>>>>

Monday, November 21, 2011

Mystery Monday Link Up!!

We are doing a Linky thing on Mondays! Starting TODAY, those of you with blogs will be able to link to your post showing your Orca Bay progress every Monday throughout the mystery.

I knew NOTHING about these linky things, I’ve never ever entered one, only followed them on Judy’s blog for Design Wall Monday ((Good stuff there folks, be sure to check that out too today!)) and I’ve followed Jo’s when she had her Crumb-Along going.

So who did I go to for the ins and outs of linky things and which works best and how to do it? I had emails flying back and forth between BOTH Judy and Jo…and here I am, and we are trying it out!

Rules: There’s always rules! You can’t just link your post to your WHOLE BLOG. It has to be “POST SPECIFIC” So upload your post, then click on the title of your post to make the post address show up in the address bar at the top of your browser. Copy that. Paste THAT into the linky thing. This way people will be directed to the correct post on your blog! And PLEASE put a link back to MY BLOG in your post ---

I’m leaving this linky open for the week, until 11:59pm on Thursday, because FRIDAY our next step goes live and the following Monday you can show your stuff on the next linky day.

***NOTE*** You can link ANY progress of any step on any of the Mondays, you don’t have to just post part 1, or part 2 on specific Mondays….any progress is good progress, right?!

But before you go linking, or click to look at everyone’s links….I have something to share with you!

Hourglass-Triangle-Tips-p9

First off…my friend Linda Franz and I go way back to our early Dear Jane days ((Yes, I can even say back in the ‘90s because it was 1998 or 1999 when I first started that crazy journey!)) and she emailed me yesterday afternoon about doing a post for quarter square triangles with her Ink Lingo! Have you heard of Ink Lingo? Well, if not, it just might be the PERFECT technique for you! Click HERE to find out more.

She’s even offering a discount on the software for Quarter Square triangles….The pic at the beginning of this post AND the one above with Monkey were lifted from Linda’s Blog for emphasis! LOL! Thanks Linda!

Enjoy your Monday! I’ve got a fun afternoon planned! Lisa is coming to sew! YEAH! And I’ve got miles of binding to hand stitch down, so she’ll be good company for me.



22 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:52 AM EST

    Well... I don't have a blog... but I have an album on my facebook... So, here is the link to the album:

    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2255632119287.2110720.1502852411&type=1&l=46579bcdec

    I am excited to see what everyone has done so far!
    Jess, Tyler, TX
    itsnursejessi@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linking up is great! Had to remove the first attempt but it is working!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a wonderful idea! It is so nice for someone like me who is just "watching' I can learn some new tips and meet some new bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. have a nice day with Lisa, and hug her on my behalf for her nephew, she needs it!
    and not to forget: thank you for your new mystery! =^}
    from a still misty Amsterdam, love Irene

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was trying to find more blogs on the weekend that had your mystery. Mostly to see what colours everyone was using. This is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you throw around the technical jargon - linky thing! ;-)
    Thanks for adding this feature. Now I will have even more blogs to view each weeks - like I really need to spend more time in blogland. LOL
    Linda in Southern Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  7. great idea to link(y) these all together, it will be fun seeing all the different styles in one place. cw

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! How interesting to be able to pop over to the blogs of others doing the mystery. One small favor - I have proved again that I can't type - could you fix my typo in #9? Somehow an extraneous capital A got in the middle of "Calico". Thanks! I hate looking like an idiot! (And in case anyone is wondering, "The Calico Quilter" is AKA "Jan in TN" on the group.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great, I can now follow more blogs that do your mysteries! I really love seeing everyone's work come along...and look forward to the day when I read about how all of us number one Bonnie fans made every mystery way back when! You know this will be in a history book on quilting someday right? Thanks Bonnie! Andee in aZ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea. Now I can see I am not the only crazy one cutting tiny triangles for two days! Almost finished step 1!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have all the Ink Lingo stuff...
    But have not tried it yet.
    XOXOXO Subee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't this absolutely INCREDIBLE!???! I'm referring to the "Share a Link" button, of course!

    Even though I've never been to a quilting retreat, I imagine this is what it would be like... to visit each quilter's "spot" and chat with them a bit. *VBG*

    I will be uploading my progress, this evening and sharing my "link" as well.

    Tks! First EVER Mystery Quilt... 3-1/2 days into the game and I'm lovin' it!!!!

    Rosa Robichaud
    Saint John, New Brunswick
    Canada

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for the mystery and the link up. This is my first mystery and I am new to blogging. I am having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so much fun to see. It makes me wish I had a machine so I could participate.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the link-up for your msytery! Wow, there are some super sonic sewers out there, but I stick to my own pace.... Thanks so much for yet another beautiful (still unknown) design from you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the linky. I love seeing what everyone else is working on - I browsed a bunch of new (to me) blogs today. I was kind of hoping you'd pick Tuesday, not Monday for your linky (I need that extra incentive to post more often) but I'll adjust :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope I haven't done the wrong thing with my link. When I put the post title it seemed to think it was an error. So I just put the blog address (which it accepted) but you don't want. Now what? I would gladly resubmit if you tell me what I've done wrong. #55

    BTW, is anyone else having a problem clicking on the picture, or is it just my computer skills revealing themselves again?

    Anyway, the sewing skills have not yet deserted me. Thanks for the fun, Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So much fun taking part in the Mr Linky thing ... never done that before :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So fun with the linky-thing! I'll try to catch up with you ladies in a couple of days :o) Happy sewing,
    Laila

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous9:53 PM EST

    I love Inklingo and Linda is awesome. I have this collection and I'm happy to use it for this.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Having a blast doing those little triangle blocks. Only have 20 more to go, so I'm going to finish that up first before staring part #2.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a brilliant idea having the link. I've just sorted my fabric scraps (I'll attack those before getting into the fq's and anything bigger) and can't wait to start!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)