>>>>

Tuesday, October 09, 2018

Tropical Twisting Away in the Rain!

20181008_093353

Check out what we did yesterday!

I met with the Omaha Quilters Guild in Papillion, Nebraska for a Tropical Twist workshop from my book Addicted to Scraps!

Of course, this rainy wet Monday in October was anything BUT tropical, but we could imagine that it was rain on palm trees in some place far away with sand and sea.

And I was just bursting with happiness to be back doing what I love so much – teaching and getting to know these quilters one by one.

20181008_114658

There was much sewing of strip sets in any color you choose!

20181008_221638

Pressing it out at ironing stations!

20181008_221432

Slicing, dicing and adding corners came next!

Oooohhhhh!  PERFECT for HALLOWEEN!

20181008_221514

Chaining along with those tropical blues -

20181008_221114

Well done, ladies!

20181008_151945

And before we knew it, we ALMOST had a quilt!

20181008_222328

Thank you so much, ladies!

Check out the rest of our day – Click to Play!


When all was packed up and packed out, a few of us headed out to grab some grub at a near by  Texas Roadhouse.

October 08, 2018 at 05_51PM

A bad selfie, but a great meal!

And we do it all again today with a Box Kite workshop also from the Addicted to Scraps book – followed by tonight’s guild presentation.  A double duty day of much fun ahead!

Also –  Our Nov/Dec ‘18 Quiltmaker Bundle Gift-Away is getting closer to ending!  Be sure you get your entry in BEFORE tomorrow night at 7pm eastern time when entries close.  Click HERE if you haven’t done it yet.

Tomorrow I’ll be off to Lincoln, and yes including a visit to the Quilt Museum! After that I’ll be safely in the hands of group #2 on this whirlwind Nebraska tour –The Prairie Pioneer Quilters of Grand Island!

IMG_20181009_064422_762000_wm

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

It can be uncomfortable to face skills that aren't up to our own expectations when trying something new.

It's not going to be perfect the first time, or maybe even the second, but this is how growth happens!

Sometimes things first have to turn out wrong before we can learn to make them fabulous!

Make gloriously wonderful messy mistakes!


Have a terrific Tuesday, everyone!


9 comments:

  1. Today's quote is perfect for the students in my Basic Quiltmaking (beginners) class! Not one perfect block made by any of the 6 students, but I've promised them every future block will be better than the last, and it is by our mistakes we learn the most. The important thing is to have fun along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear about your visit to the Quilt Museum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today's quote comes at the perfect time. For several years I have made a quilted piece (from bags to twin size quilts) for every family member for both their birthday and Christmas. This has grown to about 24 pieces each year. I keep nothing for myself and I have little time to learn something new. This year's Christmas gifts will include a note that I'm taking 2019 off for an Education Year, with the hope that 2020 will result in even better gifts. I'm sure my initial efforts will not be gift-worthy, but practice makes perfect, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Thank You Bonnie for the reminder to be patient about our skill expectations and just keep on going!! I truly appreciate the timely comments! I'm working hard to meet a deadline for the Guild's charity boutique and am battling stencil work with my walking foot & FMQ - perhaps because I am rushing - I'm doing the jerky stitch dance... :( Do I rip it out?...no time is of the essence... ok I'll just keep on going and keep my eye on the deadline :) Have a fun day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty block! I love the mixed colors when you laid everyone's blocks altogether! That would be a beautiful quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this block. Once I retire I may have to get Addicted to Scraps and see what I can make. Thanks for sharing. Looks like a big class and everyone was having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I still lived in Omaha!!! Looks like a great group and alot of fun.I'm going to have to get Addicted to Scraps and make some of the beautiful quilts I've seen. What a blessing to have Bonnie there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are so excited to have you in Grand Island! The Pink Ladies will be there with bells on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love today's quote. I have branched out to more complicated blocks lately, and they were less than perfect. I haven't given up though.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)