>>>>

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

An Off to Ohio Gift-Away!

qmgiftaway
I’m at the airport ready to head off to Ohio this morning bright and early.

I spent yesterday in a blur – driving home from Virginia, getting 125 orders out the door (More than half were dropped at the post office yesterday, the rest will be taken in today thanks to family help.) packing up the trunk show quilts, doing some laundry, re-packing my suitcase and getting ready to go.

While I was gone to California a couple copies of Quiltmaker’s Reader Favorites arrived on my doorstep.

I didn’t get a chance to even sit down and thumb through them until last night!

Oh, these are fun ---

20170626_210309


Our Most Popular Patterns it says.

I opened up the cover and saw:

20170626_205320

Well shoot! This looks familiar!

And I made the READER'S FAVORITES issue!

You probably didn’t know that Blue Ridge Beauty was the FIRST quilt pattern I had published in Quiltmaker, the one moment in time that took over the rest of my life and pushed me in a direction I wasn’t sure I wanted to go…

Blue Ridge Beauty was the FIRST full quilt I made totally with Leaders & Enders before Leaders & Enders even had a name.  (Yes, I don’t think I invented the concept, people surely have been doing this for years and years because it makes so much sense?  I only believe that I coined a phrase, came up with a name for it that stuck.)

If you haven’t made Blue Ridge Beauty yet – you can pick up a copy of Reader Favorites and start your own.  Or better yet, you can WIN one of two copies –read on to learn more!

20170626_205416

I love Smooth Sailing by Carolyn Beam!

I’ve had a sailboat quilt dream floating in my head ever since taking the wheel between Long Beach and Huntington Beach!  This makes me want it even MORE. Sailboats and log cabins? Perfect!

20170614_205959

Big wheel’s keep on turning…. *singing*

20170626_205449

Two block quilts make my heart sing and my head spin with possibilities!

This is Retro Romance by Jocelyn Ueng.

20170626_205506

Winding Road by Janet Mednick!  THIS would be such a great masculine quilt-

I can see this being a great Leader & Ender project as well, can’t you?

20170626_205525

Oh, Pumpkins & Patches!

This one is designed by Diane Harris.

It’s not too early to start thinking about a fun fall project, and this one is perfect!  Those colors will work  through summer right up through October!

20170626_205356

There are so many great patterns in this issue!

20170626_205548

I’m drawing 2 winners!

Our first winner is going to get a copy of Quiltmaker’s Reader Favorites AND a gently-read copy of Frances O’Roark Dowell’s Birds in the Air, which I loved greatly. I promise that I haven’t bent over too many of the corners to mark my spot.  You are going to love this book. It takes place in North Carolina, home to my heart.

20170626_210432

Our second winner is getting Reader Favorites & a Sulky Super Bundle!

In this bundle you will find great products like Paper Solvy water soluble stabilizer, Tear Easy stabilizer, Soft & Sheer Iron-on cut-away stabilizer for machine embroider, etc, as well as 10 spools of variegated 100% cotton thread, and a box of 6 spools of Sulky Polylite, the finest, strongest thread for micro stipple quilting and detailed embroidery.

Who’s ready to win?

Our winner will be drawn Sunday Evening, July 2nd 2017!

My thanks to the Folks at Quiltmaker, Sulky and Frances O’Roark Dowell for making this giveaway possible.

6_27_2017

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

String X from the free patterns tab pieced by MONA!

Let loose and CREATE today!  I’ll catch you from Ohio -


Follow me on Instagram!

Follow my Quiltville Page on Facebook for more fun!

Join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

12 comments:

  1. Congrats Bonnie... Must have been a thrill to be included in this "favorite" issue. When was Blue Ridge Beauty first published in Quiltmaker?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool, Bonnie. CONGRATS on being in the favorite issue! You are the best!

    sao in Midlothian, VA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo,Woo! Congratulations!!! and thank you for the chance at another fun gift-away. (although, I got the 'lucky devil number as how many have entered so far 😲 😁😁😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Birds in the Air too! Frances is an online friend of mine. Have you listened to her podcasts? So much fun listening to her grow from a beginning quilter to having a quilts in a major show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this quilt! Well deserved Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Luv these products. Hope to be the lucky number!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to Ohio! Where are you in Ohio? I would Love to meet up with you if you are close By!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh you can drop in and see my granddaughter while you are there :0)
    Thanks for such a generous giveaway and thank you to your sponsors too.

    Safe travels and Happy Sewing.....all those ladies just can't wait for
    their time with you :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oo OO PICK ME!!!
    Hey Bonnie!! From NJ!! The M&M's Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pick me! Pick me! Thanks for another great drawing. Have real nice travels.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Bonnie, Have safe, fun travels and draw my name -- the book sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was just wondering if you still use your Craftoptics/ I was thinking of getting a pair to help with the old lady eyes and was wondering if they were worth the investment. I know I can count on you for an honest answer, thanks Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)