>>>>

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

H’s to the FINISH!

20160525_062940
There are days when you put off writing the blog so that you can finish the quilting, and get some photos in!

The Quilt is Calling and I Must Obey!

Actually, it was one of those “The birds are calling at 5:45am and now you are awake.”  I have a sneaking suspicion that there WILL be a nap this afternoon. 

I was so wound up after last night’s Quilt-Cam that it was hard to settle in and fall asleep….so extra short night, last night.

Whatever the reasons, I came down to the studio extra early and finished the quilting on the H quilt!  Can you see the H’s that found their way on to the backing in the above photo?  This is just as they were rolled up and visible on the take up bar as the quilt was advanced to the next area.  So much fun!

I’m really glad I took the time to do these….even though it DID take time, it was so worth it.

20160524_123405-002

Another favorite flamingo block.

With bicycles! Weeee!

20160525_093003

Trimmed and waiting for binding!

There was really too much shade on the deck to get a good photo.  It looks washed out.  And there was much too much sun in the yard, that wouldn’t have been great either.  But I do like the effect of the front shining through the back as I took this photo:

20160525_093053

COOL!

20160525_093242

Much better off the machine inside.

20160525_093254

So much scrappy fun!

And now on to the binding.

20160524_114705

We are going flaming orange!

It must be a theme:

20160525_065319-001

There is plenty of orange in these Garlic Knots blocks!

Link to pattern found under the Addicted to Scraps tab at the top of the blog.

20160524_115450

And these string pumpkins I unearthed yesterday while digging in the orange string bin.

20160524_115539

There are 15 of these – and I had completely forgotten about them!

20160525_065444

So I think I’ll make some more!

You know what it’s like.  One project is complete, so we must ramp up two more in its place?

No pattern available yet. Quilt still in progress.  Stating this just because someone will ask where the pattern is, and there isn't one until there is a quilt.  Maybe for next book down the pipeline.

I’m either heading to the cabin this evening or tomorrow. I’m not sure yet.  We’ll see how the day unfolds.  I also have THIS on my plate:

20160524_134142-002

The PDF printout of my book arrived!

I need a nice quiet restful place to go over this with a fine toothed comb to make sure we caught everything and it is JUST RIGHT.  I have a deadline for turning it in.  I thought it might be nice to go through this while sitting in a rocking chair on my front porch at the cabin.  The more I write about it, the more I am agreeing with myself. 

I’ll let you know what I find out!

5_25_2016

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Try removing any of these three from the equation and see how far you get! They all work together to get us where we are.

Vintage applique quilt found by Marie in a thrift store near Peterborough Ontario.  Don’t you just love that minty green??

Have a lovely Wednesday, everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

23 comments:

  1. Have a great time at the cabin! I'm heading to my cabin in Vermont today, and I plan to sew all weekend, as I haven't touched my machine in the two weeks since my daughter came home from college. I deserve a few days of stitching fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this quilt! It's so fun and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the bright colors in the quilt and the black and white sashing really sets it off.
    Enjoy your time at the cabin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the scrappyness of your quilts.if you dont have a big stash, is there a rule of thumb on how to figure the number of diferent fabrics you will need

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love love the "H" quilt. That sashing totally set off those blocks!! I can't wait to make this quilt too, it's now on my to do list. Thanks Bonnie for all your ideas. I sure helps those of us that can't come up with them on our own. Enjoy your time on that porch!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great job you did at the H quilt, I love it!
    greetings Conny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your plan sounds just fabulous! I'm seeking out the Panto for that quilting. I have a few Quilt tops to get in the DONE list. I put a Hanging sleeve on when I bind my quilts too. That way the Quilt Show helpers know which way is UP. Have a good weekend at Quiltvilla! Thanks for QuiltCam last night.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's always fun to see a fabric that I have in one of your quilts! Love all your quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the final product. Don't think I would have been brave enough to try this on my own until I had seen how fun the finshed quilt looks. Never was much of a scrappy person until I started following your blog and Facebook pages. Thank you for all you do for us quilters, Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great quilt for the Hunter family. The orange binding will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Peterborough! My home town - hope to go back this fall. I love the H quilt, I think I'm going to make myself a "T" one. I can't wait to get your newest book, I just got the notice that the ones I ordered last week are in and ready for pickup across the border in Sumas, WA.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love your "H" quilt. the black and white sashing and border set the quilt off beautifully. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats for the "H" quilt finish! I love the antique quilt AND the quotation for today. I copied it on a 3 x 5 card for future motivation and attitude adjustment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Bonnie! I love your "H" quilt...but I love this quilt with pinwheels even more! I can't wait for the pattern with pinwheels!! Hey, I heard you were from Minnesota originally. Is that true, or not? I'm MN born and raised, living in NE St. Paul, MN. Enjoy your time at the cabin! :)

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful H quilt and that orange binding will pop against the black & white sashing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your quilt is gorgeous what a happy colors. You did a fantastic job Bonnie.Love the backing also. Like your Pumpkins blocks and looking forward How that Will turn out. You are a true inspiration to us all. Enjoy your time at the cabin.
    Have a wonderful weekend and happy quilting!!!!!!
    Yoka Bazilewich

    ReplyDelete
  17. Get some much needed rest at the cabin. Good luck on the proofing :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your flaming orange binding! When I first started quilting 10 years ago, my mentor called orange "the quilter's dreaded orange", but I love it and use a lot of it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's so "Bonnie!" I love the H quilt. I'm 72 now, but I'm sure I never had your energy when I was 2. You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your quilts they are always so inspirational. The quote today is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your quilts they are always so inspirational. The quote today is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the H quilt right when I say I am not going to start another project Bonnie inspires me to Just do it. I have to run out and get the magazine that you are on the cover of too.


    Keep up the great work. I love your blog. I need to catch up on the most recent CAM I missed it .

    Have a wonderful time at the Cabin.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)