>>>>

Monday, December 22, 2014

Mystery Monday Link-Up, Part 4

bd2_3
Have you made it this far?

Have you packed it all up in a tote for AFTER the holidays because company is arriving this week?

Don’t worry, it will keep until the holidays are over and you can get back to working on Grand Illusion after you finish putting all of that lovely Christmas décor away, setting the house back to normal.

I’m one of those who wants to sweep it up and out as soon as Christmas is done.  Dec 26th?  Pack it up!  Start a new year….

But I’m up here at the cabin and there isn’t an awful lot to put away, and I think I’ll leave the lights on the front porch until New Years.  And the hubby can take them down and put them away for yet another year!

This week’s clue was a repeat of Part 1, with a couple variations in fabric and color placement.  I hope that you caught that you are to make 40 of EACH of the color arrangements shown in this first photo.


Remember they are not the same, and you can’t simply turn a block to make it the same…they are scrambled from each other so each has to be made specifically.

Have I got you intrigued? Have we kept the mystery a mystery for just a while longer?  I hope so!

Here are a couple of my units in progress:

bd_layout

Units should measure 4.5” and finish at 4” in the quilt.

You guys have got the link-up protocol down pat, and there have been very few that I’ve had to remove and ask them to try again for using the wrong address in their linky.  But just in case we have some newbies I will post the small print again.  

If you have never participated in a Link-Up before, the first thing I want you to do is to read the entiretutorial I wrote about Link-Ups HERE so you can know a few things before you dive in head first.

There is a lot of good information there that will help you understand things like WHY we need the address or URL of your individual specific post, not just your main blog address.  It will show you how to FIND the correct URL and link it correctly.

If you are adding a Pinterest photo and have never linked up with us before, Click to read the Pinterest tutorial from last week’s link up HERE.

Remember, if you link to your main blog, and not the specific post I will have to delete your entry and have you try again because I can’t fix it for you.

To find the URL for the specific post, go to your blog and click on the title of the post you want to link.  Look in the address bar at the top of your browser.  The address of your post should end in .html  NOT .com!

PLEASE LEAVE OFF the http:// part at the beginning of your blog address when you fill in your info below . The form auto-adds that for you.   If I were linking, my address would start with Quiltville.blogspot.com/ not http://Quiltville.blogspot.com/

Also: If you are linking from a mobile device -- delete the last /?=m  from the URL before posting! Those of us on a computer will get a really awkward looking page if you post your mobile URL from your tablet or phone. Your link should end in .html or just /

*NOTE* Your blog address does NOT include the @ symbol!  That's for email addresses only, and that won't work in the linky either!

If you don’t have a blog you may link to your Flickr photo or Grand Illusion Album that you have created ((Not your whole account, please make it specific)) Or a photo you have posted on Pinterest  sharing your progress ((Also specific, not your whole profile))  You can not link to Facebook.  Any posts linking to a Facebook profile will be deleted.

Your blog, Pinterest or Instagram photo must be view-able to ALL, not just a handful of people that you have invited.  If your blog, Instagram or Pinterest is private, please don't link up.  It's frustrating to those who click to view and are told they can't because of your privacy settings.

You can link ANY progress of ANY step on any of the Link-Ups.

For instance, if we are on a Link-Up for part 4 – and you are just on part 1, you can still link that.  Just SHARE where you are!

In your post, Flickr or Pinterest photo – PLEASE include a link back to THIS POST http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2014/12/mystery-monday-link-up-part-4.html not just a link to Quiltville.blogspot.com.  I post more than once a day, so if someone clicks a link on your page to just my main address – they likely won’t find the link-up. That will only take them to the most recent post on the blog.  They won't find any of the other links that people have taken time to place on this page.  It will be a dead end street for them.

Don't BE the DEAD END STREET!

Make your links (Both yours and mine) post specific.

New links can be added until Thursday, December 25th at 11:55pm EST.

Let's share!




Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

11 comments:

  1. nan sharon sutherlin9:10 AM EST

    We started celebrating Saturday with part of our kids and grandkids and continue today by traveling to see my Sis. Then we will return home to cook Christmas lunch here for more of the family. I had hoped to get Part 4 cut out before Friday, but that isn't going to happen!! Will look forward to the Friday clue and catch up when the house is way too quiet and I need the sewing therapy to deal with that!!!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, it's the same. Just turn your head since you can't turn the block. It can be oriented just like the diagram. She just has it in a different position on the photo of her sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just realized that....DUH!Deleting my previous comment so as not to confuse anyone! I must need another can of Diet Coke!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to apologize if anybody tries to click on my previous link-ups, as blogger has kindly erased my entries of clues 1 through 3. Hopefully the present one will last!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the different colorways, each so special. This is the first year I've gone with Bonnie's suggestions and I'm liking it!
    Aside from a small ripfest I need to do..Sharyn in Kalama

    ReplyDelete
  6. how many more clues until we are finished??

    ReplyDelete
  7. how many more clues until we are finished?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linky closed early (it's only 4pm EST). I'm sad :( Oh well, hopefully I'll be on time next week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Krista for your comment, I've been reading and re-reading trying to find the linky... oh well...good practice for me uploading to flickr.... I have the pieces ready... but Christmas dinner to look forward to, so the final piecing will wait :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sad. I click on the posts only to be told I have to have a twitter account, Facebook account, interest account or some such. The link-ups are NOT available for us to see. Some are but it's frustrating to get nothing but turned away on lots of them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was going to link up with clue 5 but no monday link up? I combined clue and 4 together...

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)