>>>>

Friday, May 20, 2016

Some Sewing, Some Shopping, Some Show & Sharing!

20160519_103127-1
I’ve had plenty of time to work some stitching into my visit with the Pride of the Prairie Quilters of Plainfield, Illinois!

I am working on those Scrappy Mountain Majesties blocks, thanks to a loaner 301 and the card table to go with it provided by Cheryl!

She even included a mascot to keep me company.  See the little punk troll? 

So fun!

Mona and I had started working on these blocks together, and if you remember, her top is all ready for quilting and I am behind as I have been working on other deadlines.


20160518_193821-001 

I spent some time slicing the big triangles down while here!

Now that everything is sliced and diced, I just need to spend some time rearranging the strips and sewing them back to each other.

But not like this:

20160519_153424-1

Ooops!

Looks like there should have been a nap!

But I opted for some of this:

20160519_125858

The Fabric Center in Morris, IL!

Actually, we came for lunch at Letty Mae’s Tea Room, and then shopped our way up the street to The Fabric Center. Great lunch, fun company and vintage-y decor.  PERFECT!

20160519_125255

Ooooh Fabric!

See the gal holding the quilt top in the far right of the photo?  She works here!  And when I saw her carrying that quilt top around, I just HAD to see what it was:

20160519_125158

Oh, my bleeping four patch!

The story goes that her mom WON all of these 4 patch blocks in a swap….a bazillion and a half of them at least because there are more that didn’t make it into this quilt.

The daughter, shown here, has stolen the top, plans to get it quilted and bound and on her mom’s bed before the mom even knows that it is missing.  Isn’t it fun to be let in on such shenanigans of a quilty nature?

20160519_125041

I had a great time poking around the store, and I found myself in fat quarter sale heaven.  I just can’t pass up a $1.75 fat quarter, can you?


They even facebooked us!

If you make it to Morris, IL you’ll have to stop at The Fabric Center, and definitely give Letty Mae’s a try for lunch too! You won’t be sorry!

20160519_185704

Last night’s full house!

20160519_185734

Sneaking myself into the photo!

It was fun meeting everyone who had come from near and far.  Some from Indiana, some from Wisconsin as well.  What a great evening!

Show and share was amazing and I caught the many Quiltville quilts in the slide show below:



 And that brings us to NOW!  Where I am getting ready to head out to a Happily Scrappily Irish workshop back out at Roberts Sewing Center, followed by a fun evening out with my friend Valerie who owns The Quilt Merchant in Naperville. 

The quilters who live in this part of Illinois have so many shops available to them!  How LUCKY!

There is NO chance of fabric withdrawal on this trip!

5_20_2016

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Everything we do in this life creates ripples that affect others. Let your ripples be positive ones! Tumelo Trail quilt from my book Scraps & Shirttails II.

It’s FRIDAY!  Make it a good one!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

5 comments:

  1. We got a binus quote of the day in your introduction of the quote of the day! "Everything we do in this life creates ripples that affect others. Let your ripples be positive ones!" Thanks, Bonnie. I'm enjoying IL through your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the quilt show slide show. It is so nice to see what everyone is creating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the slideshow -- it reminded me of how many of your quilts I want to make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:41 AM EDT

    How much fun! So many fabrics and quilts. (Hope her mom doesn't read your blog and see about the surprise.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beauty and what talent!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)