>>>>

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

March Quilty Box Gift-Away (And Quilt-Cam, Too!)

IMG_20180321_094636_485000
I woke up this morning to a winter wonderland that should NOT be happening in North Carolina at the end of March.

Seriously, North Carolina!  I would expect this kind of shenanigan to happen in Chicago, but HERE?

However, after spending the past 2 days at my desk, I’m READY and raring for a SNOW day SEW day – and I hope you’ll join me at 2pm Eastern via my Quiltville Facebook Page for some Snowy March Quilt-Cam fun. 

To make things even MORE excitable today, Our March Quilty Box arrived while I was in Illinois, and it’s full of Elizabeth Hartman goodness!

Here are some highlights to keep in mind:
  • Quilty Box is a monthly subscription box of fun quilting supplies. We offer plans from $44-48/mo.
  • 5% of the profits of multi-month subscriptions are donated to Quilts for Kids - a non-profit which donates quilts for children in need
  • Each month we have 4 or more products (fabric, patterns, thread, or notions)
  • Our retail value of the products in the box is always more than $60
  • April's Quilty Box Featured Artist will be Shayla Wolf   from https://Sassafras-lane.com/
  • The next Quilty Box will ship around April 11th. Subscribers will need to purchase before April 10th to receive this shipment.
  • We will be using the hashtags #QuiltyBox and #GetQuilty
Your support is appreciated. If you have any questions or comments don't hesitate to contact me.

Get Quilty!

Patrick Claytor, CEO
patrick@quiltybox.com

Elizabeth is well known for her patchwork critters and creatures, creating many quilt patterns inspired by nature from woodland nature to the deep blue sea and more.  But though you are likely aware of Elizabeth’s charming designs, I bet you DIDN’T know that she is also the founder of the Portland Modern Quilt Guild!

20180321_092947

Ooh, Ahh, Sew Much Fun!

20180321_093048

Terrarium by Elizabeth Hartman for Robert Kaufman Fabric!

This collection feature succulents, plants, and even a little fawn.  These prints create dynamic depths and tones, perfect for showcasing Elizabeth’s whimsical animal patterns she is so well known for.

No need for a greenhouse, these fabrics will never need to be watered, and will always bloom!

The fabric kit in this month's Quilty Box will make this sweet Elizabeth Hartman design:

20180321_093520

Jade & Cotton Tail pattern included!

The Jade and Cottontail pattern is included in the Bundles of Inspiration magazine that comes inside your Quilty Box, full of news, tips, tricks, and goodies.  It’s a different issue every month, right inside your box.

20180321_093140-001

Also included!

Aurifil thread
Glow-Line tape by Omnigrid
That Purple Thang
Machine Oil (I love this applicator!)

We will be drawing for TWO lucky winners, one to receive the full sized Quilty Box above, and one to receive this month’s Quilty Box Mini!

20180321_093810

Quilt Box Mini!

Quilty Box Mini doesn’t cut corners. With everything you need to advance as a quilter and nothing you don’t, the Quilty Box Mini is perfect for the quilter who enjoys the process of quilting: cutting, piecing and “solving the puzzle” that we’ve heard so many of you describe as “The joy and inspiration” behind why you quilt.

This month’s Mini includes a charm pack of Terrarium fabric. 
A free pattern for an easy baby quilt is included, along with the Bundles of Inspiration Magazine (including the pattern for Elizabeth’s Jade & Cottontail) and a spool of Aurifil thread.

So many goodies, ready for SPRING – and yet it is still snowing outside!

Who wants to win?



Our two winners will be drawn this Sunday evening, March 25th! Good luck, everyone!



Click to Play:


And while this continues to blanket my world with white outside, I’ll be seeing you in Facebook Live at 2pm Eastern for some Quilt-Cam fun!

IMG_20180321_080446_380000_wm

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

I am searching for ways to divide and conquer and get more of the important stuff done in my life, letting some of the other things go. You can't do it all, and do it successfully.

This would be a great topic for Quilt-Cam as well!  I’ll see you there.

Have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone!


11 comments:

  1. Love your QuiltCam weekday afternoons. No interruptions from the Hungry Hubby! Thanks for all you do for the Quilters!! You share so much, glad you are taking Cabin time for YOU! Sorry about the snow... It's in my forecast too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting to have a midweek midday Quiltcam when I'm actually "working from home"!
    I feel like I'm playing hooky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yipee, I'm going to escape some of the yard work going on today -- leaf plucking from the ice plants and re-mulching. Grateful for a cool/not so hot day to accomplish. Super grateful for NO snow!! BUT, I will be stopping to tune in for Quilt Cam! Thank you for doing this for us today. Letting go . . . no is a powerful word. When I learned it was enough on its own to say, with no follow up or explanation, life became much simpler. Hugs, Allison C Bayer, Plano, Texas USA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering if snow was in your forecast. A lot of rain here today on the Central coast of CA. Perfect time for Quilt Cam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:57 PM EDT

    String piecing by hand? I do only hand work (as long as my hands can take it). Do you think that it is possible to do string piecing by hand? Would I need foundation paper? I love a phrase I heard you say once: “I like to make great big quilts with tiny little pieces.” I totally agree. I am making a king-sized log cabin with 1/2” finished logs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We woke up to snow too, which means the big hairy beast doesn't want to come in!!! I call him in, he lays down and promptly rolls over on his back, all four legs waving in the air! Big goof ball! I did make a point to do a little sewing today and I'm looking forward to your quilt cam tomorrow!!! But with hubby home I may miss it :( Stay warm!!!
    Thanks for all you do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You all are so lucky to be having snow!!! We dont get any here where I live!! But it is raining and has been since last evening, just lovely soft drizzle. I love it. It is also my second son's birthday so wish I could have spent it with him, but he is having a lovely day out with his brothers and sister in law!! We will celebrate tonight though!!So no quilting for me today! Enjoy your snow and your quilting today ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THat mini quilty box is up my alley. Thank you for the opportunity to win it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is Jade & Cottontail pattern available to buy somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Working on "Garlic Knots", my third Bonnie Hunter quilt.
    Bonnie, I have learned so much from you. Bonnie is the "B E S T "!!!
    Sure would love to win the Mini Box. Thanks for all you do for us quilters.

    ReplyDelete
  11. rabbits are one of mt favorite things! i would love to make those bunnies!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)