>>>>

Monday, March 26, 2018

Quiltmaker Gift-Away, and Off to Des Moines!

IMG_20180326_072751_157000
It’s a GO TO DES MOINES day!

And I have a bit later flight today than the usual crack-of-dawn shindig, and how nice is that? 

My flight isn’t until noon, so I was able to putter a bit in the studio last night after getting everything for this trip together, and was able to wake without an alarm blaring me up at some ungodly hour.

When I returned from the cabin on Saturday, there was a familiar white envelope waiting for me – the May/June 2018 Quiltmaker issues inside.

MAY?  JUNE?!

And here I'm laughing at the continual winter weather we’ve been having here in North Carolina.  MAY!?? June?!

I thumbed through last night and thought my departure day would be a great day to leave you with another fun Gift-Away, this time with a bundle of stuff I’ve pulled together, just for you!

20180325_211848

In this issue!  SO MANY SAMPLERS!

I have always loved sampler quilts, and if you’ve never made one, or would like to make another – there is inspiration galore in this issue!

This one was made by Sharon Parcel using Well Said fabric by Sandy Gervais.

20180325_211953

Scott Flanagan’s Carnival!

This one looks just a bit challenging, but WOW, what a wonderful quilt!  You’ll find all of the detailed instructions for all of the blocks and the setting inside.  Are you game?

20180325_212014

Carolyn Beam’s HEXED!

This is sampler is in English paper piecing, perfect to get you going on your own hexie journey.  So many fun block variations.

20180325_211748

Addicted to Scraps Column!

My own Addicted to Scraps column will have you piecing this fun block, Diamond Tile inspired by a vintage quilt top I found on my journeys.  It comes together easily from many different sizes of strips and square found easily in your own Scrap User’s System. 

20180325_212348

The End of March – Bye Bye Winter—Super Duper Quiltmaker Bundle!

One lucky winner is going to receive ALL of this wonderfulness.  Not only the May/June 2018 issue, but also Quiltmaker’s 100 blocks Volume 10, featuring my block Something Blue:

20180325_212057

Strings, strings and more strings!

This is a block that’s begged to become a full quilt for a long long time!  I’m moving it UP on the to do list.

Also in this bundle:
Fast 2 Fuse interfacing light for bags, purses and more!
Heat & Bond light for machine applique and quilting!
1 roll of Quilters Select Appli-Stick
Under the Sea Quilt Pattern by Barbara Cline.
The Clammy 6’’ – clam shell template by Latifa Saafir.
One of my 2 1/2’’ x 6 1/2’’ Quiltville rulers by Creative Grids.
A deck of my playing cards.
A spool of Signature So Fine 50 wt.
Vintage Textile Soak, Sample Size.
A Don’t Worry, Be Scrappy pin!

Are you ready to win??





Drawing to happen Thursday night, March 29th from my hotel room in Des Moines!


Good luck, everyone!

Oh, did you happen to catch the latest escapades of Sadie & Piper?  Click to last night’s post if you missed it.  Too funny!


IMG_20180326_062908_109000_wm

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Vintage quilt found in La Salle, Illinois.

These are the wisest words I have heard over the past couple of weeks. I don't remember who told it to me, but it has stuck like glue.

Just do the NEXT thing.

Have a wonderful Monday, friends!


14 comments:

  1. Safe travels. It's not very nice weather wise in Iowa today. Cold, windy and rain. Looking forward to seeing you Tuesday and your Wonky Wishes class. The weather won't keep me from being pumped to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels. Enjoy yourself. Do you ever come to Long Island - east end? Would love for that to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:16 PM EDT

    I would really love to know where you were able to find the pin that says: A Don’t Worry, Be Scrappy! I would love to purchase one, maybe two, maybe more! I have a few friends I would love to give one too!
    Safe travels Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Such eye candy in the Quiltmaker issues! I cannot wait to try some of them. Safe travels and a good time as always. Thank you for the opportunity at the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Safe travels, thank you for the opportunity at the Super Duper Quilt maker bundle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun Gift-Away! Maybe it 's my turn to WIN. Thanks for the extra goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Need some inspiration, reading your blog is my start to the day

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great settings for samplers in the issue. Thanks for tossing in some extra treats, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the "Sadie Saga Tails with Friends". Yesterday was spent with Ginger baby at the vet all day for surgery for a hematoma (sp) in her ear. Sadie Louise was lost without her 'sister' all that time. Sadie has been a real good caregiver since Ginger got home. This is going to be a long 2 weeks. Loved the quote today. Can't get a plan of action in place, so maybe it will help. Would love to win the new gift package. Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll be there to watch you this afternoon in Des Moines at DMAQG. We are expecting a full house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Safe travels. Do you ever come to Louisiana? I'd love to attend one of your workshops. I'm new to your blog and fascinated by all the beautiful scrap quilts! How to I find your method for building/cutting scraps?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for all of the good vibes you send our way. It is a joy to read your blog. Mgmarkling@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh dear Bonnie, you’ve done it again! You are just too amazing! You make a wonderful trip out of Des Moines, IA! What an a amazing person ...and an amazing giveaway! 😁

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)