>>>>

Monday, May 09, 2016

A Grand Evening of Show & Share!

20160508_154548
My busy little bees on day 1 of Grand Illusion!

Breaking down a quilt into two full days of sewing pleasure meant we were taking our time, examining our habits, finding areas that we could improve as far as cutting, seam allowance, and construction methods and enjoying our day!

It seemed like we just got started, and it was time for lunch.

It seemed like we had just gotten back from lunch and it was time to pack it in for the day!

That old times flies thing, you know?

Most of the photos from our 2-day sessions for Grand Illusion and Midnight Flight will be shown AFTER the second day of classes, so in the interim, I’m going to throw in what else was going on at the hotel during our day!


20160508_153545


Busy quilters in Bill Kerr’s class auditioning fabrics!

20160508_153712

What a lovely vintage Riccar!

20160508_153515

They are having a great time!

20160508_144452

Woolie stitchers in Carmen’s class!

MEK2

Mary Elizabeth Kinch’s room stitching wonderfully small stuff!

20160508_155708

A special visitor!

Joanne Gray is a quilter from Sault Ste Marie, Michigan who happened to be here at the Grand for another event, and she brought her mini Grand Illusion in to class to meet me and show me what she had done making less units, in all half-size!  How fun is this?

20160508_160042-001

Check out her label!  VERY COOL!

The only thing I would add is to sign it with your own signature on there somewhere.  I love this idea!

20160508_155752

Thanks for stopping by, Joanne!

Many of the students were traveling from far away and didn’t have room in their luggage for big quilts, but the show and share we had was amazing!



The last photo, a student caught me doing MY show and share of the completed hexie quilt top that I brought as class sample for my hexie workshop.  I didn't get any of the other teacher show & share as I was standing in line off stage waiting to show mine.  I hope someone got those photos, if they get them to me I will share them too.

Today we start round 2 of Grand Illusion moving on to those fun stitch –n-flip double diamond units.  Star blocks will be happening by afternoon and the full show of Grand Illusion class photos will happen tomorrow morning.

Something else I forgot.  To draw for our winners for the 100 blocks volume 13 giveaway!  LOL!  Just too much going on here, I’ll see about doing that tonight.  Bear with me!

5_9_2016

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

When was the last time you caught a sunrise? Being a morning person, watching the sunrise fills me with gratitude for the new day ahead. Opportunities are like that, don't let them pass you bye!
 
Vintage ocean waves quilt found in Michigan.
 
Have a lovely Monday, everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for allowing me to experience the stitching fest vicariously. Hoping to get there someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Show and shares are amazing, colourful and creative

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:46 AM EDT

    Absolutely adorable young lady helping hold the quilts for show and share!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only good thing about starting work at 6:30 am is catching the sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Show and Share! The little gal in the black and white dress helping is sure cute too. I hope she is learning about quilts and is a future quilter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing your love and knowledge of quilts with everyone and anyone. Your reach in the world is so wide and I am glad to be a part of it. I was down in your neck of the woods yesterday. Waynesville, NC where my sister lives. I thought of you the whole time.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)