>>>>

Thursday, March 20, 2014

iPhone-o-Gram! Smith Mountain Morning, Day #3!

Another day, another lunch break in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee!

Today our workshop is Smith Mountain Morning – one of my favorites!

Two block quilts have always held a fascination for me – and I love the secondary designs that a two block quilt can produce.

We are working with easy angle rulers, companion angle rulers, and Tri Recs rulers to make the units we need easily from precut scrap strips. 

The ladies are hard at work, but we are having a great time! I like to keep the atmosphere in my classroom fun and happy, so we are playing a wide array of 1950s music and the ladies are breaking out into song, mixed with a little bit of dancing and booty shaking while they are pressing, cutting and sewing!

This first photo is especially for Verda from Brita!!  She hopes you will see it!

The other photos – can you tell we are having a fun day in class?

Time to get back in there and get back down to business – lunch is almost over.

Much love from Tennessee –







6 comments:

  1. It's impossible not to have a good time in your classes, Bonnie! Wish I were there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quiltdebk@gmail.com
    my name is Deborah Keltner of
    Deborah's BackWoods Studio.
    I hope to someday take a class with you. I so enjoy how the class'es you post, always look so energized and happy. God bless, I see you and your students are having a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
  3. I MET BONNIE TODAY! John and I went over to the pigeon Forge Quiltfest. While I was not able to attend classes, I did tuck into Bonnie's Smith Mountain class. She was repairing a sewing machine for someone. Gave her a quick hug and introduced myself.

    What a sweetie pie she is !!!! :). Happy to have had that moment with her. And class was into interrupted either.

    Smiles, JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  4. I peeked in the room and saw Bonnie today but didn't want to interrupt the class. I would love to take a class also someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great time is being had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This class was the MOST fun I've ever had in class! Thank you so much for the "shout out" to Verda -- she saw it, and was tickled. She's feeling better, and I'll bet this helped.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)