>>>>

Wednesday, November 09, 2011

MMMmmmmmm! Mulled Apple Cider!!


Yes, I know that I’m out floating about on a huge ship with fruity frozen umbrella drinks, listening to the music of Caribbean steel drum bands, etc--- but I’m thinking of you folks back home!

This recipe is REALLY yummy --- I think it’s the cranberries and the lemon juice & peel that do it, so don’t skimp out on those! 

The Holidays are quickly approaching and I definitely want my hands around a warm mug of this when I get home!

Mulled Apple Cider

Here is an easy recipe that will keep your tummy warm and leave your house smelling wonderful.

Ingredients

  • 1/2 gallon (roughly 2 liters) 100% apple juice or cider
  • 3-5 whole cinnamon sticks
  • 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
  • a handful of fresh or frozen cranberries (optional)
  • 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • strips of lemon peel (yellow part only, optional)

Directions

  1. Pour the apple juice into a large pot on the stovetop (or in a small crockpot, set on Low or High, depending on when you want to drink your cider).
  2. Add the cinnamon sticks, cloves, and cranberries when the juice starts boiling, and simmer for at least 30 minutes.
  3. About 15 minutes before it’s finished simmering, add the lemon juice and strips of lemon peel.

When ready to drink, pour the hot cider into mugs, straining out the spices, cranberries, and lemon peel.

Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. I want the mugs,too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sipping some right now. Oh, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:38 PM EST

    I can smell it right now. Thanks Bonnie.
    Maryella in Maine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delicious....can almost smell it now lol. Makes me anxious for the holidays now; but have been enjoying unusually warm New England days this last week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing this Bonnie. I am having a large picnic at our house tomorrow and was contemplating making this completely from scratch with fresh apples. I think this has saved some of my sanity and certainly a lot of my time!! Now I think I will have time to sew tonight! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having a soup chowder dinner party this evening and wanted a great recipe for apple cider as a warm up presentation.This is it!!Thanks so much for posting it.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)