>>>>

Wednesday, May 08, 2019

A Punkin’ Patch Day in May!


How can these NOT make anyone smile?

We had such a great time in our Punkin’ Patch workshop yesterday at the Grand Hotel Needle Art Seminar on Mackinac Island, Michigan! (Pattern from my book String Frenzy!)

And I think we were ALL amazed at how many different oranges there were just within this class alone!  And once you get quilters swapping strips with other quilters – the combinations and variety is endless.


Sewing strings on to paper foundations -

Go for the tilt and lean!  Try not to keep them all straight -

The wonkier the better!


Many piles of orange happiness in progress!


Trimming to size -


Adding corners!


Adding the top stem section -

And deciding of that floating rectangle is going to go at the top of the block or the bottom -


One up one down!

These are so cute – I think I need to make more my self!


We all loved the chocolate brown backgrounds!


Oh my goodness!  I love them!


We made a whole patch full!

For the rest of our day’s punkin' fun – Click to Play:


it was the perfect "one-day-in-between" the 1 1/2 days of Emerald City, and the two days we have ahead of Straits of Mackinac, beginning today!

Speaking of Emerald City – the “Open Sew” room is right across from where the restrooms are, and while leaving the ladies room I heard gales of happy chatter and stuck my head in to see what was going on:


Emerald City is Still Happening!

In fact, we got this sneak preview by special visit:


Oh fabulous!!

Lilac/blue/periwinkle and green is one of my favorite color combos -

Isn’t this luscious?!


Yesterday’s breakfast table setting.

I’m just about to head down to the dining room for breakfast and wanted to share a bit of the grandeur. There is something very special about eating even breakfast at a lovely place setting.  It just makes every day extraordinary!


This view doesn’t hurt either!

My window view of America’s Largest Front Porch – Lake Huron winking good morning in the sunshine.

One of the things I have loved the most about being here are the many folks I’ve met at previous visits – it’s a reunion!  And also those who are here for the first time that I have known from other locations – Friends I’ve made from far away places are now becoming friends with those I’ve known from before and it is really very much like a very happy family reunion.  I hope the Needle Art Seminar continues to thrive, and that I am invited to return again in the future for round 4.  This is just such a wonderful place and an awesome experience.


Quiltville Quote of the Day:

I believe this is so true! It also has me giggling!

After all of the fabulous food here at The Grand Hotel we are all feeling a bit well rounded and our clothes are too tight! Lol!

Have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone!



10 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun. I love the pumpkins. As I have never attended a retreat like this it looks like so much fun. The view is amazing. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im in love with pumpkin patch from the day i saw this in quilt makers magazine and have everything i need to make one. i have to put it off till i finish the 2 tops i'm working on now. winstons way and roll roll cotton bolt, then i can get it done. i would love to be up in michigan with you all.you are my kind of friends. have fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. The workshops look like so much fun. I'm not so sure about breakfast though. Do they have classes to teach you what utensil to use for what?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh-yea, that's a VERY formal setting! LOL!

      Delete
  4. Someday, Bonnie I will Join you at the Grand Hotel. That is my dream. I am joining you in Louisville in July. Looking forward to two classes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Multi course meals will keep you round. The pumpkin blocks are very fun. These gals will be ready for Fall making their quilt now. Nice to meet and renew friendship in a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salon Alure provide best Best Beauty Salon in Purcellville Salon Alure, located in Purcellville, VA, is a top-rated, Aveda family salon with over 20 years experience in the beauty industry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie, the circle of friends quote really struck me. Quilting is just so much more than piecing and sewing. I have been blessed with wonderful groups of friends through my quilting adventures. Reading your blog in my daily morning routine keeps reminding me of that. I'm sure when Quiltville Inn opens its doors, it will broaden circles of friends even more for so many! What an inspiration you are. Thanks for sharing your adventures with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This just looks like so much fun, and I am green with envy over that cute little green featherweight! Some day I hope to come for a workshop or retreat at Quiltville, would love to be part of your "circle" of quilty friends! Jan in MA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, all that orange just makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)