>>>>

Sunday, December 07, 2014

Some Weekend R&R!

20141207_133926
My beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains.

Even with temps only in the 40s, it was a beautiful sunny, albeit chilly December day –with plenty of gusty winds to make you want to stay in and enjoy the view from INSIDE the cabin!

It’s one of those things where life says “You are out of cardboard mailers, and out of 3 books titles, and nothing will be in until Monday – so just put it out of your mind and go enjoy the outdoors.”

So we did.

My Christmas present to myself came just in time this year --

While I like the 4 wheelers, the boys love them better, and two 4 wheelers and 4 people can make things a bit difficult.

I’m also not hell-on-wheels the way the boys are, and after riding in my friend Mona’s Side by Side ATV a couple of times, I knew that this was a much friendlier way for me to ride the 30+ miles of roads up on Buck Mountain, an ATV friendly community where our cabin resides.

So…Early Saturday morning, this came to reside with me, in my favorite color of all:


Bonnie’s Quilt Villa Mobile!

It’s 5 years old, I am the 3rd owner, and the price was very reasonable.  Can you see me zooming around the mountain and Sadie riding shot gun??

It matches my School Bus colored Feathereweight!


Oh yes, We’ve got it going on!

The view at the top of this post was taken while out in the RZR enjoying some scenery this afternoon.  This is going to be fun.

Some Sewing also happened today:

20141207_152248

Mona, back hard at it, sewing strip sets for 4 patches!

20141207_104342

My mess, working on Hourglass units in Christmas Red, Green & Neutral!

These blocks will appear in a future Addicted to Scraps Column with Quiltmaker Magazine, and then wind up in a full quilt pattern in a future book so stay tuned.  I jumped into this one because sewing with holiday fabrics puts me in a holiday mood! 

I’ve had fun combining vintage Christmas prints with some newer reds and greens as well for a fun mix.  It was hard for me to leave this at the cabin and come home this evening!

I’ll be back up to the cabin next Friday evening – we have new doors being installed..goodbye leaky drafty old dented aluminum doors…time for some INSULATED ones!


Sale ends at 9pm EST Tonight!

You have TWO HOURS from the time I’m writing this post to get those orders in as prices go back up at 9pm EST in my online store!  ALL TITLES and seam guide rulers are 20% off,  $5.00 Flat rate shipping on orders up to $100, and FREE Shipping on orders over $100.00 within the USA.  International shipping rates also available.

Click to visit Quiltville’s Book Store so you don’t miss out!

TOMORROW:  Mystery Monday Link-Up #2 right here!  I’ll be giving a little tutorial on how to link a photo with Pinterest if you don’t have a blog.  That’s been requested by several who don’t feel so “tech savvy” and I’ll do my best to provide instruction on how to do that so you can share your progress.

Quilt-Cam is likely to happen on Wednesday evening ---stay tuned for more info on that!

Have a great Sunday, Evening, everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:25 PM EST

    Fun new toy!
    Posture! Ouch...that looks like my back if I forget to adjust seat height vs table. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the Pinterst linky help. I did one last week but it didn't turn out exactly like I expected. Love your new toy! And I'm really wanting one of those custom painted Featherweights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little vehicle is so YOU! So much fun. Waiting for Monday Link-up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Christmas present is too cute...but do be careful Miss Bonnie....Your Christmas colored units look yummy! I can't wait to make your Carolina Christmas..it's all kitted up...Hugs for Sadie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color of your new to you ride! Sitting here watching the I Love Lucy Show! Trimming away on clue one still. ..I've had to work and had Birthday party's, Christmas Brunches over the weekend! December seems always a busy time of year. I hope you are enjoying your cabin/friends and family! Thanks for your time and knowledge. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you Bonnie, you will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been sewing on Christmas stockings. string blocks, and putting together some gifted triangles I put into the usual 1/2 square blocks that are almost all together in a baby quilt. I get so much more done when you're on the computer keeping me company I started all over watching the archives!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonnie I love the RZR! Mine is white with orange! Love riding in East TN when I am not quilting in Middle TN. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bonnie! I am half way thru step one! Loads of fun! I hope Mona did not have too sore a neck and back from her posture there at the machine! Mona! Move a little closer! Chest out! Thank you for all you do!
    Take care, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun to roam the hills and roads in your new ride. As for the featherweight, I would love to have mine painted but don't know where or who to turn to for help. I have a 1947 beauty with the scroll face on it but the bed and body are showing it's wear and age. Purple is my color of choice. I am in NW Washington state, so if anyone knows where I could start looking, drop me a note at quiltedangel64@gmail.com thanks bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bonnie: Be sure to let us know how you like your Christmas Present. I will have to invest in one down the road. I just can't live without one in the country in Alaska! I CAN See You tooling around the mountain in it! Have Fun, but stay Safe!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)