>>>>

Friday, October 26, 2018

October ‘18 Quilty Box Gift-Away!


Guess what time it is?!

I awoke to rain falling heavily on the cabin’s tin roof overhead – “Can’t I just snuggle in a while longer?” I asked my sleepy self – and then I remembered!

We have a Quilty Box and Quilty Box Mini to gift away, and this post needs to go up fairly early this morning as I have invited company coming to meet me at Quiltville Inn.  In the rain. In the dreary cold, dismal – no wait – change that.  In the warm and cozy surroundings inside the inn, now that we got the gas fireplaces in the Quilting Quarters working and warming the space! 

So let’s get on with this – because this month’s Quilty Box includes a fat quarter pack of fabric that has me over the moon – and stars!

What is a Quilty Box?

Here are some highlights to keep in mind:
  • Quilty Box is a monthly subscription box of fun quilting supplies. We offer plans from $44-48/mo.
  • 5% of the profits of multi-month subscriptions are donated to Quilts for Kids - a non-profit which donates quilts for children in need
  • Each month we have 4 or more products (fabric, patterns, thread, or notions)
  • Our retail value of the products in the box is always more than $60
  • We will be using the hashtags #QuiltyBox and #GetQuilty
Your support is appreciated. If you have any questions or comments don't hesitate to contact me.
Get Quilty!

Patrick Claytor, CEO
Quilty Box

Subscribe today at Quiltybox.com 

I LOVE the fact that 5% of the profits go to Quilts for Kids!  It’s a win win all the way around!


20181026_075436

Just take a look!

20181026_075733

“Wonder” fat quarter bundle!

“Wonder” by Carrie Bloomston for Windham Fabrics is a bright collection inspired by summery, playful imagery.  It is full of textures and designs including stacked triangles, elegant butterflies and colorful bicycles and stars – and in each there are glimpes of text – a favorite!

20181026_075839

Bobbinator and pre-filled bobbins from Wonderfil Thread!

Sewline Glue Pen.

20181026_080127

Carrie’s Wonky Little Houses quilt pattern!

20181026_075804

With full size pattern sheets for 3 different kinds of houses.

20181026_080056

All about Carrie!

Artist, designer, teacher, author and creativity enabler, Carrie Bloomston is a wonder!  She paints BIG abstract paintings, designs fun patterns and whimsical fabric collections, wrote a best selling and breathtakingly beautiful inspirational self-help-through-art-and-craft book, leads creativity workshops for adults and teaches art classes for kids, all while raising her family.

Learn more about Carrie on her WEBSITE.

And there is more to read in the Bundles of Inspiration Magazine that comes with the October Quilty Box!

Along with the full sized box, we are also giving away a Quilty Box Mini:

20181026_080009

Including a charm pack of Carrie’s WONDER collection
A Wonder Runner pattern by Jeni Baker for Quilty Box
A spool of beautifully variegated neutral Wonderfil thread.

il_1140xN.1535144097_lk73

Charm pack includes these lovely prints!

Who is ready to throw their name in the hat for either one of these lovelies?

Entries will close at 11:55pm on October 31st, Halloween Night!

Good luck, everyone!

Other things to keep in mind about this date – Can anyone guess what Halloween is also for??

Be watching this blog for the release of our Quiltville Winter Mystery 2018 introductory post!  I will be presenting the name, theme, inspiration, colors and yardage requirements right here.  You won’t want to miss it.  Let Mystery Season begin!

20181025_184857

Heading over to the inn to start up these fire places!

Next thing on the “must find” list are two mesh screens to cover the openings so that wild quilters won’t be throwing scraps (or blocks requiring un-sewing) anywhere near an open flame!

October 26, 2018 at 07_11AM

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

(Don’t you love that sashing fabric? LOL!)

Basket quilt found in Salem, VA.

Keep yourself so busy that there is no scope for negativity, and no room for comparison!

