>>>>

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Time-Out for a Free Kindle Book!

I’ve been sewing like a mad woman….even madder than normal! These stars have taken over the plans I had for my day, but they are so fun, easy and cute that I just can’t stop! Right now there are 11 of them all laying on top of the long arm machine rollers….shining like little star-pointed soldiers. Five more to go – I think I’ll stop at 16!

I just took a break and found a little goodie that sounded intriguing so I’m passing it on.

The Last Call, by George Wier is free today in the Kindle store.
Bill Travis, an unmarried, unattached investment counselor rapidly approaching his fortieth birthday, conceives that he may not live the most exciting of lives, yet Julie Simmons, his first appointment that Monday, is deeply in trouble.
She has taken a North Texas quarter horse racer and liquor baron named Archie Carpin--the last of a dynasty of criminals from the 1920's--for a ride and cleaned him out of a neat two million bucks. And thus begins the adventure of Bill’s life.
Ensues a chase north across Texas to recover the money and shake the pursuit of a couple of rednecks with a penchant for rifles and rigged explosives. Yet, through all this action the compelling tale of yet another mystery—an 80-year old missing person’s case—begins to unravel.
Sounds like a good action/mystery/whodunnit/intrigue, yeah?

Check to make sure it’s still free when ordering because they can change without any notice ---I just post them when I find something that I want to read myself!

I think my sewing afternoon is about to come to a halt. I went up to the kitchen to get a bowl of cereal for a snack a bit after 3pm, and lo and behold --- the MILK was gone! Don’t you hate that when you’ve already poured the cereal into the bowl? :c/

***Note to Self: Please file this under “Things to expect when a 21 yr old moves back home!” ***

We’ve got some packages to drop off at Fed-Ex. We’ll have to go get groceries – AGAIN! And since we are out and about, I think DH has in mind that we’ll just stop some where instead of waiting to come home to fix something.

But more blocks will be waiting tomorrow --- CUTE!! CUTE!! CUTE!!

9 comments:

  1. This sounds like another great recommendation! Thank you so much for sharing!

    *hugs*

    Debbie K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:16 PM EST

    Bonnie, you make me laugh. I love realizing that you are real people, just like us and it is fun to listen to you deal with life with your sense of laughter. Thank you for sharing everything about you. You are great!!!!

    carol.yonts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:20 PM EST

    Yup! That's what happens when a starving never can be filled up 21 year old comes home!! After you go to the store for more milk and whatever else has been polished off when you aren't looking, maybe you can convince him to take the trash out!!!!! Your stars sound like fun. I am up to my neck in these ittle bittle quarter square triangles I am making for a mystery quilt!!! 120 cut- only 324 to cut and then sewing frenzy begins :o) Joy in AK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:16 PM EST

    The next thing you'll see is that you go to the refrigerator for leftovers for tonight's dinner and they will be gone. My daughter is always going out for milk. My 6 year old granddaughter goes through a gallon in 2 1/2 days.
    Joyce in Dover, DE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some things never change, boys always seem to be bottomless pits and are always hungry. I'm sure that he appreciates being able to come home to get back on his feet again.
    Can hardly wait to see the baby quilt when you get the stars done. Love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you will show us the cute, cute, cute blocks tomorrow! I loved the first two.
    Thanks for the reminder--our 23-year-old moves home in 2 weeks. DH and I only keep a gallon of milk in the fridge at a time. After this I am remembering that unless I want to go to town every day or two I need to buy 3 gallons at a time. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie, you're such a great girl ! Thanks for doing the mystery, I'm enjoying it so much...Looking forward to tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm ALL for eating out ! ! !

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonnie, I have a Nook, but I've found that often the freebies on Kindle that you post are also free for Nook. This one was, and it looks good. So, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)