...- and I'm in *smile*
    It must have beea a big fun to participate in the kick off day too, thanks for sharing the story and the pictures.
    Thaks to you Bonni for the fun!!!
    Liebe Grüße from Germany
    Bente

    ReplyDelete
  17. I live in Mesa and would enjoy meeting with the Chandler Mystery group - any way to connect me? My email - serenityhouse53@q.com
    Thanks Molly Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  18. How do I find Part 1... I want to do the Mystery Quilt..
    Pat patchance@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry this post is so late. I finished Part 1 on time, but didn't have time to post. I actually had to cut my yellow twice! I cut the first batch too small, then I cut too many, I think I was too excited to get started! I didn't pay attention! So then I had to find a new yellow. I'm good now! My first scrappy quilt is on its way, AND I'm loving the colors!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)