>>>>

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The Tuesday Before Christmas…and All Through the House!

20141223_075252
The Tuesday before Christmas, and All Through the House…
The Quilts are getting finished, in spite of the spouse…Hahahah

Okay, I only chose that word because it rhymed, and in truth, it has been SO relaxing up here.  No big family Christmas dinner to plan for, it will be just three of us this year.

Jeff will be coming up tomorrow after he gets off of work in the evening.

Oh goodness!  I don’t have a stocking for him up here.  Just might have to take care of that today as today is our “Go to town” day.

I’ve been up here since Friday and I haven’t left to go anywhere, and it has been SUPERB!

So here we have our baby quilt all boiund and labeled, I just don’t have a pigma pen up here with me to sign it.  I’ll sign the label when I get back home on the 27th so it can be shipped out on Monday.

 20141223_075231

The little finish!

I am so happy with this one!  I want to make another one in pinks for my friend Harriet who just had a baby girl a couple of weeks ago.  I think I will love 9 patches forever and ever.  They just go right to the heart of a quilter, don’t they?

20141222_211706-1

Making good progress on this binding as well!

We have been rewatching the entire Alias series on Netflix.  Can’t get enough of that Michael Vaughan and Sydney Bristow!  This is a BIG quilt, it’s about 82” square, and I’ve made it down one side and about 1/4 the way up the second side, so two more evenings may see this one on the DONE books too.

20141223_075324

Love that orange binding!

20141223_075200

On to the next book project!

I’m feeling the need to work in blue and neutral!  Can you guess what these will be?

christmaslinky

So here is my thought for Christmas Eve, tomorrow.

WHAT IF…we do a Linky Party, Christmas Eve style sharing Holiday quilts, stockings, table runners, anything that you want to show whether it is old or new?  If you don’t have a Christmas or holiday quilt, perhaps you can show us a red and white quilt or something that fits the theme. 

Got Hanukkah? Share something along those lines! 

If you do not celebrate Christmas or Hanukkah, how about winter themes?  Snowflakes, snow men, anything is welcome, as is whatever you have made to celebrate the season.

It will run just like our Mystery Monday Link-Ups, you can link to a blog post you have written about your quilt, quilted item, stocking, tree skirt, handbag, ornament whatever ---or you can link to a Pinterest pin or a Flickr or instagram post as long as those are “PUBLIC” so we can all view them.

Does this sound good to you?  Maybe it is something you made several years ago and it only comes out for Christmas.  Maybe it is an heirloom that has been passed down to you.

Whatever it is, let’s share the Quilty Things of the Season! 

I will have my post going live at 5am tomorrow morning.  Will you join me in posting something to share?  And for good measure, we’ll leave it open until New Year’s Eve at 11:55pm EST.

Let’s share!

Okay.  I’m excited now!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!


Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

20 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of Christmas time fun. Have a good one Bonnie Christmas 2014 only comes one time so enjoy to the limit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea. Mostly, I love the fact that you are aware that not everyone celebrates the same.

    Enjoy your time off. Have a Happy Christmas. Thank you for all that you share with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love 9patches too! I learned to quilt doing 9 patch swaps with Quiltnet in the early 90s. I just made a duvet cover last night with a top from some Christmas 9 patches from 1993.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with the baby quilt too! Mine is moving along nicely! I am figuring it out as I go!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family. Enjoy your time together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janie Steele9:44 AM EST

    I love that pattern in your baby quilt. Is it in Quiltmaker magazine or will it be in a future book? Merry Christmas to you and your family. That you fior all you do for the quilting world to teach and inspire us. See you in Plano next month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I designed this quilt for my new nephew, I have not written the pattern for it yet, it may be published at some time in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so busy, and work so hard it is wonderful that you have the cabin, you can chill and do what you love. All the best to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:56 AM EST

    Love these scrappy nine patches. What size are they?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful idea for Christmas Eve!

    Merry Christmas to you and your family. So happy for your being able to spend time in your special place with family. You do so much for all of us and it is great that you are having this time to just do what you love. Thanks the wonderful gifts you share with us of your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That baby quilt is really nice! Merry Christmas to you and your family! Thanks for a wonderful year of inspiration, laugher and tears!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Old quilter3:35 PM EST

    Many years of quilting, and i always go back to the 9 patch too. Any size, any fabrics, the current top waiting for the hoop is red and muslin - about 100 reds, and maybe six "almost" muslins. Never get tired of them, and nobody ever turns one down when I'm lowering the stack to make room.
    Merry Christmas Everyone !

    ReplyDelete
  12. The baby quilt turned out so cute! I like how the outer blue border picks up on the blue block corners.

    Have you decided on a name for this pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Christmas link idea.I have a pile of red and green plaid shirts looking for inspiration. I am thinking of a variation on your lovely Carolina Christmas. My friend is having twin grandkids and wanted me to bring ideas for their quilts, Ill be showing her yours. too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love, love love the quilt! Can't wait to see it in pinks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous7:52 PM EST

    I so great to hear that your relaxing. Here's wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

    Sherry In NY

    ReplyDelete
  16. To All Quilters doing the MQ....Wish you much success as you work on your quilts & Wish you all a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year !!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bonnie you have a wonderful eye for color, just love the baby quilt pattern, can't wait to get a peak at the pink one. You are so bold to mix denims with cottons, looks great. You and your family have a wonderful Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  18. Delightful baby quilt. I do love 9-patche quilts, also :) And I LOVE the orange binding! Crazy :) Wishing you the best for Christmas and the coming new year.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous2:10 PM EST

    Would you please post the measurements for the baby quilt square , thank you.nrsi2000@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. We also have a movie depicting WWI Christmas 1914, where they celebrated festivities together German and English between the trenches. Just about any movie with Christmas theme is a favorite this time of year.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)