>>>>

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Des Moines Double Duty Presentation Day!

20180327_140112
Oh. My. Goodness.

I had heard that the Des Moines Area Quilters were a fabulously fun group with a very involved guild.

Their charity efforts are epic, and their outreach is far – covering everything from quilts for kids, and extensive Quilts of Valor efforts.

But I was not prepared for the windfall of visitors and guild members alike during BOTH the early afternoon and evening guild meeting sessions.

I was caught up and swept up in the activity, smiling and feeling right at home amidst the hubbub and hustle – confirming to myself that yes, once again – my world is one big quilt guild, friendly faces and welcoming smiles and hugs – these are my peeps! 

Let’s get this show on the road!

Committee reports, upcoming programs, activities gearing up for the next Quilt Show – it all felt so familiar.  AND BUSY!

And before I knew it, it was my time to give my schpeel to this massive crowd. A few trips over my own tongue due to nervousness, and off we went…finding the comfort zone with a joke and a giggle from the audience.  Yes.  They get me, the understand.  They TOO have this much fabric and want to know how to use it better --

And then my favorite part of all?  The show & share segments!  I had seen armfuls of  quilts coming in, their patterns and colors recognizable between the folds.
20180328_062524


Several Allietare quilts have been finished and brought for this evening.

Each one so beautiful!

20180328_062047

Delightful En Provence finishes – so varied yet bound by similarity.

Each one with its owner’s own stories…things that happened “during the making” each moment captured forever between the stitches.

20180328_062304

Friend’s quilts side by side – On Ringo Lake variations as individual as they are.

I was so excited to see these beauties up on stage – can you even TELL they are On Ringo Lake finishes?  Yes – those resulting units can be arranged and rearranged into any design of your choice with this pattern as all of the component units all finish at 3’’.  Where does your mind take YOU when it comes to unit arrangement?  These two are so gorgeous and so out of the box – I was THRILLED to have had the chance to see them in person.

And the great designs aren’t left to just the front of the quilt.  Check this one out:

20180327_150252

The back of Debbie’s Shirt Quilt!  LOL!!

20180328_062400-001

The front is Jared Takes a Wife from the free patterns tab!

You’ll find all of the rest of this fabulous double-duty presentation day in the video below.  Click to play and enjoy:


And we now have two workshop days ahead – Wonky Wishes today, Blue Ridge Beauty from Adventures with Leaders & Enders tomorrow – it’s going to be busy with 50 students each day.


20180327_221608

And best of all, I loved meeting the quilters behind the quilts!

But, oh my – what a crowd!  Click to play:




I want to take a minute to thank those who pitched in to help Axel after yesterday’s post. I received the nicest emails from his mama and auntie, just so very touched that you would open your hearts the way you have to help someone you don’t know – THANK YOU.  If you missed yesterday’s post, flip back and catch up and do what you can.

ALSO – I’m drawing for the winner of our Quiltmaker Bundle tomorrow evening from my hotel room in Des Moines.  Be sure you get your entry in on THAT POST.

I think there was something else I was going to mention – but I forgot!  And my ride is on her way so this needs to send NOW.

IMG_20180328_060807_877000_wm

Quiltville Quote of the Day

Pineapple Crazy quilt from my book String Fling shared during our Asilomar week in early March.

It's what you do today that will make a difference. Not what you say.

Is it Wednesday already?  Have a great one, friends!



8 comments:

  1. What gorgeous quilts for the show and share! I especially loved the Jared Takes A Wife, front and back - what a novel idea and beautiful colors! I wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love coming to your site and having my daily mini quilt show :0) Spectacular show this time...love the back of Jared takes a wife with the shirts still intact.....how clever is that??? Enjoy yourself Bonnie. I'm so sorry to hear of your eyes and vision loss....I hope someone somewhere is working on a cure right now. Have a Blessed Easter and safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing crowd. Glad they get you! I've heard your Trunk Show twice! It's a fun one! Those ORL are awesome. So fun to see the variations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each day as I read your posts I am amazed at how prolific some quilters really are. But I wonder, in your deepest and most generous heart, do you realize that YOU are the catalyst for this? All over the country (foreign markets are not known to me) ladies and gents are inspired by you and your work and their enthusiasm for the art of quilting has inspired so many others. Think of this as a ripple effect and YOU are the center of the ripple. Bless YOU Bonnie Hunter, YOU are creating a legacy that is beyond my comprehension.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful trips with the rest of us. We truly have a Gem in you. You are our shining star.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just had to share your quote of the day on Facebook. Have fun in Des Moines!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness those two Ringo Lakes side by side are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spectactable! What a awesome quilts a joy for the eyes. Thanks Bonnie for sharing ! You are awesome!
    Love, Yoka Bazilewich

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)