>>>>

Monday, December 29, 2014

New Years in Texas!



Morning came too early….as it always does when morning means an early exit out of the house and off to the airport to catch a flight.

As I left the house this morning I knew that there was something I had forgotten, but for the life of me I couldn’t think of what it was.

However, I knew that eventually, that item would make itself known or unknown and I would deal with it.

That’s what credit cards are for, right?

Do you see this boarding pass?  I had rushed to my gate in Atlanta, not paying any attention, just happy to be there before the boarding started and I went up when my zone was called – out pops this little ticket!

UPGRADE!  Whoowhooo!  What a way to start a busy New Year!

Not that I got much out of it, I think I fell asleep as soon as we had lift off.

I of course woke up AFTER the beverage service was over.  And out came this:

20141229_070155-1

Hello to the hexie project I hadn’t touched in 6 weeks!

It took me a bit of mulling around to figure out where I left off and where I was going with this! 

On the Ipod: Tandia by Bryce Courtenay.  Awesome narrator…I had forgotten where I had left off in this story line as well, so I backed it up a bit and went forward from there.  Time flies when hand stitching and deeply involved in an audio book.  I didn’t want to turn it off when we landed…right in a good spot!

20141229_162922-1

Made it this far!

I finished the neutral row at the top of the 4 diamonds.  I began the flower rosette border that goes around the top of the diamond.  Not bad for a morning’s worth of flying hexie work!

If you want to see how far I've come on this project to date, Click HERE.

I was picked up by Irene, and she ran me around to run some errands.

Oh yes, those things I had forgotten?  They came to mind.

Last night I left the white wash in the dryer.  Which means I forgot to pack my bra in my suitcase.  HA! 

I travel with a sports bra, so I’m acceptable, but a navy blue sports bra is not going to do well underneath my cream blouse later in the week!  Thank goodness for Kohls!

I also left the tote bag that has assorted teaching items in it….including my masking tape for helping folks find that elusive seam allowance.  Masking tape and goodies for snacks were found at the Walmart close to the hotel.  Good to go!

20141229_172153

And at the end of the day….

This is an end of December sunset in an amazing sky in Plano Texas.

Tomorrow the fun begins with a full class at Fabric Fanatics!

Tonight I’m meeting up with my Brother and Sister-in-law who live in near by Wylie. 

A good night’s sleep will have me ready for tomorrow ---

Thanks to everyone who has participated in today’s Mystery Monday Link-Up!  Have you checked it out?  111 entries and more are coming in!  You can add your photo via blog post, Flickr, Google+, Pinterest and Instagram!  Please join the throng of happy Grand Illusion Mystery Quilters and Link Up with us!

Have a great evening everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

11 comments:

  1. Welcome to Texas. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:33 PM EST

    And I'm thinking who's going to take that white wash out of the washing machine?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy, welcome to Texas!! My daughter has been helping family in Wylie since August.....small world. We live south of Houston & miss her bunches. Hope you have a great time, thank you for all you do. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You give us the reality of your so busy, busy life. The details all work out in the huge picture of life, and you are a total inspiration for quilting and Living Life. All the best to you in 2015. Count yourself as a Total Inspiration in more ways than anyone can ever imagine. Texas! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bonnie, I'll see you for our annual visit in McKinney on Monday. Our little group decided to go to Cathedral Stars rather ten FF.
    Excited. Hilary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back to Texas! See you in Saturday and then again on Tuesday! Cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OHHH Bonnie ! i was at my LQS and they ordered your book for me ! .. :) crying.. i am sooo happy.. hopefully, they will order a few more and get others started eh ! ?
    Thanks Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so looking forward to the rest of the mystery quilt. I have done a couple of them and passed them to family. This time I have converted a friend so we get together on Friday to do this. What a hoot we have.
    Thanks bunches for telling us that you are human. We all forget things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:53 AM EST

    Glad to see that sunset in Plano. We are escaping, we hope, the wintery mix forecast for N. Central TX by heading for Plano. Will see you at Fabric Fanatics TOMORROW! Can't wait. Hope the winter weather won't follow us. Stephani in N. TX (Tomazec@aol.com)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, Bonnie! I have been an admirer for quite awhile. What an inspiration and a busy little gal!

    I lost touch with your blog at one point and when I looked you up again I do not know how to find pictures of your completed red and green hexie project. I loved watching you work on it and I would love to see it finished!

    Enjoy your time in Texas. Judith

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)