>>>>

Thursday, November 01, 2012

Mid-day Agenda!

November 1st.  Bye bye, October!  The halloween quilt that was displayed over the longarm as a backdrop to QuiltCam last night has been folded and put away and my more autumn colored “Love on a Shoestring Budget”  quilt now resides on the dining room table with some quilted pumpkins made from vintage over-dyed cutter quilts.  I love my dining room – it’s more a nook than anything, but it is a very cozy place to be!

Remember Yard Sale Saturday?  I’ve been far too busy and far too gone to continue with it at present  Suzanne at http://www.coloradolady.blogspot.com/ has offered to host it!

So if you have anything to list THIS Saturday, ((Yes two days from now)) start pulling, pricing and writing your blog post.  Suzanne will post the linky and I’ll give a shout out here for everyone to go over there.  If you need to contact Suzanne with questions, email her here: smelkoski@yahoo.com

Yard Sale Saturday generally runs the first Saturday of each month, and I really enjoyed it.  Perhaps I'll find a few things to list and include as well on Saturdays that I am home.

Have fun with it!  Move some stuff out!  I had a great time doing it, life just got too crazy to host it and I wasn’t home enough Saturdays.  Too much on my plate!

house 092

This is the other side of the dinging room.  It’s also where I fill book orders!  And that’s where I’m heading now…the post office opens back up after lunch at 1pm and I intend to be there with books to be mailed.

From there ---I’m off to pick up the Pink Atlas! It’s DONE with its rewiring job! 

Anyone up for QuiltCam tonight?  Look for me about 9pm – this day is going swimmingly and I think I’ll have all my ducks in a row and the van packed for tomorrow’s retreat in West Virginia.  Not sure whether I’ll be treadling tonight –I just might.  The moth in a window blocks are going with me to retreat and will already be packed up and ready to roll ---

Bring a project and come hang out!

18 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:32 PM EDT

    A gorgeous room and beautiful quilts displayed! Would love a room like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilt ladder! I am going to have to beg my DH to make one for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be there :0) sewing with you tonight, but I think I'd rather be in your dining room it looks very cozy indeed.

    Have a good one, I'm cleaning out closets and drawers betting ready to sell out house.

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  4. My terp job tonight was cancelled (for the rest of the semester) so I just might get to catch you on QuiltCam tonight! WHOOOT WHOOT! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurrah for quilt cam! It's my favorite show!

    Love the dining room! Your such a blessed and wealthy lady indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so love the dining room! Looks like a wonderful room to display so many quilty things. Quilt cam sounds perfect for tonight! Will give me a chance to finish piecing Pineapple Blossom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to know, what is a over-dyed cutter quilt? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your dining room. Will try to catch you on quilt Cam.-Gale

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did the bone density scan go?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Bonnie, Which quilt is the one behind your blog? I can just see the edges and I see it briefly when the page load. I know I have seen it somewhere at quiltville but I can't remember where...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would like to know about the quilt ladder too. Is it an antique find?, a real ladder?, or something you made?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your dining room and the creative ways you found to display your quilts! I'd come over for a cup of coffee anyday.
    Overdying vintage quilts....what a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love your quilt ladder! It looks wonderful in your gorgeous dining room with your beautiful quilts displayed all around! I want to be able to make quilts like that to be able to decorate my home. I appreciate what you do to teach me many different things such that I think I just might be able to do that! Thank you Bonnie :-)

    Tami in Aurora Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous9:24 PM EDT

    Hi Bonnie. Another night with you on quilt cam! Life is good. I am sewing the binding now runner made with the fine and porter hexie ruler. First time for me doing hexies. Even though they are not the real way!it is looking nice.
    I gave my scrap star quilt to my friend today and she cried, I am so happy when the receiver loves the quilt as much as I do!
    Thanks
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bonnie, I found out how to get the instructions for Easy Street.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So I finally got to pick up the most awesome stash of the century, a quiltlers lifetime stash, and I could not believe it, I have so many unfinished quilts!! Come to find out she was over 90 years old, lived through the depression, and WOW was this a lesson is all the fabrics you can use! I filled up my explorer, could not see out, still have another load to pick up sat., send your box soon Bonnie!!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)