Just blossom at your own pace, in your own space.

Much love to you on this rainy Friday -



30 comments:

  1. LOVE those fireplaces!!! Looking forward to one day seeing/visiting the Quiltville Inn! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnie - I'm looking forward to Halloween for another reason - getting a new hip on that very day! I'll be spending my recovery time dreaming and planning after sending my husband out to pick up the paint chips for inspiration. By the time you release the first clue, I'll be good to sew! Thanks for all that you do for the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes! SEW looking forward to the first step of the next mystery! Loving the fall weather out here, xo Love all you contribute to us, Cats from Carlsbad, CA

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fireplace looks so cosy , perfect on a rainy day . Looking forward to Halloween 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading about all your classes & the exciting things happening at Quiltville! Love your quilts too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Winter, Spring, Summer and Bonnie Hunter Mystery Season :0) Counting down the days ! Thanks so much Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow...awesome quilty box giveaway! oh those little houses...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have one in my basement famiky room. It is so cozy and warm

    ReplyDelete
  9. Feeling like I need a fireplace this chilly morning in Northern Utah. Someday I will make it back east and live the dream of a big old place in the woods on some acreage. Till then I will sit back and stitch a few other mysteries while waiting for the mother of all mysteries to start next week! Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anticipating your next Mystery Quilt. Entered my Grand Illution Quilt" in the SC State Fair and proud to say I won a Blue ribbon. Thanks for your amazing instrutions and my niece Christy's longarm quilting. It was my first scrapy quilt and now I'm hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our gas fireplace in the living/dining is the main heat source. A flip of the switch on damp mornings gives instant heat. The sun provides warmth for the rest of the day almost year-round. Great when there's a power outage! I'm sure Quiltville Inn will become a destination place on many Bucket Lists!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do I have to have a URL, or pay a fee to be eligible for the Quilty Boxes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go back and read the text above the blue button embedded in the page.

      Delete
  13. Dear Bonnie,
    It will warm your heart to know that there were 8 Bonnie Hunter-inspired quilts among the 125+ quilts on display at Brandywine Valley Quilters’ quilt show this past weekend in Brookhaven, PA! 2 Allietare, one En Provence, one Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll, two On Ringo Lake and two (finally completed UFOs!!) Scrappy Bargello from the workshop you presented when you visited BVQ in October, 2012! Thank you for inspiring us to make wonderful scrappy quilts! Sending hugs from Wilmington, Delaware...-Lil Koster

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so looking forward to the Mystery quilt! This will be my 5th year participating! Several of my close friends are now participating! Excitement is in the air!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for another opportunity to win a quilting goody. I see I should x some ads. Did not know that. I usually just glance and move on.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bonnie, I know you’re coming to WV to teach. I have an antique quilt holder I want to give you for your inn. Do you think you will have room in your car for it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet, if you see this message, please email me at Quiltville@gmail.com :)

      Delete
  17. Hi Bonnie, wish you could come to Australia and teach!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This blog was full of good news. Finally, I have a reason to look forward to Halloween! I am just finishing up Ringo Lake from last year so I will be ready! Thank you Bonnie for your love and generosity.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope I win, I hope I win... : ) Thank you as always for your wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oops, I will follow the instructions now for entering the Quilty Box giveaway! I got a little ahead of myself! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the quilt from Salem. Why can't I put such disparate colors together and have it look so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you Bonnie! Stay warm and dry!
    Much love! Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful quilty boxes and your fireplace looks so inviting it’s 9 centigrade here in Guernsey brrrr
    Quilty hugs
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Counting down to Halloween, my daughter is thinking of sewing along this year.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Another cheerful and generous giveaway - Thanks! And the inn is looking very cozy with those fireplaces going. Stay warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have always loved fall and Halloween but now I love it more for the mystery quilt
    info that will be posted!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This will be my first mystery quilt with you Bonnie, hope I can keep up.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)