>>>>

Saturday, March 10, 2018

And the Quilts Kept Coming….

20180306_161808
We never knew when someone NOT in our class, would stop by with a quilt and share with us what they had completed!

Either from a mystery, a previous class, or something they were doing all on their own!

Tuesday afternoon was a day of visiting – where students and instructors alike could go on “Walkabout” and visit the other classes to see what other folks had been up to during their time at Asilomar.

Shown here is Ruthmary – the fabulous gal who takes care of all of my shipping needs through C&T, making sure that book and merchandise orders show up where they are supposed to show up ahead of my arrival.  I couldn’t do what I do without her!  And she brought her newly quilted En Provence quilt to share during Walkabout, binding in progress.

She also brought a batch of peanut butter Rice Krispy treats, quickly devoured. 


Behind the quilt, barely peeking out on the left is Debbie, my wonderful editor!  It was great to sit and talk to her in person as manuscript parts are currently being sent back and forth via email making sure all of the edits are taken care of so we can go to PRINT on schedule.  Designated release date?  December!  OH, I can’t wait!  And we have some fun stuff coming out in May, too – so be watching for that.


20180306_155653

More Non-Class Drop In Show & Share!

Get a load of this Pineapple Crazy in browns and blues from String Fling!

20180306_163054

A drive-by Carolina Crossing from Scraps & Shirttails!

And this was only PART of the Walkabout Visitors showing their progress.  I don’t care if it is just blocks waiting for assembly, or a phone photo – I love to see it.  I love to know that we are all in this scrap addiction together!

20180304_132140

Charlotte and Pat share their Garden Party Quilts from the Addicted to Scraps book!

Just look at how different these two quilts are!  I love the stained glass effect that Pat’s has  with the light from our 3 glass walls illuminating her quilt top.

Got tops?  I know what it’s like to travel with quilts, so tops are DEFINITELY something much easier to travel with than a full quilted and bound quilt.  Just bring it!

(This announcement applies to the Illinois groups I’m visiting this coming week – I’ve got 3 back to back workshops of 50 students each – bring the Show & Share!)

20180306_131217

Jamie and her Midnight Flight!

I owe Jamie so much!  It was her purple featherweight I was honored to stitch on while spending evening time with classmates.  She was my “room angel” for the duration of my time at Asilomar and she kept everything running so smoothly.

She was also my “Sloth Sister” on our Peru trip, the Sloth moving back and forth between us.  Believe me, there is nothing so heart-happy as a sloth reaching out its arms for you to lift it up for a hug.

Thank you, my friend!  I can’t wait to see you again next month in Napa!  (She also shuttled off the remaining books and merchandise so I didn’t have to ship it home!)

20180306_131253

Back of Midnight Flight!

A panel purchased for $20.00 at a flea market.  PERFECTION!

There is so much more, so many wonderful quilts.  You’ll find them in the video below.  Click to play:


I can't wait for our reunion in 2020 to see the Wanderlust Finishes from last week's 5+ days workshop time!


20180307_083411

Boardwalk to the beach.

20180307_084918

Can you feel the peace of this place?

FullSizeR1

Wondering if these wonderful gals have recovered yet! LOL!

Back to reality – I have a phone emergency.

My phone battery is no longer holding a charge, and I am off to find a place that will replace my battery while I wait today.  It’s got to be fixed by tomorrow night at the latest – I have a big trip Monday morning!

I’m thinking of a Quilt-Cam tomorrow afternoon – Sunday, 2pm.  I’ll let you know in tomorrow morning’s post if it is going to be feasible or not.

IMG_20180310_081451_920000_wm

Quiltville Quote of the Day.

Santa Fe String Star from String Fling shared during last month’s Virginia workshops.

Sometimes plans can be interrupted by stumbles and hiccups and even large roadblocks, but it doesn't have to be the end of the journey!

Have a lovely Saturday, everyone!


8 comments:

  1. Love the Drop-in Show n Share. Many versions of your patterns. Garden Party was fun@Royal Ridge. I have to get stitching on it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are incredible! You just got back from a long teaching journey, you have another book coming out in December, many quilts in progress, you are leaving again on monday and you are considering a Quilt Cam tomorrow? I don't know how you do it! You are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie, I was so pleased that so many of 'your' quilts were showed at Empty Spools! I got to explain Leaders and Enders at the lunch table. Hope your phone gets a new battery! Beth in AZ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw shucks, Debbie & I and all the staff at C&T love working with you. And they were all agog at my huge quilt. Thanks for your Mystery Quilt inspirations and for all the tips for scrap use in your book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. So much talent and LOVE put in all the quilts.
    Amazing!! Sending lots of energy and phone vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous quilts! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really likes your blog! You have shared the whole concept really well and very beautifully soulful read!Thanks for sharing.
    หนังชีวประวัติ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing Bonnie, I am so envious of your wonderful time in California.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)