>>>>

Thursday, November 08, 2012

iPhone-o-Gram! A Capitol Day!

After a good night sleep and an early morning of sewing scrappy goosy blocks, I threw myself in the van and headed downtown to go see the Florida State Capitol building.



I love how you can see the new modern capital building standing tall and proud behind the old Capitol building which now serves as a museum.




There is something so spookily eerie about moss hanging from the tall live oak trees with their gnarly twisted branches.




These statues line the walkway outside of the history Museum :-)
I passed them on my way from the car park to the state capital.


I love looking up inside of the dome! Stainglass reflects the light I can just imagine what it was like beginning in the 1800s.

There is more exploring to do! Got a few hours to play before meeting up with the guild ladies for dinner and setting up for tonight's lecture and trunk show.

Great day to be in Florida :-) I'm enjoying the sunshine immensely well I know so many of you are buried white stuff :-)

Location:Apalachee Pkwy,Tallahassee,United States

2 comments:

  1. Glad you made it to the capital.. Making me homesick. Moved to Alabama ,but really love tally..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm from Florida, but never spend any time near Tallahassee. We lived in Naples, which is in the southwest part of the state. Thanks for the mini tour of the capital!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)