>>>>

Monday, March 24, 2014

Just a Bit of Jared All Day Long!

PigeonForge_Mar2014 397
Get a load of these fun gals!

Spirits were high in our Jared Takes a Wife class – Workshop #7 of day #5 at A Mountain Quilt Fest in Pigeon Forge, TN!

Our tails may have been dragging after 5 days of non-stop quilt activity, but no one wanted to give up early and go home…we pushed it to the end, and everyone had one block if not more done for what will surely be a batch of beautiful quilts.

PigeonForge_Mar2014 357

The biggest secret of all?

When making “Sew & Flip” corners….always sew just NEXT to the drawn diagonal line into the seam allowance side of the unit….the drawn diagonal line is NOT your seam line…it’s your FOLD line!  And with this one simple trick we had beautiful units coming out “just right” and they fit into our blocks easily!

PigeonForge_Mar2014 360

It was a great way to spend our last day together!

PigeonForge_Mar2014 354

Jared takes a Wife!

You will find the free pattern for Jared Takes a Wife under the Free Patterns tab at the top of the blog – just print it and get started!

Click the image below if you are unable to view the slide show on your mobile device.  You’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing.

Jared Takes a Wife, Pigeon Forge 2014


The sun is shining on a beautiful Blue Ridge morning.

I had a great sleep at the cabin, everything has been checked out here and is in good working order.  
I'll be heading back down the mountain toward home later today ---am I ever so glad I took this tiny detour and wound up here yesterday.

I've been asked when the next Quilt-Cam will be -- I think tomorrow night, Tues, March 25 --I've got a dinner out with my quilt bee tonight, and I haven't seen most of these girls in ages, not missing that!

Have a great Monday, everyone!

Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

7 comments:

  1. The plaid/homespun version is beautiful. I hope the lady who was making it will share pictures once it is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful block as always! Love all the happy faces! :)

    sydney120@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love that pattern, thanks again Bonnie for all you share

    ReplyDelete
  4. II am working on this pattern myself! It looks very complicated but isn't. Bonnie how do you do that!!!! Glad you do, quilts all look so terrific when we get them done.

    Relax...have a happy day.
    Smiles, JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also really loved the one made with shirts! It just stood out. Would love to see the whole quilt. I may do this with my shirt fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think i can work this out. Ill just follow the pattern for a better results! Thanks for showing me these designs. Just love it! Best Seattle SEO service

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tip about sewing next to the ruled line. Reading your blog is the next best thing to taking a class with you. I learn so much.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)